NameSilo

What are .biz's like now?

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A couple of months ago i remember reading that nobody liked .biz domains and saying they would not touch them at all, then word was that the asian market were 'digging' it so to speak and i assume the reputation has rised a little.

What is everyone's new opinions on .biz domains? Are they worth the reg fee?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
they sure are but I would stick to only the strongest single keywords.

•••
.biz domains are not valuable at all and are probably not worth the reg. fee. If you find a good keyword for a search engine project, then pick it up. Don't buy them to resell.

•••
I have sold 4 .biz in the last month for Euro 250 each.
They may not be worth much more than reg fee to some but I like them a lot short & long term. I have about 350 of them & I will continue to buy & sell them.
(It does warm my heart to hear they will be selling so inexpensively on this forum.)

imho

Jim

Last edited:
•••
I have sold some .biz names,but sell these .biz name is a difficult thing.....You must have good luck I think.

Bean

•••
Originally posted by .edu
they sure are but I would stick to only the strongest single keywords.

Where do you get these types of names at reg fee?? :-/

Recently there've been long threads about tons of unsolicited (but apparently "genuine") low-ball offers of $100 (now thats several X the reg fee) for these type of names (in .biz and other tlds) by a well-known player in the domain biz. Also, DNJ has reported many decent .biz sales in recent weeks.

•••
I think most references to "not worth reg fee" refer to reseller pricing. 2 of the names I referred to in my post above were lame.biz which I sold for Euro 300 (US 368.00)
moderation.biz Euro 250 (US 310.00). Both sold in Europe.
The European market is where I get the most requests from.
And I like getting EUROS. Very nice exchange rate & PayPal handles and converts them as well. Not trying to convert anyone, I just think that there is definitely an upside to these names.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Jim

•••
Like most people I started out hating .biz. However I started dabbling in them last fall when some good ones started dropping, just in case I was wrong. Turns out I probably was. I now sell them frequently in low to mid 3 figures. Latest one was SDI.biz for $450 this past week. A friend of mine just sold a female first name in .biz for $700 today (will be reporting it in DNJ next week). I have found that you can sell good words, terms and 3-letter domains in all extensions.

•••
I started out liking .biz when it was first launched. I still like .biz. Most domains speculators don't like .biz because they don't understand the nature of B2B or read business magazines or watch business TV channels where .biz is commonly seen.

B2B is a totally different ballgame.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back