Domain Empire

question What about .tech ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dotplus

Established Member
Impact
what about .tech ?
I think .tech is very nice, is suitable for technology companies,easy to remember than .technolgoy, so i have registered the following domain name.
pear.tech
push.tech
tiger.tech
lemon.tech
yun.tech (云科技)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Registrations have dev' picked up. I see some good registrations from a Saturday which is normally extremely slow. Various registrants:

activewear.tech
distribution.tech
minerals.tech
mmo.tech
bnb.tech
nbs.tech

•••
Anyone actually sold any .tech?
If namecheap runs $1.99 promotion again on Monday I might pick a few LLLs - but then again renewals are $30-40, it would be expensive to wait for an end user...

•••
Just to clearify.

.com's used to be $75. That was back in the 1990's. Considering inflation that would put it around $150 per .com. .Tv was $75. The .co used to be double what it is right now. The registrars will adjust and you can find the best deals for Regging and transfering at https://namestat.org/tech

•••
I couldn't find any reported sales for .tech domains
Anybody know of any?

•••
•••
If there are any sales people are keeping them secret and buying up the rest. Wouldn't you? The first sale worthy of mentioning for the .gtld was coffee.club which was brokered by the. .Club registrar. With that hype it helped brokering wine.club. and may I mention that coffee.club is on a 10 year payment plan. So not a pure sale but look how it spread the appeal. All this didn't happen for about 9-12 months after that extension became avail.

•••
•••
Some .tech domains will be worth more than others. Think about the person that regged bio.tech. :D

•••
.tech has been in the top 10 gtld of newly registered domains for 3 days straight. I've also noticed that somebody went on a LLL.tech buying frenzy.

•••
What about the trademark issues for LLL.tech ?
I have searched numerous LLL.tech which are available to register and all of them are trademarked. Do we face any problem if we buy them?

•••
This is how I see it and is just my opinion.

If the term "XYZ tech" or XYZTech is registered as a trademark and you register xyz.tech than they might be a case if you have it listed on marketplaces and publicly publicize it for sale. However, if you are not displaying bad faith and it seems like you registered in good faith than you are fine.

However, if only XYZ has various trademarks and it is not a famous global brand than acronmys in general are safe since they could stand for anything.

•••
Great points headsupp

Last edited:
•••
--

Last edited:
•••
I didn't manage to use all the transfer coupons at Namecheap so might as well buy a few LLL.tech (only $12 overall so what the hell)

•••
Fellas. You only 45 mins left. Get 10 .tech domains for $1.99 each at namecheap

•••
•••
Somedays ago I received through Sedo an offer of $200 for one of my dot tech domains but I refused it. I really hope that's not one of my big errors...

•••
Somedays ago I received through Sedo an offer of $200 for one of my dot tech domains but I refused it. I really hope that's not one of my big error...

Depends on what your goals are. Quick flip or better ROI. I turned out $x,xxx offers and don't hold no regrets. You will never move up the food chain by selling dirt cheap.

•••
You are right. I think my domain is worth more and I would't be happy to sell it for that amount.

Last edited:
•••
Wix.tech still available

•••
•••
•••
There are lots of LLL.tech avail ;)

•••
271x344xpushtech.jpg.pagespeed.ic.vgWF10aSUt.jpg

•••
Even though the volume is lower to XYZ and club, it seems .tech is quite favorable in China. About half off all .tech registrations are from China with continuous movement. If you ask me, the .tech extension is the sleeper of the gtlds.

https://namestat.org/tech

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back