Domain Empire

question What about .tech ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dotplus

Established Member
Impact
what about .tech ?
I think .tech is very nice, is suitable for technology companies,easy to remember than .technolgoy, so i have registered the following domain name.
pear.tech
push.tech
tiger.tech
lemon.tech
yun.tech (云科技)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I registered trav.tech...

shhhh...

•••
•••
My post was short and sarcastic because all your OG post said was "What about Tech".... And then you modified it after my post....

But to answer your newly modified OG post.... How do you see those domains being used? Who are your targeted buyers?

I was not shhh-ing you, but I am curious as well. I can see Push.Tech doing well.

•••
It be behoove you to check every state for companies named Push Tech and reach out to them... I'm sure there are MANY but should be worth your time!

•••
It be behoove you to check every state for companies named Push Tech and reach out to them... I'm sure there are MANY but should be worth your time!
yes, In a sense, xxx.tech is better than xxxtech.com

•••
yes, In a sense, xxx.tech is better than xxxtech.com
I prefer xxxTech because you don't have to say the word "Dot" in the middle.

I also like .Tech. It is another great extension for startups!

Just like: .XYZ .io .ly .co

•••
Good for tech field, like .science for sci field...but do we really need nitched extension?

Like years ago, .com, .net, .org, .edu, .info came out to be used for different purposes, but look at how they are used by end-users now...

•••
yun.tech is a good domain name.Wish you can make a fortune

•••
•••
This is what i grabbed for .tech im looking to sell them because id much rather have .xyz if you guys are interested im into trades some people prefer different extentions
  • technicians.tech
  • Insured.tech

•••
I grabbed FOGGING & REVOLUTIONARY both .tech

•••
I own about 400 .tech names and since the beginning of domaining I am now been approached by various big time corporations seeking out these names compared to small to medium sized businesses.

The reach is globally and has wide appeal.

•••
headsupp can you give us some samples or real cases of .tech names that you are being approached for? Good stuff!

•••
headsupp can you give us some samples or real cases of .tech names that you are being approached for? Good stuff!

Companies simply wanting shorter urls. Most of them were LLL.tech and a few were four letter generic terms.

•••
Thanks, shouldn't be surprising really :)

•••
By the way, why doesn't namebio have .tech in the drop down list? (but does have .technology).. Seems they have most TLDs but not .tech!? :)

•••
@headsupp, what kind of offers are you getting and what prices are you wanting? mid hundreds? low thousands?

•••
I prefer xxxTech because you don't have to say the word "Dot" in the middle.

I also like .Tech. It is another great extension for startups!

Just like: .XYZ .io .ly .co

If you don't say "dot" people will go xxxtech.com, if you do say dot you'll get bunch of additional questions "dot what?", "ok, fine, and then in the end .com? Is is it xxx.tech.com?", "Is it tech, tec, tek"?

•••
what about .tech ?
I think .tech is very nice, is suitable for technology companies,easy to remember than .technolgoy, so i have registered the following domain name.
pear.tech
push.tech
tiger.tech
lemon.tech
yun.tech (云科技)

Did you mean to register peer.tech or pear.tech?

•••
@headsupp, what kind of offers are you getting and what prices are you wanting? mid hundreds? low thousands?

All offers have been in the x,xxx range and I am not selling cheap. Half of them are coming from fortune 500 companies.

•••
These .techs are cheap enough in my opinion, worth a shot.
Picked up a few more-

ANIMATED dot tech
HOLOGRAMS dot tech
2017 dot tech
2018 dot tech
2019 dot tech

The last 3 seem like they could be good for yearly reviews or previews of tech stuff

2016 dot net sold for $10 k this month
2017 dot org soled this month for $2000
2015 .net & . org both sold before for $5-$6000

I am thinking these 4 number/year domains will have a value to somebody

•••
I just checked and noticed they also have differentiated pricing on premium names having thousands $ in renewals. That kind of extension is as good as dead. It will never pick up if good names are shelved.

•••
I just checked and noticed they also have differentiated pricing on premium names having thousands $ in renewals. That kind of extension is as good as dead. It will never pick up if good names are shelved.

Agreed. It is very hard to find good ones. I think the registrar is trying to cut out the middle man and have these companies pay big yearly renewal fees instead of having us brokers cash in. Somewhat last week just bought blue.tech. I bet that must have been a 12k yearly reg.

Before .tech got released, I literally spent every minute I could get for a full week of trying to find undervalued domain names. Radix is doing an awesome job advertising their extension and getting the word out. They even went out of their way and send me a package full of goods that included branded t-shirts, sunglasses, stickers and more, simply to thank for registering in Early Pre-Registration period.

I have received more offers and interested from the .tech gtld domains than I have for all other gtlds that I have registered combined over the last 1 1/2 years.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back