Dynadot

Porkbun.com (registrar) experience?

NameSilo
Watch

brandnow

Selling hotcakesTop Member
Impact
I am thinking of transferring some .news names to Porkbun because they have the best price right now. Any experience with them? Just curious if they are reliable. Or any experiences good or bad with them.

They seem pretty good. Free WHOIS privacy, etc. There's not too many reviews about them online though.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's yummy in my tummy! I can eat a dozen! Lol sorry couldn't resist! But seriously never heard of this registrar before in my life. Is it new?

How much cheaper is it for .news? And is it only .news that is cheap?

•••
Porkbun is owned by Top Level Design registry.

•••
I've not tried them, at least not yet.

However, it's great for us consumers that these companies are bringing down the prices.

I remember when I had to pay loads of money for a .COM at Netsol or Register.com. Then the 2nd generation came with GoDaddy etc and the prices went down. This is the 3rd generation.

•••
Make sure they are not a reseller, but I would favor security and convenience over prices.
Some registrars are not worth the shitty experience.

They don't seem to have a lot of domains under management. Is this a new registrar ?

•••
•••
I would say that they currently have the cheapest overall prices on new gTLDs, even a few cents cheaper than Namesilo for many extensions.

Ps. I am not including the .XYZ "super sale" etc in this...

•••
Full disclosure, I work at Porkbun. Our pricing model is really simple, we just put a $1 mark up on non-premium domains (after CC and ICANN fees). We're still pretty new and, as someone else pointed out, we're also the registry for .design, .ink and .wiki.

I'm pretty excited about what we've built.

If anyone wants to take a look at the in's and out's of Porkbun, shoot me an email (kino at porkbun dot com) and I'll send you code for a free first year registration on a .ink, .wiki or .design domain.

•••
Full disclosure, I work at Porkbun. Our pricing model is really simple, we just put a $1 mark up on non-premium domains (after CC and ICANN fees). We're still pretty new and, as someone else pointed out, we're also the registry for .design, .ink and .wiki.

I'm pretty excited about what we've built.

If anyone wants to take a look at the in's and out's of Porkbun, shoot me an email (kino at porkbun dot com) and I'll send you code for a free first year registration on a .ink, .wiki or .design domain.

Thank you @Kino Crooke. Sent you an email, received the code and just registered 100% free BIOLOGICAL in the INK extension. Just wondering if there is any strings attached before I proceed to create a blog on it.

•••
Biological ink is a great domain! No extra terms and conditions, just remember it will renew at full price next year. Thanks for taking me up on the offer, can't wait to see the blog.

•••
Got a .design domain for a business. Search and checkout process was clean and straightforward.

Last edited:
•••
Pricing https://porkbun.com/products/details
  • .COM $8.65
  • .NET $8.25
  • .ORG $9.63
  • .INFO $10
  • .BIZ $10.48
New gTLDs
  • .LINK $8.47
  • .CLICK $6.41
  • .NEWS $17.04
  • .WIKI $21.16
  • .DESIGN $35.58
  • .MEDIA $22.19
  • .TIPS $14.98
  • .XYZ $9.84
etc.

•••
G'day Kino.. any chance of a code? Wanna register some new tld's with you guys.. can you help me get started? :)

•••
That's an ugly domain to brand with imo ... oink! oink! :)

•••
Their interface is pretty sleek, instantaneous response times, one-click changes. Been with them for a few months, no issues. Some of the best pricing I've seen anywhere, which is what originally drew me to them.

@Kino Crooke couple questions:

- I would like to see cloaked forwarding added into the domain forwarding options, do you see this happening at some point?

- Possible to move domains between accounts? Or does it have to be a compete external transfer?

Thanks,

Hotkey

•••
@mayhemalex shoot me an email (it's posted earlier in the thread) and we'll get you a coupon code.

•••
@HotKey

- Cloaked forwarding is something that we've discussed. We're a small team so we can move pretty fast, but we have to pick and choose where we put our focus. I can see masked forwards happening at Porkbun, but I can't say when that will be. Hearing voices like yours help us make those decisions though.

- It is possible to move domains between accounts. At the moment you'll have to email us to get it done. This is a piece of functionality that we're working on.

•••
kino at porkbun dot com isn't working for me.. :/

•••
kino at porkbun dot com isn't working for me.. :/

kino (@) porkbun (.) com isn't working? Just tried a couple test emails and everything seems to be working correctly. Could you try kino (@) toplevel (.) design instead? If it works could you also forward the bounce back email that you received? Thanks!

•••
@HotKey You'll now find masked forwarding under "Toggle Advanced Settings" when you select URL forward in your domain management screen. Shoot me an email if you have any issues with it, we just implemented it today.

•••
I saw this registar yesterday for the first time and it appears it is good since I liked the way their rep here Kino seems to be following and caring for potential customers. Hope you all the best ,and though admittedly I dont know who chose you the name, I wish you success :)

•••
@Kino Crooke Works flawlessly, and awesome TTL has instant resolve. I'm impressed. Thanks for implementing this!

•••
Ha, I thought this thread was a joke, based on the registrar's name. Porkbun? Pork bun? Please do your company a favor and change the name ASAP. It'll be much easier/cheaper to re-brand now than go through an even bigger headache later. If you need domain ideas, message me, I have a few that would suit much better.

•••
I gotta disagree. Their name and design are very cute and will catch on. They are fairly new. I'll start using them myself once I get my finances sorted.

•••
Accepts PayPal now, Bitcoin too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back