IT.COM

Porkbun.com (registrar) experience?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

brandnow

Selling hotcakesTop Member
Impact
I am thinking of transferring some .news names to Porkbun because they have the best price right now. Any experience with them? Just curious if they are reliable. Or any experiences good or bad with them.

They seem pretty good. Free WHOIS privacy, etc. There's not too many reviews about them online though.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I gotta disagree. Their name and design are very cute and will catch on. They are fairly new. I'll start using them myself once I get my finances sorted.

Yup, agreed, great name. It's also a reflection of the times of finding a name in the dot-com market.

Speaking of market, registered my first dot-market with Porkbun today.

•••
•••
.US - $7.52 reg/transfer/renew

•••
Last edited:
•••
If anyone wants to take a look at the in's and out's of Porkbun, shoot me an email (kino at porkbun dot com) and I'll send you code for a free first year registration on a .ink, .wiki or .design domain.
code received Thanks
will take a look later when i can think of a suitable .design domain - if anyone has any suggestions feel free to pm me

•••
I've found out that Porkbun seems to be a great pricing registrar for .com

Have not heard about your experience

Most important thing are three:
1. What happen with their domains if they close
2. Are TTL fast enough (up to now from my experience Godaddy by far are the best, I'm currently relying half in GD and half in Namecheap, and namecheap are not so fast)
3. Do they have a good and easy to set-up DNS system?

Last edited:
•••
I tried Porkbun due to their pricing, but I certainly regret that decision. I've had nothing but problems and their customer support is entirely useless and maddening. My advice, spend a few more pennies and go with a registrar that can help when needed. It's no wonder they have only 2,500 domains as of this writing!

http://www.registrarowl.com/Porkbun

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
@RU Hello. Please check out our pricing page to see current pricing on all TLDs. Let us know if you have any questions.

@Adam27 Ray doesn't use that domain and therefor has had no need to change the name servers. Pretty sure he knows how ;)

•••
I have bad experience with Porkbun. Private registration doesn't work.

•••
•••
@Kino Crooke
I don't see .PRO (gTLD-2004, operated by Afilias) in your pricelist...

Last edited:
•••
@Kino Crooke
I don't see .PRO (gTLD-2004, operated by Afilias) in your pricelist...

Hello, Jurgen. Unfortunately we do not currently support .PRO. It's pretty far down on our TLD on-boarding list due to its restrictions but we will eventually offer it, I'm just not sure when. Sorry!

•••
These so-called and absolutely formal restrictions for .PRO were completely deprecated more than a year ago...

p.s. 411K+ .PROs are registered as of today by another registrars.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
These so-called and absolutely formal restrictions for .PRO were completely deprecated more than a year ago...
I'm surprised that still, there are registrars not aware of this...

•••

Thank you; I was under the impression that they still had the self certification process in place but it appears they do not. That's great news. I'm going to look into getting .PRO on-boarded sooner rather than later. It really is a great TLD.

•••
"Ugh - my fault for trying to use "the new guy" on the block to save a little money. Porkbun customer support is terrible and didn't reply to me for 3 days. When I finally got a reply, it was clearly from someone without even the most basic idea of how DNS works. Their system looks nice from the outside, but once you start using it, you'll come to the same conclusion as me which is that it is better to go with a more established registrar without obvious growing pains. Avoid Porkbun unless you want to waste time haggling with a company that clearly has no business being in the domain business!"

http://www.registrarowl.com/Porkbun

•••
•••
I've had no issues @Adam27

I'm honestly not sure what Adam's issue is. We have plenty of great reviews but he seems to always post the couple of bad ones made on RegistrarOwl (he does the same thing at webhostingtalk.com but we're not allowed to even defend ourselves over there), which we know has suppressed positive comments left by our customers for some reason. Him and I had a good relationship while I was at Name.com and now Porkbun. I have always treated him well and he always seemed like a nice guy. As far as I know any issues he's had with us have been resolved quickly, often by me personally. He recently applied for a position with us and did not get the job, only because we hired someone local that was very qualified for the position. Ever since then he seems to have gone on a strange vindictive rampage to point out the very few anonymous bad reviews we have out there, most that I believe he has left himself. We used to communicate via email very amicably and that completely stopped, even when I have reached out twice after he did not get hired.

Anyhow, I do wish him the best and hope that some day can get over whatever issue it is he has with us. He won't communicate with me directly anymore, only via passive aggressive comments on forums.

•••
No issues for me with their Support as well... and were answered and solved quickly.

Last edited:
•••
Same here, smooth sailing, interface is slick and quick. Response time is awesome. No issues at all. Really one of my top registrars.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back