NameSilo

Porkbun.com (registrar) experience?

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

brandnow

Selling hotcakesTop Member
Impact
1,227
I am thinking of transferring some .news names to Porkbun because they have the best price right now. Any experience with them? Just curious if they are reliable. Or any experiences good or bad with them.

They seem pretty good. Free WHOIS privacy, etc. There's not too many reviews about them online though.
 
3
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I saw this registar yesterday for the first time and it appears it is good since I liked the way their rep here Kino seems to be following and caring for potential customers. Hope you all the best ,and though admittedly I dont know who chose you the name, I wish you success :)
 
2
•••
@Kino Crooke Works flawlessly, and awesome TTL has instant resolve. I'm impressed. Thanks for implementing this!
 
0
•••
Ha, I thought this thread was a joke, based on the registrar's name. Porkbun? Pork bun? Please do your company a favor and change the name ASAP. It'll be much easier/cheaper to re-brand now than go through an even bigger headache later. If you need domain ideas, message me, I have a few that would suit much better.
 
0
•••
I gotta disagree. Their name and design are very cute and will catch on. They are fairly new. I'll start using them myself once I get my finances sorted.
 
3
•••
Accepts PayPal now, Bitcoin too.
 
4
•••
I gotta disagree. Their name and design are very cute and will catch on. They are fairly new. I'll start using them myself once I get my finances sorted.

Yup, agreed, great name. It's also a reflection of the times of finding a name in the dot-com market.

Speaking of market, registered my first dot-market with Porkbun today.
 
1
•••
Added .US support
 
1
•••
.US - $7.52 reg/transfer/renew
 
0
•••
Last edited:
0
•••
If anyone wants to take a look at the in's and out's of Porkbun, shoot me an email (kino at porkbun dot com) and I'll send you code for a free first year registration on a .ink, .wiki or .design domain.
code received Thanks
will take a look later when i can think of a suitable .design domain - if anyone has any suggestions feel free to pm me
 
1
•••
I've found out that Porkbun seems to be a great pricing registrar for .com

Have not heard about your experience

Most important thing are three:
1. What happen with their domains if they close
2. Are TTL fast enough (up to now from my experience Godaddy by far are the best, I'm currently relying half in GD and half in Namecheap, and namecheap are not so fast)
3. Do they have a good and easy to set-up DNS system?
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I tried Porkbun due to their pricing, but I certainly regret that decision. I've had nothing but problems and their customer support is entirely useless and maddening. My advice, spend a few more pennies and go with a registrar that can help when needed. It's no wonder they have only 2,500 domains as of this writing!

http://www.registrarowl.com/Porkbun
 
Last edited:
0
•••
0
•••
any discounts /new tlds?
 
1
•••
@RU Hello. Please check out our pricing page to see current pricing on all TLDs. Let us know if you have any questions.

@Adam27 Ray doesn't use that domain and therefor has had no need to change the name servers. Pretty sure he knows how ;)
 
0
•••
I have bad experience with Porkbun. Private registration doesn't work.
 
1
•••
0
•••
@Kino Crooke
I don't see .PRO (gTLD-2004, operated by Afilias) in your pricelist...
 
Last edited:
0
•••
@Kino Crooke
I don't see .PRO (gTLD-2004, operated by Afilias) in your pricelist...

Hello, Jurgen. Unfortunately we do not currently support .PRO. It's pretty far down on our TLD on-boarding list due to its restrictions but we will eventually offer it, I'm just not sure when. Sorry!
 
0
•••
These so-called and absolutely formal restrictions for .PRO were completely deprecated more than a year ago...

p.s. 411K+ .PROs are registered as of today by another registrars.
 
Last edited:
3
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back