Dynadot

debate We'd all be millionaires if domain investing was that easy

NameSilo
Watch

Domain investing is ___

MisterSoft.com

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
There are Domain-GURUs out there selling their e-books and tips for hundred of dollars. These so-called Domain-GURUs claim they're making hundreds and even thousands of dollars every day flipping domains! Do you think anyone holds that Magic-Bullet?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very rampant in forex trading circles

Internet Marketing Niche - many many HUGE names in there NEVER apply the methods they sell and make a 2 to 4 Millions dollar a LAUNCH "Day" by selling it !!

•••
domaining was much easier, the farther back in time you go

why?

because there were less snake-oil salesmen.

nowadays, if you're just starting, you'll be target for every schemer or scammer out here.

there are more people trying to sell you something, other than a domain name, than ever before.

how many of you are already paying for something, before you get that "something else" that you're gonna have to pay for again, when you find it?

or how many have paid for something they thought they were gonna get, but didn't get it like the person who sold it to you said you would?

imo......

•••
domaining was much easier, the farther back in time you go

why?

because there were less snake-oil salesmen.

nowadays, if you're just starting, you'll be target for every schemer or scammer out here.

there are more people trying to sell you something, other than a domain name, than ever before.

how many of you are already paying for something, before you get that "something else" that you're gonna have to pay for again, when you find it?

or how many have paid for something they thought they were gonna get, but didn't get it like the person who sold it to you said you would?

imo......

To the point - but people will say the same thing 10 years from now - mentioning that our days were the easiest.

Vicious circle that never ends...

•••
It's very easy to invest but very hard to make profit haha

That's why I choose primarely .top domains for german market - in expectation of a faster ROI / profit.

Is that strategy working for you? Presumably German words? Does .top mean something in German? Please forgive my basic questions.

•••
I remember a time when I agonized over whether I should buy a dot com or a dot net. It wasn't clear which would be best.

Ahhh. Those were the days.

•••
It's very easy to invest but very hard to make profit haha

That's why I choose primarely .top domains for german market - in expectation of a faster ROI / profit.
Is that strategy working for you? Presumably German words? Does .top mean something in German? Please forgive my basic questions.

Thx for your questions.

First, I invite you to read my reply to my quoted sentence ('...easy to invest, hard to profit...') here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/we...ting-was-that-easy.937508/page-2#post-5452755

According to your questions about my 'strategy' with .top I can answer you the following:

I am convinced that it will work, yes.
In the meanwhile I got / get XXX.xx offers for german .top domains but I rejected them because I know they worth more - if not now then in future.

My 'strategy' is / needs time (domaining at whole as we know) - so I simply have to be Patient. But that's not the Problem - because the term 'top' has a huge bandwidth / message in german language - probably it is more matching in combination wit names than in any other language, including english - I wrote a detailed post about this fact here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/showcase-your-top-domains-here.861856/page-17#post-5362456

Hope this helps, haha yes I forgive you your 'basic question', sir.

Last edited:
•••
@kingof.top - Thank you for your detailed reply. It helped me to understand better your strategy. I have understood that "top" is actually used in the German language to mean all those things you mentioned in your 2nd reference post above. That being the case, you just need to find German words which sit well with .top, like autos or domains, in German of course (maybe good or bad examples).

My question would be. How well is .top accepted as an alternative TLD to .DE? To my knowledge, Germans love their .DE cctld and would be reluctant to go outside of that cctld. Of course availability and price might pressure that to happen. I wish you well with this strategy. I would add however, I think you should mitigate your risk by actually selling some domains, instead of hoarding them, just in case your strategy doesn't pan out. But I suppose that largely depends on how deep your pockets are ;)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Of course it is hard, read, research ..... repeat .......read, research ........ repeat ........etc

•••
Thx for your questions.

First, I invite you to read my reply to my quoted sentence ('...easy to invest, hard to profit...') here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/we...ting-was-that-easy.937508/page-2#post-5452755

According to your questions about my 'strategy' with .top I can answer you the following:

I am convinced that it will work, yes.
In the meanwhile I got / get XXX.xx offers for german .top domains but I rejected them because I know they worth more - if not now then in future.

My 'strategy' is / needs time (domaining at whole as we know) - so I simply have to be Patient. But that's not the Problem - because the term 'top' has a huge bandwidth / message in german language - probably it is more matching in combination wit names than in any other language, including english - I wrote a detailed post about this fact here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/showcase-your-top-domains-here.861856/page-17#post-5362456

Hope this helps, haha yes I forgive you your 'basic question', sir.
I don't know anyone who types in a word twenty times and then the extension ??

•••
•••
@kingof.top - Thank you for your detailed reply. It helped me to understand better your strategy. I have understood that "top" is actually used in the German language to mean all those things you mentioned in your 2nd reference post above. That being the case, you just need to find German words which sit well with .top, like autos or domains, in German of course (maybe good or bad examples).

My question would be. How well is .top accepted as an alternative TLD to .DE? To my knowledge, Germans love their .DE cctld and would be reluctant to go outside of that cctld. Of course availability and price might pressure that to happen. I wish you well with this strategy. I would add however, I think you should mitigate your risk by actually selling some domains, instead of hoarding them, just in case your strategy doesn't pan out. But I suppose that largely depends on how deep your pockets are ;)

All what I can say for sure is that all needs time.

Of course .de / .at / .ch are currently #1 in DE / AT / CH but the term 'top' is used in all those countries.
I am waiting for a 'domino effect' in german market.
One, two, three public big premium .top sales in german market and my strategy will work, no doubt.

But again, all what I can say is... ...time.

Last edited:
•••
It has to do with hardworking and smartness. But more of luck.

•••
I actually thought it would be harder. That doesn't mean it's easy, but still I'm kind of pleasantly surprised that it actually works out rather well.

•••
I actually thought it would be harder. That doesn't mean it's easy, but still I'm kind of pleasantly surprised that it actually works out rather well.

Well said. I agree.

The hardest part for me is selling. There's no shortage of good names available at good prices (including reg-fee), but one only has so much capital, and I've found it's easy to spend my capital on good buys faster than I can turn my names over.

•••
All what I can say for sure is that all needs time.

Of course .de / .at / .ch are currently #1 in DE / AT / CH but the term 'top' is used in all those countries.
I am waiting for a 'domino effect' in german market.
One, two, three public big premium .top sales in german market and my strategy will work, no doubt.

But again, all what I can say is... ...time.

I remember that kind of BS in 2006 and 2007. please stop polluting threads with that nonsense... keep it to yourself, your big idea.

•••
I remember that kind of BS in 2006 and 2007. please stop polluting threads with that nonsense... keep it to yourself, your big idea.
I was one click away to report your post because of your disrespectful language.
But then I decided do not report your post and to answer you at this time because I currently have time.

I don't know what you mean or what you want to say.
I have nothing to do with your rememberings or interpretations of what is 'BS'.

I recommend you to use a respectful language when writing to me.
Stop 'polluting' (to use your own words) threads with insolent* posts like this (quoted, above) - so, in this sense and, again, in 'your own words': Keep them to yourself, your small idea**.

All the best.

* insolent: 'BS' / 'polluting' / 'nonsense' / 'keep it to yourself' / 'your big idea'

** you wrote 'your big idea' to me - so obviously you must have a 'small idea' - otherwise you wouldn't wrote that I have a 'big idea'.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back