Dynadot

debate We'd all be millionaires if domain investing was that easy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain investing is ___

MisterSoft.com

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
There are Domain-GURUs out there selling their e-books and tips for hundred of dollars. These so-called Domain-GURUs claim they're making hundreds and even thousands of dollars every day flipping domains! Do you think anyone holds that Magic-Bullet?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You mean you're not a millionaire? How sad your life must be. Devoid of joy and copious amounts of female attention. Let me know if you'd like my coaching services. Only $1295 and I will reveal the hidden secrets to domain name investing.

•••
You mean you're not a millionaire? How sad your life must be. Devoid of joy and copious amounts of female attention. Let me know if you'd like my coaching services. Only $1295 and I will reveal the hidden secrets to domain name investing.
LOL

•••
The problem with domaining now is you have to think, in the early days you just had to type an English word and press a button that said 'Register .Com' and if you made a mistake you could sell the typo - how easy is that ?

Last edited:
•••
What is the difference between "Hard" and "Very Hard"?

This question is for Men Only.

•••

After Ben Bien lessons it might be very hard lol

•••

Very hard ==> that makes you sweat :)

Last edited:
•••
New GTLDs are a big distractions.
Dot-com is the KING:)

•••
The problem with domaining now is you have to think, in the early days you just had to type an English word and press a button that said 'Register .Com' and if you made a mistake you could sell the typo - how easy is that ?

didn't you then have to wait like 10 years or something after you did all that too? for your millions that is

•••
It's very easy to invest but very hard to make profit haha

That's why I choose primarely .top domains for german market - in expectation of a faster ROI / profit.

Last edited:
•••
There are Domain-GURUs out there selling their e-books and tips for hundred of dollars. These so-called Domain-GURUs claim they're making hundreds and even thousands of dollars every day flipping domains! Do you think anyone holds that Magic-Bullet?

theyd not be sellign ebooks if they had those domain sales.

•••
I remember a time when I agonized over whether I should buy a dot com or a dot net. It wasn't clear which would be best.

•••
•••
I am sure there are people making thousands per day with domaining - I am NOT one of them - but this doesn't make it impossible. Domaining is hard but the beauty of it is that it gets easier with time, experience, and many losses along the way.

I do believe people selling their tips are selling the shovels but it's a business model IF they were as successful as they claim.

The problem is that EVERY SINGLE DOMAIN is unique! unlike anything else - even in Real Estate, you can 100% duplicate two buildings, but you can never do that in domaining! Every Single Appraisal is Invalid in my opinion - a million dollar domain in my eyes might not be worth registering in yours - So basically, I believe domaining is relatively hard in the beginning and gets easier with time and experience, and yes, I do believe people are making thousands a day! In every industry there are leaders who are making that and more.

After-all, if you have the money, you WILL make thousands per day for sure !! BUT, what's left in your inventory unsold that ALSO cost you thousands is not in the equation here :)

•••
New GTLDs are a big distractions.
Dot-com is the KING:)
didn't you then have to wait like 10 years or something after you did all that too? for your millions that is
If you were smart enough yes.

But the rush around 95-96 brought quick returns for lots of domainers

•••
If you were smart enough yes.

But the rush around 95-96 brought quick returns for lots of domainers

nice
I don't atually know the full story of that.. I don't go back that far for sure.. I was always under imperssion if you regged .com in begining of all regs, you had to wait a large amount of time for roi. big or small.

•••
nice
I don't atually know the full story of that.. I don't go back that far for sure.. I was always under imperssion if you regged .com in begining of all regs, you had to wait a large amount of time for roi. big or small.

Many businesses and the public at large were not aware of the need for a domain or website back then. So, lots of domainers cleaned up by contacting endusers with deep pockets.

•••
After-all, if you have the money, you WILL make thousands per day for sure !!

Some years ago I had a friend who did a tax deferred exchange on some real estate he owned. The way the tax laws in the USA work that meant he had six months to spend $135,000 on "replacement property". This was a guy who had been doing his own deals profitably for 40 years. He looked and looked and finally found some.

A few years after that he sold the replacement property and admitted he should have just paid the taxes at the time.

Domains are a fascinating but really hard place to make money. I suspect there are many cases where an initial big win sets up the hubris to follow it with a big loss :)

•••
I suspect there are many cases where an initial big win sets up the hubris to follow it with a big loss :)
This happens in all sorts of investment...
We just think we are invincible now :$::'(

•••
theyd not be sellign ebooks if they had those domain sales.

Multiple Streams of income - and Since every domain is unique - the only downside is: who has more money and knowledge to convert the purchase into a profiting one.

The market is so big and is hard to be saturated - If I was making thousands a day - I would still want more (Human Nature) and I would look for multiple streams of income! I would Still try to sell eBooks - Video - Consultation - Expired domain lists - Domaining Software etc. Although each would be still used by me on daily basis.

My 2 cents!

•••
It's very easy to invest but very hard to make profit

Yes, this is a more accurate way of putting it!

The problem is that EVERY SINGLE DOMAIN is unique!

Great point, every domain should be considered on it's own merits and not necessarily part of the bigger picture.

•••
Yes, this is a more accurate way of putting it!

Great point, every domain should be considered on it's own merits and not necessarily part of the bigger picture.

Easy enough to make profit every year if you know what your doing !

Land property is always unique but it also gets evaluated before sale !

•••
It's very easy to invest but very hard to make profit haha

That's why I choose primarely .top domains for german market - in expectation of a faster ROI / profit.

I would like to add to this statement -

IMO , It's VERY hard to invest (in terms of knowing the value of the domain(s) you're buying - and IF you bought RIGHT) it will ALWAYS be easy to Profit -

So in Domaining - it's harder to invest than to profit!

•••
•••
We'd all be millionaires if [name any industry] was that easy.

Every industry has millionaires and or billionaires, the fact is thou that most who get involved with anything will fail or not reach their expectations.

As long as people refuse to listen to those who have mastered the art of making money within a industry, the majority will continue to fail miserably.

I have nothing against innovation, but first prove you can make it using the current proven tried and tested methods, then go on and test new ideas.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back