Domain Empire

Web Space

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hiya gang :) I have been working on my home page that is provided by my ISP's (10MB) huge space, not. I have compiled a good set of pictures, at least I think so, without brief description or any wording as of yet though getting around to it. I have quickly come to realise that 10MB's isn't very large at all. I have been hunting around for web space though it looks like i'll have to get a Supreme Court Judge, Financial Advisor, Web Host Management blah blah blah blah blah to sort out the details before I sign off. Web domain names, over priced, under priced, .net, .org, .info, com, Bandwidth, minimum hits, maximum hits, traffic stats and the rest of it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :| not happy Jan !! It seems to be complicated and rather the process turning me on and getting excited about the prospects of my own picture gallery, its turning me off. All I want is a little space in the garden for my flowers to flourice preferably away from the snails, lol.

Can any one explain it in english and help me sort this mess out as I don't speak or read alian :tri:

yass00

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, to be honest it's not that hard (though it may seem like it) if you go about it the right way. It sounds like you'll have a basic site with pictures and such on them. For such a site 10 MB can be small if you start adding lots of pictures and information.

First off, you need to see how much space you need. Check out your folder where you have the files stored and see what you have now. I'd recommend allowing some room for growth but I wouldn't go overboard. Getting too much space is a waste of money - you can always upgrade at a later date with most hosts.

I'd look for something basic - perhaps a 100-500 MB plan with 5-10 GB of transfer at this point. This is more than enough for a basic site with some pictures and information. Adjust the values accordingly if you feel that you need more space/transfer.

My advice when searching for a host is to do your research. If you come across a host of interest try looking them up or even contacting sales/support to get a feel for how they'll respond and lead you when you need help. Most importantly, don't get greedy or in a state of awe with some of the offers you may come across. If you notice 10s to 100s of GBs of transfer or GBs of space for incredible prices then be wary. Good advice is if it looks too good to be true then it probably is.

If you need any addtional help - please feel free to shoot me a PM. I can get you pointed in the right direction or answer a question or two.

Also, this post is probably better suited for the web hosting forum on down. I'll notify a mod about it for you.

•••
nailed it right on the head CrazyTech, thanx 4 ur advice.

:o appology for posting in wrong forum.

yass00

•••
No problem at all.

Don't worry about the wrong forum either, it's easy to miss.

Goodluck with your search. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back