Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

question Almost Generic Name & Trademark Issues

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

NoisyNosyNancy

Established Member
Impact
28
I found a great domain name - sort of like "WorldsBest...blah blah blah." (not "WorldsBest but similar) So, lots of people and entities use this phrase before the thing they are promoting or selling.

I checked and while there are some trademarks for items such as "Worlds best Beer" (for a hypothetical example), there was nothing for the name I registered. So, there was no "WorldBest Socks" trademarked.

So my question is - since I got the domain name today, is there a chance it will be trademarked later and I will have to give it up? Or do I win because I registered it prior to any trademark.

Also, with such a generic name, is anyone even allowed to trademark it?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back