IT.COM

.tv Web page to show and sell .tv domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys,
I need your expert advice because I was thinking about putting all my .tv domain names on my Premiums.tv domain as a showcase to sell them.
I know that some of you already did something similar.
How was the outcome compared to parking them with 3rd party websites? Have you noticed an increase in sales and inquiries or it's basically the same?
Thanks a lot.
Ale.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have received occasional inquiries on a portfolio site but it seems individual landers for each domain seem to generate more inbound offers. Note that if you do not set minimum offers you will get offers under $50. EFTY does a verification process for inbound inquiries but you can still see unverified offers.

•••
... it seems individual landers for each domain seem to generate more inbound offers....

Thanks for that info. Can you think of a reason why individual landers can be more successful?
I always thought that a single page with more content (in this case domains) can get more traffic compared to just one name on one page.

•••
Why do landers generate more offers? I can only guess.
-perhaps because my landing page is in English but many of my domains are Spanish
-perhaps when people look to see how a domain is being used, if it resolves to a website (even one selling domain names), maybe they just do not realize that the domain they directly navigated to is for sale on that site (if they search for it); instead they conclude it is already in use
-people don't know how to use the search function to find the domain they want

If I get around to changing the landers to Spanish who knows what might happen to the offer rate. The landers state offers must be in USD but I have received two five-figure offers recently - one from Colombia where the exchange rate is ~3000 to 1 and the other from Brazil where the rate is ~3 to 1. I suspect neither offer is really a five-figure USD offer.

•••
I'm not sure you understood my question.

I asked why do you think a single lander for each domain is better than one lander for all

thanks

•••
As I said, I can only guess why there are more inbound offers with individual landers versus redirects to a portfolio site. With redirects to a portfolio site, I would get occasional inquiries but they were relatively infrequent. About two months ago I started changing the nameservers on a large number of domains to individual EFTY landing pages. In the last six weeks I have seen a considerable increase in inbound offers - 13 separate individuals submitting offers on twelve separate domains through those EFTY landing pages. However, nearly half are under $50 so I need to set up filters to eliminate what I view as spam offers.

•••
I would say it depends on who your customers are (end users vs resellers) and whether the existence of other .tv domains showing close the one they are interested in is advantageous to them or a nuisance.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back