Domain Empire

advice Web domain sales & Bank issues

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all,
Our previous company will be soon dissolved, I'm now the sole owner of the portfolio and I'm working to move the business in a more favorable jurisdiction.
I'm evaluating few possibilities and I'm travelling in these places to learn more about their tax systems, strategic advantages, cost of life etc ...

Well, let's do it easier. I've just started to visit few banks while looking for the right ones where opening the future corporate accounts and they're obviously asking for more info about my activity.
They seems to understand what 'web domains' are but they need more documentation about them and even when we'll get wires not coming from Sedo (they release us enough docs to proof the origin of funds).

I'm now starting to plan my new marketplace to show to future banks and to the tax agents where I'll decide to open the company but apart adding there my domain portfolio, I'd like to link to as much material as possible related to laws and articles which define better web domains as virtual assets etc ...
Any additional info on how doing my job easier, will be highly appreciated.

Now let's talk of Escrow.com
Every time I'll close a big deal through them (priced at $50k/+), I'll create a purchase agreement but that's not enough because some banks wants to know more about this company and I can't just tell them to visit their website, things doesn't work in this way with these guys.
In the past I was able to find on the Escrow website a reference number to the specific gov authorization they got in two diff. US states but now I'm unable to retrieve these details.
May anyone address me to a page where the bank will find a proof they're an authorized escrow service ?

Things were much easier when our mother company was in Switzerland while I see there're tons of issues out of there.

US residents will not probably experience these issues while I'd like to have a feedback from people living in other countries with my same problem.

And what showing to a bank when I'll sell a domain through GoDaddy/Afternic to explain them what was exactly the role of the company in the sale ?
Many banks are not very friendly with their clients it seems.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back