IT.COM

Weapons, Ammunition, Guns Domain Names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JamesCrew

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

Hope I am posting it in the right section here.

Couple of days ago I thought of a great domain name and I was near to purchasing it using Godaddy's $2 coupon code but I never finished the checkout process as this question came right inside my head:

Are guns, ammunition, weapons related domains good to invest in terns of:

1. finding potential buyers---easily
2. buying power of the industry
3. how big the industry is?
4. do these business prefer 'domains' as an asset or don't care at all?

Would appreciate if someone here who has experience in selling such domains could share their thoughts.

Cheers,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah hold more average monthly searches then most of them in this category. One of the top semi automatic keyword phrases.
Wish you all the best with this great domain!

•••
I have some ammo related domains like bulkammo.net and ammunition.deals. I've been looking for potential buyers, and there are ALOT of online retailers in the ammo space alone. People spend good money on these guns & ammo, so I don't see why good domains in this space...

I have a couple as well and wish I could find more ammo related affiliate programs. The one big issue I have with the ones I've found is that their ammo tends to be overpriced. I also wish they paid for recurring sales from the customers you send them (at least for a couple of months...)

...People spend good money on these guns & ammo, so I don't see why good domains in this space shouldn't sell for decent money.

My personal opinion is that most LGS (local gun stores) owners don't really understand, appreciate or are openminded enough to be able to understand the added value of targeted (pun intended) domain(s). And the big boys -- Cabelas, Bass, Dicks, etc... -- feel they won't get a significant increase in sales or traffic from these domains. They are focused solely on driving traffic through their brand name.

Last edited:
•••
I see the industry in the beginning of a major shift as to who sells and makes money from firearms.
I'm just not sure if I like the result if it continues.
You can't know who it is profiting. Not like a local shop. But I did invest in the future not the past...
3DGunModel(s)
iGunAuction(s) - 7yrs old hand regs
GunAuction.mobi

As you can see, I think it's all going online, profits wise (with plenty of exception)

•••
Was thinking of picking a few more of these up recently.

•••
I've had a few of these kinds of names over the years.

Never had good luck with them.

•••
i only have one
AmmoTherapy (.com)

•••
I've got 2

biggergun.com
hardgun.com

Are these weapons names? :)

•••
...My personal opinion is that most LGS (local gun stores) owners don't really understand, appreciate or are open minded enough to be able to understand the added value of targeted (pun intended) domain(s)...

I'm quoting myself here because since I posted this in August I've been contacted by 3 different parties (all end users) about 3 different "gun" dn's. I replied with what I thought were pretty reasonable prices but 2 never replied and the 3rd replied in a rather nasty fashion. You'd think these people never heard of negotiating.

i only have one AmmoTherapy (.com)
Ha-ha-ha... This would be a great domain for an ammo reloaders site. I know a lot of these guys find it therapeutic.

Last edited:
•••
I see the industry in the beginning of a major shift as to who sells and makes money from firearms.
I'm just not sure if I like the result if it continues.
You can't know who it is profiting. Not like a local shop. But I did invest in the future not the past...
3DGunModel(s)
iGunAuction(s) - 7yrs old hand regs
GunAuction.mobi

As you can see, I think it's all going online, profits wise (with plenty of exception)

Yeah, the industry looks like it may be headed for some changes - right along with the rest of the retail industry as a whole.

Add to this that we now have "Mr Yuge©" large and in charge - which might result in some changes to gun laws - and I think it's going to be interesting to see how things play out in the industry moving forward.

Last edited:
•••
It looks as if TheGunCrisis.com dropped today, and it's still available.

•••
•••
Howabout

GunPoints.com

My only one.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Here are my attempts at gun domains (.coms):

FirearmsMarketplace
GetAGunLicense
AmmunitionMarket
AmmunitionWorld
AmmoBlog

What do you guys think?

•••
StraitShooter.com
TookAim.com
ArmorTanks.com
ArmoryBox.com
AmmoCloset.com

•••
look there are some domains which should not be used as they dont bring business. personally i feel weapons is not a good domain name

•••
Agree, "weapons" seems far inferior to specific product items. And I am sorry to see TheWeaponShop.com parked, not used to refer to the A.E. Van Vogt science fiction story.

•••
I believe you should not do any advertising on your web site

•••
I have quite a few pretty strong domains (at least in my mind :xf.wink:) in this niche but so far no one has wanted to pay more than low to mid $xxx for any of them.

33S - I think #'s 1, 3, 4, & 5 could have potential.

Lee Latner - Though endusers will likely be tough to find, your #'s 4 & 5 might have potential. Even then, I wouldn't expect very much for them.

For anyone considering this niche - Set your expectations loooooow and you might not be disappointed in your returns. Just make sure your domain choices are strong and don't hold for too long.

Disclaimer - The preceding are the opinions of a delusional fool. Do not take these opinions as fact.

Last edited:
•••
I've got GunsGurus.com for sale

•••
HandgunRepair dot com.. registered since 1998.

•••
HandgunRepair dot com.. registered since 1998.
I like!

I think it would be a killer domain if the firearms wasn't such a fragmented industry -- primarily a few rather large gun manufacturers supplying a handful of large retailers and ton of small local gun stores (LGS). Most gun repairs and moifications are done by the individual manufacturers if under warranty with all the rest being done at home or by independent gunsmiths and those smiths employed by the LGS's.

Most gunsmiths are too small and thrifty (cheap!) to to pay what this domain is worth. If someone could find a way to scale gun repair so that it was reliable, dependable, efficient, timely and cost effective, this domain would definitely earn you a nice chunk of money.

GL!

•••
I like!

I think it would be a killer domain if the firearms wasn't such a fragmented industry -- primarily a few rather large gun manufacturers supplying a handful of large retailers and ton of small local gun stores (LGS). Most gun repairs and moifications are done by the individual manufacturers if under warranty with all the rest being done at home or by independent gunsmiths and those smiths employed by the LGS's.

Most gunsmiths are too small and thrifty (cheap!) to to pay what this domain is worth. If someone could find a way to scale gun repair so that it was reliable, dependable, efficient, timely and cost effective, this domain would definitely earn you a nice chunk of money.

GL!

Thanks for your note. I appreciate your thoughts.

Although I haven't spent much time on the name, I have done a couple of quick Google searches. There seem to be a few Handgun repair businesses out there, but they do seem small, and probably wouldn't have much of a budget for marketing. Having said that, I also like the name, and don't mind taking a gamble on finding a buyer in the future. I certainly wouldn't be looking to get rich on it.. low $xxxx and it's gone!

•••
I have TacticalArms and TacticalWeapons but only in the .US ext.. they are straight to the point though and every other major tld is taken.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back