Domain Empire

Was just offered $500 for a domain via email

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A company emailed me about a week ago asking for a price on a domain I own. Not knowing how to respond, I asked them to make an offer. They replied a few minutes ago with a $500 US offer. This domain (ex: someword.com) will be used as an alternative to a domain they have already purchased (ex: some-word.com) to sell a product.

This will be my first major domain sale. How should I go about this sale? Should I reply with a larger amount and see how much I can squeeze out of the buyer? Or would that scare them off seeing as they already have a domain ready to use? Please lend some advice!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No I don't know for sure...I only told you and two others the domain name. Seeing as they were using aplus.net for their domain services, I doubt it would be someone from NP. Though, it could have been pure coincidence.

•••
That is odd :-/ Just wait if you get a reply back from them in your response to their inquiry.
If they don´t respond at all anymore it´s most likely the company in question was behind it.

Don´t contact them let them contact you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back