Dynadot

Warning: New Flippa setting will expose your first and last name

NameSilo
Watch
I rarely use Fllippa anymore and decided to sign in and look around.

After failing to get into my account, it made me merge it to a business account before I was able to access my account. I don't even know what a business account is, but this was the only way I could get into my account.

Now, a few days later I noticed that my old archived Flippa domain listings that were under MyUserName are now all under my real First Last name.

Can you imagine if tomorrow you logged onto NamePros and your username was changed to your first and last name?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can you imagine if tomorrow you logged onto NamePros and your username was changed to your first and last name?
That would be really REALLY badO_o

•••
Is there anyway to avoid this?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Yes, that would be great!

•••
Yes, that would be great!

Some of us don't want our first and last names showing up in a Google search next to domains like DickPills and GangBang

•••
I just tried logging into my Flippa account - what a pain! Actually never got the old account merged in with the "new" one as I ended up in a continuous "change password" loop. They must be losing business big time. Trying to re-brand themselves as premier business/website resellers only ... all I can say is good luck to them - they won't be seeing any of my business ever again.

•••
This thread needs more attention as I only noticed this a few days ago on my account. Absolute breach of privacy to make such a change without explicit authorization.

•••
I rarely use Fllippa anymore and decided to sign in and look around.

After failing to get into my account, it made me merge it to a business account before I was able to access my account. I don't even know what a business account is, but this was the only way I could get into my account.

Now, a few days later I noticed that my old archived Flippa domain listings that were under MyUserName are now all under my real First Last name.

I just logged in and see the same thing. It doesn’t make sense to have the businesses’ contact person listed as the seller. I guess it’s fine for individual accounts, but not a business. Does Flippa not know that some businesses have more than one employee? I can only assume this means that Flippa is only one person now. That reminds me, I was going to buy a new iPhone from Tim Cook today.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back