IT.COM

advice Wanting to contact makers of a movie

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JeffreyL

Established Member
Impact
I have an exact match domain of a movie that is in development. I can find the directors name and company "Lone Entertainment" but not sure who it would be best to talk to (decision maker)... any ideas who would be the best person to communicate with?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are they using Lone/Entertainment.com?

•••
find the top head of the production company, start there.

•••
I'd suggest looping in the WHOIS email. Hence why I asked the above question. (find their IT guy)

•••
I'd suggest looping in the WHOIS email. Hence why I asked the above question. (find their IT guy)

It is a good last resort to go to. The question is... are they just the IT guy or actually the decision maker who controls the purse strings to make a $$$ decision.

•••
are they just the IT guy or actually the decision maker who controls the purse strings to make a $$$ decision.

In my experience, the decision maker likes to consult with their IT guy about the purchase. IT guy usually forwards the email to decision maker to gage their interest. If anything, CC'ing the IT guy and addressing the email to the director is a smart way to go.

•••
The other thing I would say, look up the company on LinkedIn.... see who shows up and you can message them there.

•••
•••
The other thing I would say, look up the company on LinkedIn.... see who shows up and you can message them there.

Yes, good idea. I did look at LinkdIn but my account does not allow email contact... so I need to up my account :)

Thanks everyone for the input.

•••

Yes, whois has to be a good place start... in conjunction with any other contacts I can find. Big thanks, fo the input... most appreciated.

•••
I have an exact match domain of a movie that is in development. I can find the directors name and company "Lone Entertainment" but not sure who it would be best to talk to (decision maker)... any ideas who would be the best person to communicate with?
Sorry but you're probably wasting your time. Unless you plan to sell your name 'cheap', a production company is not likely to spend big bucks on a domain name for a movie that 'may' last in the theaters for 4-5 weeks. As the promo time for a movie will end then, they will just opt for a variation with either 'The' in the front, or 'movie' on the end, or something similar. There is just not an ongoing need for a domain once the movie is pulled from theaters. In fact most movie production companies, unless they are a long term one like Lionsgate or Miramax etc, usually are only together for the movie they make. But, I guess there is no harm in trying, as long as you know you're fighting the odds. GL.

•••
Might be a tough sell. LoneStarENT doesn't appear to own any .com's of their movie(s).

HugeDomains has TheBlackStiletto.com with a bin of $1500

The company does own 3 versions of their .com -

upload_2017-6-27_21-13-26.png

Best of luck!

•••
Thanks, Grilled & Hawkeye. All good feedback. Plus the movie is being created as it was a "New York Times bestselling"... so the author is also a prospective buyer. Thanks again for taking the time to offer feedback.

•••
If they intend on acquiring the domain, you'll likely get a much bigger offer by letting them come to you.

If they don't intend on acquiring the domain, you either won't be able to convince them otherwise, or they'll just make a very small offer IMO.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back