IT.COM

question How to find latest registered TLD of a domain name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
Is there anyway I would be able to find the latest registered tld for a particular keyword/domain name.

I am following up with a particular domain name, many of its domainname.tld are owned by a company.
Recently there are 3 more tld's registered (total 150+).
I just want to know what tld were they so that I can see if it was registered by them and they are forwarded to their main .com or by any chance someone else or an investor bought those new dn.tld's.

Is there anyway I can find which are those 3 new tld's registered for that name/keyword? Is there any tool?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Solution
dotDB offers a tool named Domain Monitor that can assist you in tracking the latest registered TLDs for specific keywords. Additionally, its Trends feature also reveals the latest registered TLDs for keywords.
Is there anyway I can find which are those 3 new tld's registered for that name/keyword? Is there any tool?

If you can extract a list of all the TLDs registered, have you considered using a bulk WHOIS service (such as DomainIQ) and sorting the results by WHOIS creation date?

DomainIQ might not return all creation dates depending on the registry, which may require you manually checking the TLDs DomainIQ doesn't return results for.

There might be a more efficient way to achieve what you're looking for, but if you're in a bind and really need the data, the above will do the trick with lots of mouse clicks!

•••
Upvote 0
There's a list published by all of the registries, you sign up and you can download the lists of all domains registered. I found it on Google.

•••
Upvote 0
There's a list published by all of the registries, you sign up and you can download the lists of all domains registered. I found it on Google.
ICANN's CZDS? It only covers the gTLDs at the moment and a full day's gTLD zone files download is about 7GB. The registries have to approve the request for access. These are zone files and include the nameservers and other data. What the CZDS does not include is are the ccTLDs. Parsing the zone files to extract the domain names is easy enough as they have a standard format.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Upvote 0
dotDB offers a tool named Domain Monitor that can assist you in tracking the latest registered TLDs for specific keywords. Additionally, its Trends feature also reveals the latest registered TLDs for keywords.

•••
Upvote 0
Solution
That seems to be a good resource 👍

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back