Domain Empire

.com vrvr. com - SOLD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
vrvr. com just sold for $40,000 on namejet

There was a bidding war between 2 bidders for over an hour all the way from $15k to $40k.

wow!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I own icvr.com . It is exactly the same abbreviation of International Conference on Virtual Reality icvr.org.

•••
•••
•••
I just googled and found this: vrvr.pro
and this vrvr.nyc

•••
Congrats for good sale of 4L.com domain.

•••
at least 10 times more then normal end-user would pay for it. But what can you do.

•••
opinions are great.. they keep threads going.
but let's not fool ourselves.. whether your vr yaysayer or vr naysayer, our words here will have exactly zero impact on whether one day VR becomes a revolutionary tech and one of the best investment niches of domaining ever... or... something less than that... there are certain advantages to realizing this... cheers all, and merry investing!

•••
My one and only LLLL name having VR is BVRL.com
Best Virtual Reality Lens
Best Virtual Reality Laboratory
Best Virtual Reality Labs
Best Virtual Reality Links

•••
Congrats on the sale regardless if the buyer has more money then brains or not. Fact is a sale is a sale and profit is in your bank account and that is all that really matters.

•••
•••
•••
A sizzling month for VR so far!!!
I just checked Nambio:

Domain Price Date Venue
18vr.com 10,001 USD 2017-04-06 Sedo

ok forgive me.. but I'm really confused (which is a good thign cause it may mean too many VR sales I read lately lol)

so 18vr.com sold for 10k.. and you sold what for how much? cause someone recently said something about selling vr domain with 18 in it.. for like 5k.

•••
who was the high bidder, chinese buyers?

•••
•••
Crazy Gamblers can buy anything !:xf.confused:

•••
Fantastic sale (y)

When I first saw this, my first thought was '$40,000 how? :xf.eek:' But after a minute or 2 reflecting - 1) It’s an unforgettable name 2) rolls off the tongue nicely and 3) the perfect name to build a brand around in the Virtual Reality or Vacation Rentals industry (2 monster industries with money).

And with a similar sounding slogan "We are who we are!" ))

•••
•••
And just like that, my portfolio of VR names goes up in value.. again. I love this business.
First pays for rarity, this is a domainer to domainer type bid, it really doesn't change the market from a end user perspective, they are going to pay what they can afford to pay. Domainers are paying more than end users lately anyways so it really doesn't matter. Chinese are all about patterns, next time a chip hater throws a V in your face, throw this comp in their face.

•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ohhhh maaannnnn....
please can i have more advice...
You are fountain of knowledge...
The more you tell me, the smarter i'm becoming...
Will you record me a 4 hour video so i can become smarter like you...

•••
•••
VR is the perfect technology for entertainment, education, healthcare, travel
I have Virtual.Holiday I think it span the dot and nice fit.
vrvr.com nice sale so early in the timeline of vr

•••
For those who aren't used to selling names in this range or working with a branding agency then this purchase seems exorbitant. But believe me at $40K- it is not. There is tremendous upside for the buyer in a name like this that can triple as Virtual Reality, Vacation Rentals, or Chinese vanity name. Those criticizing the sale have a myopic view on the power of short, catchy and memorable brands. VR and VR aren't random letters. They mean something with good flow and great branding aesthetics. You can't introduce the ill fated CHIP market as a comparative point to marginalize a booming niche that stems far beyond the control of domainers. 2 people saw value in a great name and they duked it out- seller of VRVR.com is happy and the buyer is happy.

There are plenty of VR names that have sold to end-users and I have accounted for a few of those. Unlike the silly CHIP niche (which I didn't buy a single domain in) there is a plethora of end user usage of VR+Keywords VR+LL VR+NN Keyword+VR etc etc etc. This isn't some domainer driven hype like the CHIP market which I cautioned about on the forum. The forces and signals are external to our industry and why people are taking a closer look and taking it seriously. I'm not just a VR domain investor. I've gone to meetups and conferences, I've talked to some industry heads, and the investment in there and the desire to enter the space is there and they will all need a great VR name.

Folks can call it hype all they want but I'm a full time domainer and have been doing this since 2003 (full time since 2012) and I invest a lot of time into research. You can call it hype when I say it if you want but spend some weeks reading some white papers and reports from Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, IDC, Digi-Capital etc. One can not dismiss facts and numbers as being hype. Did VRVR.com not sell for $40K? Did 18VR.com not sell for $10K? You'd call me crazy at what I and others have turned down so far. VR and AR will be the biggest investment opportunity in the tech industry as a whole and the domain industry that we've seen in a very long time.

And lastly, I'm not sure why "hype" is so pejorative. Look at Tesla and all the "hype" surrounding them. Isn't it smart business to capitalize on bullish upward outlook aka "hype"? Should people go out and invest in industries/niches/domains that have no "hype"?

#HypeMan

#KeepTheConversationGoing

Its hype. Like 3d tv was. Now no one uses it. In few years vr is forgotten, there is some other hype and you will be there to hype it up.

Vrvr.com $40k is idiotic, what can you say more?

•••
hype can be nagative too
no? :)
maybe? yes?

a little?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back