Dynadot

.com vrvr. com - SOLD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
vrvr. com just sold for $40,000 on namejet

There was a bidding war between 2 bidders for over an hour all the way from $15k to $40k.

wow!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A sizzling month for VR so far!!!
I just checked Nambio:

Domain Price Date Venue
18vr.com 10,001 USD 2017-04-06 Sedo

Last edited:
•••
The only time you can outbid "first" in a namejet auction is...if he has too pee longer than 4 minutes

•••
and they said v was no good with 4L lol

•••
And just like that, my portfolio of VR names goes up in value.. again. I love this business.

•••
The winner was "first". There are some discussions on the forum about this person/business. It's a legit sale from a very serious buyer.

First is Group from China.

They bid on behalf of their investor in china.

They are almost present in each and every good auction going on at NJ.

Same group also bid on Dropcatch under alias First/First1

Thanks

•••
I have the following 4L.coms:

LVRG (Leverage)
HVRG
UNVR (Universe? Undo VR? University VR?)
ELVR
VRBK (VR Based Knowledge)
DVRN (Digital VR Network)
OVRF
NUVR (New VR)
BVRW (Best of VR World, Business VR World)
FVRS (Fun/Fan VR Systems, FaVoRS)
PVRL (Public/Private VR Library/Learning)

•••
For those who aren't used to selling names in this range or working with a branding agency then this purchase seems exorbitant. But believe me at $40K- it is not. There is tremendous upside for the buyer in a name like this that can triple as Virtual Reality, Vacation Rentals, or Chinese vanity name. Those criticizing the sale have a myopic view on the power of short, catchy and memorable brands. VR and VR aren't random letters. They mean something with good flow and great branding aesthetics. You can't introduce the ill fated CHIP market as a comparative point to marginalize a booming niche that stems far beyond the control of domainers. 2 people saw value in a great name and they duked it out- seller of VRVR.com is happy and the buyer is happy.

There are plenty of VR names that have sold to end-users and I have accounted for a few of those. Unlike the silly CHIP niche (which I didn't buy a single domain in) there is a plethora of end user usage of VR+Keywords VR+LL VR+NN Keyword+VR etc etc etc. This isn't some domainer driven hype like the CHIP market which I cautioned about on the forum. The forces and signals are external to our industry and why people are taking a closer look and taking it seriously. I'm not just a VR domain investor. I've gone to meetups and conferences, I've talked to some industry heads, and the investment in there and the desire to enter the space is there and they will all need a great VR name.

Folks can call it hype all they want but I'm a full time domainer and have been doing this since 2003 (full time since 2012) and I invest a lot of time into research. You can call it hype when I say it if you want but spend some weeks reading some white papers and reports from Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, IDC, Digi-Capital etc. One can not dismiss facts and numbers as being hype. Did VRVR.com not sell for $40K? Did 18VR.com not sell for $10K? You'd call me crazy at what I and others have turned down so far. VR and AR will be the biggest investment opportunity in the tech industry as a whole and the domain industry that we've seen in a very long time.

And lastly, I'm not sure why "hype" is so pejorative. Look at Tesla and all the "hype" surrounding them. Isn't it smart business to capitalize on bullish upward outlook aka "hype"? Should people go out and invest in industries/niches/domains that have no "hype"?

#HypeMan

#KeepTheConversationGoing

Last edited:
•••
For those who aren't used to selling names in this range or working with a branding agency then this purchase seems exorbitant. But believe me at $40K- it is not. There is tremendous upside for the buyer in a name like this that can triple as Virtual Reality, Vacation Rentals, or Chinese vanity name. Those criticizing the sale have a myopic view on the power of short, catchy and memorable brands. VR and VR aren't random letters. They mean something with good flow and great branding aesthetics. You can't introduce the ill fated CHIP market as a comparative point to marginalize a booming niche that stems far beyond the control of domainers. 2 people saw value in a great name and they duked it out- seller of VRVR.com is happy and the buyer is happy.

There are plenty of VR names that have sold to end-users and I have accounted for a few of those. Unlike the silly CHIP niche (which I didn't buy a single domain in) there is a plethora of end user usage of VR+Keywords VR+LL VR+NN Keyword+VR etc etc etc. This isn't some domainer driven hype like the CHIP market which I cautioned about on the forum. The forces and signals are external to our industry and why people are taking a closer look and taking it seriously. I'm not just a VR domain investor. I've gone to meetups and conferences, I've talked to some industry heads, and the investment in there and the desire to enter the space is there and they will all need a great VR name.

Folks can call it hype all they want but I'm a full time domainer and have been doing this since 2003 (full time since 2012) and I invest a lot of time into research. You can call it hype when I say it if you want but spend some weeks reading some white papers and reports from Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, IDC, Digi-Capital etc. One can not dismiss facts and numbers as being hype. Did VRVR.com not sell for $40K? Did 18VR.com not sell for $10K? You'd call me crazy at what I and others have turned down so far. VR and AR will be the biggest investment opportunity in the tech industry as a whole and the domain industry that we've seen in a very long time.

And lastly, I'm not sure why "hype" is so pejorative. Look at Tesla and all the "hype" surrounding them. Isn't it smart business to capitalize on bullish upward outlook aka "hype"? Should people go out and invest in industries/niches/domains that have no "hype"?

#HypeMan

Very well said brother.

I hear what you mean.

I really appreciate your point of view.

We should have open eyes, brain and thoughts to move forward in life.

If there is cloud and we argue Sun does not exist is not right way to think in life.

I sold few names in VR with good profit margin. Yes I also hold 5-7 good VR names. I do not need any kind of hype to do what I do in life. I have my own little study to back my investment and I completely understand every investment involves risk and there is no guaranteed return. We need to work hard, work smart to do something good in life. I do not want to be sarcastic here with anyone. But the kind of language some people used in this thread does not get us anywhere. Feel little pity to those people who believe sun does not exist because cloud is there.

But I agree with you brother and I really appreciate your thought. Your hard work, smart work, your luck, and your sales history has back up to your thought which makes more sense than some people show complete ignorance to this niche.

Again let me clarify my stand here so I do not be counted in category of so called "Creator of hype" . I do own hundreds of names. I only own 5-7 VR names. I sold 10+ VR names in past for good profit. I am already doing good in my life without Domaining as well as VR domains inside my portfolio because my holding is only 5-7 names. So in short I do not need to create any hype here to sell what I have. Hahahha

We need to appreciate something if it is good. Better understanding will add some positive value to our life. Ignorance will never get us anywere except running inside the circle.

Again I respect everyone's point of view. Every individual have their own point of view and I do respect that. No sarcasm. No pointing finger at anyone. Just representing my point of view with my own little understanding. I just want to be a good student of what I do in life.

Thanks

•••
First pays for rarity, this is a domainer to domainer type bid, it really doesn't change the market from a end user perspective, they are going to pay what they can afford to pay. Domainers are paying more than end users lately anyways so it really doesn't matter. Chinese are all about patterns, next time a chip hater throws a V in your face, throw this comp in their face.

I doubt this was purchased for $40k based purely on being a rare pattern. VFVF.com only sold for $2k in February of this year. Other ABAB patterns for less than $10k this year as well. Enduser or not - future tech names (the good ones) are increasing in value. This purchase (among others) only solidifies that further.

And they can throw all the V's in my face they'd like to. ;) I'll buy the good ones all day.

•••
They said the same thing about 3G, 4K tv, trends come, and go, most domainers are to stupid to capitalize into the hype, and think that some messiah will appear and turn the world into some VR kingdom.
VR is quite a bit different than 3G, 4K TV's, LED, and most other trends. Virtual Reality and/or the idea of it has been around for almost a century. With or without domain names being involved - it is a technology that we will all see come to mainstream fruition. I believe it is a tech that will be around for a very long time - if not continue to expand exponentially.

but don't think fortune 500 is going to be knocking down your door trying to buy enterprisevr.net. Just warn newbies to be smart
Many domains people own, are just generalizations, they are not actual brands, or what will become brands.
I agree with this fully. There are a lot of pigeon shit domains (in any niche) - there always has been and there always will be. Just because a niche takes off - doesn't mean every domain in that niche becomes valuable.

From my point of view, there has been so much hype about everything lately that even the real niches, like VR, are being placed into the same hype bucket. When in fact, Virtual Reality is one of the few future tech niches that are around to stay.

Last edited:
•••
One has to be cautious about sales that 'just' happen like this.

... in news from a week from now the winning bidder does not pay the $40k bill and it goes back to a lesser publicized auction selling for $5k - $10k.

The winner was "first". There are some discussions on the forum about this person/business. It's a legit sale from a very serious buyer.

Last edited:
•••
Virtual Reality is trending for sure, but your buyer is not samsung, it is first, a domainer, same as if VRBB.com, and VBRR.com would sell on the forum, the VR names are much more in the crosshairs as virtual reality is trending. It takes 2 heavyweights to go at it, and VRVR got that today, the seller who is a domainer benefited greatly with the bidding war.

We can argue the semantics all we want here. But facts remain a large VR sale occurred. It's going to get industry press and it will likely influence investors one way or another like most sizable transactions tend to do in our industry. People discussing a notable sale is not hype. You may not like the way "First" invested their money in VRVR.com but it is dismissive to allude to their investment methods as "uneducated" just because you don't see vrvr.com as being a $40,000 domain name. Real money for a great, short, VR name did exchange hands.

It is everyone's goal in the stock markets or domain market to identify trends and take advantage of them before it becomes price prohibitive and to eventually capitalize. In any market there are signals we wait for. You probably focus your investment in certain niches because over the years you've received signals from the market that this is a good investment. There is money to be made here. VR is in a very very early stage and for those of us who invested early... every sale is a signal as we decide how to play our hands. For those who are on the sideline waiting for more information as to whether or not enter this niche... this too can be interpreted as a signal. VR isn't some hype. This sale isn't some hype. There is no exaggeration in the sales price of VRVR.com or the $120 Billion dollar industry that VR and AR are expected to be.

I've made it a policy of mine in not posting offers I've received but only sales and I'll just say this... the "VR" is just getting started! ;)

#HypeMan

Last edited:
•••
•••
first is a group of chinese buyers who pool their money to buy domains from what I remember, maybe others can weigh in.

These guys bid like crazy, usually it is a bidding war between first first1 or second.

They can go sell it to some dollar store widget manufacturer in China.

•••
The only time you can outbid "first" in a namejet auction is...if he has too pee longer than 4 minutes

I'm pretty sure he has bottle next to his comptuer desk.

and its probably in the 4L size range too.

•••
•••
Ohhhh maaannnnn....
please can i have more advice...
You are fountain of knowledge...
The more you tell me, the smarter i'm becoming...
Will you record me a 4 hour video so i can become smarter like you...

You can be as sarcastic as you like. I'm not here to be a smart ass or a know it all. Why don't you share some of your wisdom? You've been around. People are looking for information, I can provide one side, why not provide the other? I'm not here to convince anyone but to share. You can engage in the conversation and add to it or not but comments like you just made adds zero value. Every one seems to be looking for a "forum fight" when I keep stressing that this is a conversation that others can benefit from.

take care

Last edited:
•••
VR is the next computing platform (in my opinion and in the opinion of a hell of a lot more intelligent people than me).

However, no one can tell the future, we can only make educated predictive guesses based on past and current trends, if people want to be pessimistic or even just conservative, that's up to them. End of the day all domaining is a risk.

I've made my choice, I've bought my investments and I'm happy with my risk. We'll see how this plays out.

Last edited:
•••
I wish I bought some nice VR domains early... :whistle:

No but seriously, I wish I picked up a bunch more 4L's containing VR. I only have two. :xf.frown:

Last edited:
•••
ok forgive me.. but I'm really confused (which is a good thign cause it may mean too many VR sales I read lately lol)

so 18vr.com sold for 10k.. and you sold what for how much? cause someone recently said something about selling vr domain with 18 in it.. for like 5k.

Yes. I had 2 sells.

I sold 18VR.com for $10,001.

I also sold a VR+NN.com for $5288 (as in NN representing numbers) When I first posted it I posted "VRNN.com" so some people though it was VRNN all letters but it's VR+Numbers.com. Buyer wanted to stay private but it's not too hard to figure out what the name was only a 100 possibilities.

•••
Another domain that will remain undeveloped, like most of the 4L domains that just stay parked and get ping-ponged from one seller to the other.
To be honest, I am surprised that these things to that high since no one ever do anything on them.

•••
It's easy to pick out the comments from people who don't even use VR. Any regular user of VR already knows for a fact it's no fad and is indeed revolutionary tech.

•••
•••
One has to be cautious about sales that 'just' happen like this.

... in news from a week from now the winning bidder does not pay the $40k bill and it goes back to a lesser publicized auction selling for $5k - $10k.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back