Dynadot

.com vrvr. com - SOLD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
vrvr. com just sold for $40,000 on namejet

There was a bidding war between 2 bidders for over an hour all the way from $15k to $40k.

wow!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
VR is the perfect technology for entertainment, education, healthcare, travel, retail, shopping, gaming, TV/Movies, dating, gambling and so much more...

When the top fortune 500 companies are investing in this technology it's only a matter of time before it becomes mainstream within the next 10years IMO (y)

There is still opportunities to purchase a few quality VR domains for low $xxx while they are still affordable or sit on the sidelines???

index.co/market/virtual-reality/investments
telegraph.co.uk/virtual-reality

VR Tour.JPG

•••
Congrats for good sale of 4L.com domain.

•••
I was expecting under $25k but there is high jump with perfection. Congr8s Buyer for this purchase.

•••
at least 10 times more then normal end-user would pay for it. But what can you do.

•••
Vasectomy reversal is big business.

•••
For those who aren't used to selling names in this range or working with a branding agency then this purchase seems exorbitant. But believe me at $40K- it is not. There is tremendous upside for the buyer in a name like this that can triple as Virtual Reality, Vacation Rentals, or Chinese vanity name. Those criticizing the sale have a myopic view on the power of short, catchy and memorable brands. VR and VR aren't random letters. They mean something with good flow and great branding aesthetics. You can't introduce the ill fated CHIP market as a comparative point to marginalize a booming niche that stems far beyond the control of domainers. 2 people saw value in a great name and they duked it out- seller of VRVR.com is happy and the buyer is happy.

There are plenty of VR names that have sold to end-users and I have accounted for a few of those. Unlike the silly CHIP niche (which I didn't buy a single domain in) there is a plethora of end user usage of VR+Keywords VR+LL VR+NN Keyword+VR etc etc etc. This isn't some domainer driven hype like the CHIP market which I cautioned about on the forum. The forces and signals are external to our industry and why people are taking a closer look and taking it seriously. I'm not just a VR domain investor. I've gone to meetups and conferences, I've talked to some industry heads, and the investment in there and the desire to enter the space is there and they will all need a great VR name.

Folks can call it hype all they want but I'm a full time domainer and have been doing this since 2003 (full time since 2012) and I invest a lot of time into research. You can call it hype when I say it if you want but spend some weeks reading some white papers and reports from Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, IDC, Digi-Capital etc. One can not dismiss facts and numbers as being hype. Did VRVR.com not sell for $40K? Did 18VR.com not sell for $10K? You'd call me crazy at what I and others have turned down so far. VR and AR will be the biggest investment opportunity in the tech industry as a whole and the domain industry that we've seen in a very long time.

And lastly, I'm not sure why "hype" is so pejorative. Look at Tesla and all the "hype" surrounding them. Isn't it smart business to capitalize on bullish upward outlook aka "hype"? Should people go out and invest in industries/niches/domains that have no "hype"?

#HypeMan

#KeepTheConversationGoing

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ohhhh maaannnnn....
please can i have more advice...
You are fountain of knowledge...
The more you tell me, the smarter i'm becoming...
Will you record me a 4 hour video so i can become smarter like you...

•••
opinions are great.. they keep threads going.
but let's not fool ourselves.. whether your vr yaysayer or vr naysayer, our words here will have exactly zero impact on whether one day VR becomes a revolutionary tech and one of the best investment niches of domaining ever... or... something less than that... there are certain advantages to realizing this... cheers all, and merry investing!

•••
Ohhhh maaannnnn....
please can i have more advice...
You are fountain of knowledge...
The more you tell me, the smarter i'm becoming...
Will you record me a 4 hour video so i can become smarter like you...

You can be as sarcastic as you like. I'm not here to be a smart ass or a know it all. Why don't you share some of your wisdom? You've been around. People are looking for information, I can provide one side, why not provide the other? I'm not here to convince anyone but to share. You can engage in the conversation and add to it or not but comments like you just made adds zero value. Every one seems to be looking for a "forum fight" when I keep stressing that this is a conversation that others can benefit from.

take care

Last edited:
•••
•••
VR is the perfect technology for entertainment, education, healthcare, travel
I have Virtual.Holiday I think it span the dot and nice fit.
vrvr.com nice sale so early in the timeline of vr

•••
For those who aren't used to selling names in this range or working with a branding agency then this purchase seems exorbitant. But believe me at $40K- it is not. There is tremendous upside for the buyer in a name like this that can triple as Virtual Reality, Vacation Rentals, or Chinese vanity name. Those criticizing the sale have a myopic view on the power of short, catchy and memorable brands. VR and VR aren't random letters. They mean something with good flow and great branding aesthetics. You can't introduce the ill fated CHIP market as a comparative point to marginalize a booming niche that stems far beyond the control of domainers. 2 people saw value in a great name and they duked it out- seller of VRVR.com is happy and the buyer is happy.

There are plenty of VR names that have sold to end-users and I have accounted for a few of those. Unlike the silly CHIP niche (which I didn't buy a single domain in) there is a plethora of end user usage of VR+Keywords VR+LL VR+NN Keyword+VR etc etc etc. This isn't some domainer driven hype like the CHIP market which I cautioned about on the forum. The forces and signals are external to our industry and why people are taking a closer look and taking it seriously. I'm not just a VR domain investor. I've gone to meetups and conferences, I've talked to some industry heads, and the investment in there and the desire to enter the space is there and they will all need a great VR name.

Folks can call it hype all they want but I'm a full time domainer and have been doing this since 2003 (full time since 2012) and I invest a lot of time into research. You can call it hype when I say it if you want but spend some weeks reading some white papers and reports from Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, IDC, Digi-Capital etc. One can not dismiss facts and numbers as being hype. Did VRVR.com not sell for $40K? Did 18VR.com not sell for $10K? You'd call me crazy at what I and others have turned down so far. VR and AR will be the biggest investment opportunity in the tech industry as a whole and the domain industry that we've seen in a very long time.

And lastly, I'm not sure why "hype" is so pejorative. Look at Tesla and all the "hype" surrounding them. Isn't it smart business to capitalize on bullish upward outlook aka "hype"? Should people go out and invest in industries/niches/domains that have no "hype"?

#HypeMan

Its hype. Like 3d tv was. Now no one uses it. In few years vr is forgotten, there is some other hype and you will be there to hype it up.

Vrvr.com $40k is idiotic, what can you say more?

•••

#HypeMan

Very well said brother.

I hear what you mean.

I really appreciate your point of view.

We should have open eyes, brain and thoughts to move forward in life.

If there is cloud and we argue Sun does not exist is not right way to think in life.

I sold few names in VR with good profit margin. Yes I also hold 5-7 good VR names. I do not need any kind of hype to do what I do in life. I have my own little study to back my investment and I completely understand every investment involves risk and there is no guaranteed return. We need to work hard, work smart to do something good in life. I do not want to be sarcastic here with anyone. But the kind of language some people used in this thread does not get us anywhere. Feel little pity to those people who believe sun does not exist because cloud is there.

But I agree with you brother and I really appreciate your thought. Your hard work, smart work, your luck, and your sales history has back up to your thought which makes more sense than some people show complete ignorance to this niche.

Again let me clarify my stand here so I do not be counted in category of so called "Creator of hype" . I do own hundreds of names. I only own 5-7 VR names. I sold 10+ VR names in past for good profit. I am already doing good in my life without Domaining as well as VR domains inside my portfolio because my holding is only 5-7 names. So in short I do not need to create any hype here to sell what I have. Hahahha

We need to appreciate something if it is good. Better understanding will add some positive value to our life. Ignorance will never get us anywere except running inside the circle.

Again I respect everyone's point of view. Every individual have their own point of view and I do respect that. No sarcasm. No pointing finger at anyone. Just representing my point of view with my own little understanding. I just want to be a good student of what I do in life.

Thanks

•••
hype can be nagative too
no? :)
maybe? yes?

a little?

Last edited:
•••
It's easy to pick out the comments from people who don't even use VR. Any regular user of VR already knows for a fact it's no fad and is indeed revolutionary tech.

•••
It's not about VR, it's about the brand. VRVR reeks of shtick (yes that's harsh) and it's not going to win any marketing awards. There are so many better options and the money is going to go elsewhere (for less).

Carry on proving how wrong I am about this.

Last edited:
•••
anyone know what vrvr could mean in chinese?

i also love VR technology but not vr domains

in my opinion, vr is going to take off in 5 to 10 years...long way to go...

again in my opinion, i really believe vr will be called something else and some big company like Apple or Amazon or Google or maybe a new player will decide this.

i maybe wrong, but i am usually right

Last edited:
•••
anyone know what vrvr could mean in chinese?

i also love VR technology but not vr domains

in my opinion, vr is going to take off in 5 to 10 years...long way to go...

again in my opinion, i really believe vr will be called something else and some big company like Apple or Amazon or Google or maybe a new player will decide this.

i maybe wrong, but i am usually right

who knows.. maybe one day we all wakeup and suddenly the well aged currently 6 figure domain called VRgames.com suddenly is worth 0$ .. and is replaced by KJgames.com ... the new standard for virtual reality and its domains ... and the new 6 figure domain...

I mean.. you know.. stuff happens. keep mind open man.

•••
VR is the next computing platform (in my opinion and in the opinion of a hell of a lot more intelligent people than me).

However, no one can tell the future, we can only make educated predictive guesses based on past and current trends, if people want to be pessimistic or even just conservative, that's up to them. End of the day all domaining is a risk.

I've made my choice, I've bought my investments and I'm happy with my risk. We'll see how this plays out.

Last edited:
•••
I wish I bought some nice VR domains early... :whistle:

No but seriously, I wish I picked up a bunch more 4L's containing VR. I only have two. :xf.frown:

And what about 5L with V? is it invited to this party?:whistle::xf.grin:

First is Group from China.

They bid on behalf of their investor in china.

They are almost present in each and every good auction going on at NJ.

Same group also bid on Dropcatch under alias First/First1

Thanks

and how do you know this Tera? you know the bidders for sure from China? Too bad domainers can't figured out thee actual info on these middlemen bidders. sure would be nice to pitch to them our domains especially if they are bidding on behalf of Chinese investors.

Last edited:
•••
It's easy to pick out the comments from people who don't even use VR. Any regular user of VR already knows for a fact it's no fad and is indeed revolutionary tech.

Hear hear!

My first experience of VR was the HTC Vive last June at my brother in laws when I had no idea the tech was even available and to say I was blown away is an understatement.

Like with anything it has to be experienced before it can be truly understood. A lifetimes experience is worth nothing if you are not willing to change with the times.

•••
•••
Its hype. Like 3d tv was. Now no one uses it. In few years vr is forgotten, there is some other hype and you will be there to hype it up.

Vrvr.com $40k is idiotic, what can you say more?

VR is about content, moreso than 3D because now you have enterprise level authoring tools in the hands of well...anyone. The game has completely changed.

•••
I need to get a good vr headset to see what all this vr hype is all about
I can't see anything out of this Google cardboard thingy

VRVR.com is a great sale for VR even better if it gets developed one day.
and might even turn out a cheap buy but will have a better idea if I get this cardboard to work

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back