Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We actually have been blocking semalt and most of those stupid bots that are showing inflated numbers for months now. But this is weird. Some of these are not passing the referrer like the other ones. I'm wondering if they are getting smarter or something. We will look into it.

Donny

Donny - What do they use the bots for?

•••
Take the http:// and slash off.

in your best opinion, is it true or false that direct ads or zeroclcik parking can and almot certainly will get your domain faillisted?

•••
So semalt is a SEO company, they claim to be "analyzing" your domains because you asked them to. They have always been easy to find because they always have a referring url, they pass a referring url so people will see it and go to their site. Then hopefully buy their awesome piece of crap. :)

The bots are fairly sophisticated because they do load javascript and accept cookies as well. And we don't count anybody being a visitor unless they actually load the ads. So not only are we not stopping this new wave but neither is upstream provider.

We currently don't offer zero click mostly because I don't like the fake virus and flash sites, but I'm not sure how they really could get you faillisted. I guess it's possible, but I'm not really sure how, unless one of the zero click companies is sending your traffic to one of their domains, which I wouldn't doubt sometimes.

Donny

•••
After digging into the latest blitz of traffic it's definitely semalt or one of their groups. I will see if we can stop it tomorrow. It just started yesterday, they only affect hits as they never do a search or click on any ads.

But I think I may see something that will allow us to drop at least 75% of the traffic initially and then possibly a little more afterwards. We should be able to put them in tomorrow sometime.

Donny

•••
i noticed that parking crew filters work so well that I practically get no more traffic there at all. the filters are tricky litle creatures.. easy to underdo it, easy to overdo it.. it seems.

Last edited:
•••
Blocking semalt with current settings should not be hard.
They use handful of domains and their IPs are from Brazil.
Ban the names and use harsher filters for Brazil traffic.

•••
These are passing the referrer as the domain they are hitting. So you can't block them based on referrer or IP like we have always been able to. semalt must be getting smarter.

And it's not just Brazil, that's what a lot of people think, but there a lot more countries than Brazil that you may be getting traffic from. And it's hard to get aggressive with filters when Brazil is normally a very good country for revenue.

I think I have a way to block it, just need to verify with some of my programmers tomorrow.

Donny

•••
it's not just Brazil. It's a non-referrer traffic from all over the world, which I get on all my domains. Started 1-2 days ago as Donny said.
upload_2015-12-10_4-4-11.png

•••
i wonder what this does to zero click trafic or revenue.. hmm.

•••
I definitely wouldn't want to be a zero click provider. But I will say that usually zero click providers have some crazy javascript to detect bots. Also I've seen some zero click providers who will only pay for 1 ip per 24 hours, so no matter how many domains an ip gets only one person will get credit for it.

Donny

•••
The top spam countries in order, and there are a lot more.
Brazil
Italy
Portugal
Mexico
Spain
US
India
Argentina
Phillipines

Donny

•••
The craziest thing, we came up with what we thought was a good plan this morning. We made the change, looked at the number by 10 minute period since the beginning of the day. And they had stopped 3 hours before. So at least on our system around 6am PST they basically just stopped sending us traffic. Could they possibly come back tomorrow maybe, but we did implement the changes in our system already just in case.

Donny

•••
teguh123 - PM me the domains, because China is turned on based on the customer.

Donny

Hallo,
I tried to sign up in Voodoo.com but this sign keeps on appearing;
''Please Fix The Error(s) Below''.Even though there is no Error with my information.
What should i do?please can you send me a link where i can successfully sign up to Voodoo.com?
I wanted to park my 56 domains there for i have heard that is the right place to park domains.
Thanks in advance.

•••
We have had 20 people signup today. Maybe try again. And if it still doesn't work, which I know it does, take a screenshot of all of your information and send it to me.

Donny

•••
We have had 20 people signup today. Maybe try again. And if it still doesn't work, which I know it does, take a screenshot of all of your information and send it to me.

Donny

Hallo,
Thanks alot for the Info,seems i got some luck this time.I got this msg after finishing signing up;
''Thank you for your signing up with Voodoo.com. We will process your application shortly''.
If i do not get any confirmation through my e-mail address,i will get back to you later.

•••

Donny

Good Morning,
As i said here yesterday,i signed up successfully BUT i haven't received any confirmation e-mail from Voodoo.
Whenever i try to log in with yesterday's signed up details,i get a msg that my login in details are not recognizable!
I think my hope in Voodoo is wearing out.

So my Sign up details are;
Name:Arienne
Last name: Braun
company:Private
Address:Schleistrasse 20.
City:Brunswick
Province:Lower Saxony
Postal code: 38100
Phone: +49-15125936686
E-mail: [email protected]
Username:Mercedes4diamond
Password:Mydomains56
Nu.of domains:56

(List atleast 10 domains)
Whisky.la

14x5.com

Gouut.com

Krov.org

Androidphonegame.com

Et25.com

Simpfo.com

Skategate.com

transactions.xyz

vivahx.com

Twoandahalf.men

I will then change my password later after getting the voodoo profile, thank you in advance!

•••
Oh sorry,company should be private

•••
I'm not sure what you are thinking, but please remove the information above. Your account has been approved, but that's not even the information you used to sign up with.

Donny

•••
Merry Xmas every body!

Seem, last year payment soon on Dec 25.

•••
I'll let you know today if payments will be going out early. But I'm going to assume they will probably go out today/tomorrow.

And Merry Christmas to you as well.

Donny

•••
•••
•••
bakintek - Happy New Year to you as well!

Donny

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back