Domain Empire
NameSilo
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
VisionEdger - I responded via PM.

As far as us being down, our servers are in Dallas, I heard there was some fiber cut in Texas somewhere and it affected some traffic coming in from certain routes. Based on our overall numbers we aren't seeing that it affected traffic.

Donny

•••
The Armadillos are hungry for cables...yum yum yum

VisionEdger - I responded via PM.

As far as us being down, our servers are in Dallas, I heard there was some fiber cut in Texas somewhere and it affected some traffic coming in from certain routes. Based on our overall numbers we aren't seeing that it affected traffic.

Donny

•••
Never thought about that one, most fiber in the US is along railroad tracks, which is kind of funny. But every year when deer hunting season opens, somebody shoots fiber somewhere. I remember a few years ago, when an entire data center went down because all of their fiber got shot by "some hillbilly who missed bambi."

•••
Never thought about that one, most fiber in the US is along railroad tracks, which is kind of funny. But every year when deer hunting season opens, somebody shoots fiber somewhere. I remember a few years ago, when an entire data center went down because all of their fiber got shot by "some hillbilly who missed bambi."

Well obviously there must be a point to doing domain parking otherwise why would all you do it right? I just dont understand what would it matter if I had thousands of domains or just a handful if I can't:

Send Traffic From PPC
Promote the websites
Linkbuild
Or basically have any highvolume impressions

I have tried pretty much everything I can give you a example of real quality traffic.

UFC Events is a good example of traffic spikes.

The same 8000 or so people accross many places in the USA and Canada watch it online. If you rank first page for Watch free stream ufc your bound to get thousands of hits that day of the event. Then it tapers off as expected in the evening to nothing the next day or so.

The internet behaves mostly like this.

However I am sure you would do the same thing as sedo named and parking and pretty much every other domaining club I tried and thats ban the traffic and quote a reason.

Its not generated like most search traffic.

Unfortunately there isn't enough real traffic to go around and search engines themselves clone the data and spew it out with other search referrers with thousands of dollars worth of equipment.

Obviously you couldn't employ 11 thousand google employees on whats really there in search advertising click through there just has to be other means of creating the traffic source.

But everyone will swear up and down that there traffic is legit 199 seems to be arpa machine that can do any ip but maybe I am wrong.

Anyone else want to interject?

:sold::tu:

•••
Hi Guys,
A little of topic, but i wanted to say that i mage my first $0.40 ever with voodoo. And only my first domain propagated the dns change.
Don's laugh. Obviously this is nothing but as my first passive money made online it's a cool feeling:)
It will only get better from here.
Will keep you posted

•••
•••
•••
Donny, i was a parked customer but away from the business from a couple of years and just saw voodoo. I checked to see if my email was in the database and clicked the "forgot login" link, the email was recognized but i didn´t get the recover email yet. Any problems on the system?
Thanks

•••
Grevan - Welcome back. For security reasons, it doesn't matter what email address you put in, we accept it. :) Send me a PM with your email address and I'll see if you have an account with us. If not, you will just need to create one.

Donny

•••
Hello Donny,
when will be the payments sent for this Dec 2012 earnings.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Payments will either be going out tomorrow or Thursday. We just got paid this morning. So the process has started.

Donny

•••
Yes Payment now Received from Voodoo.
Thank You Donny.

•••
Do we have a choice when we are paid? Not sure of the payment system as yet?

•••
Just set your Minimum Payout: $ real high and you wont get paid until you want too. (by dropping the Minimum Payout later)

>My Account>Payment Settings>Billing

You will still have to wait for the next payment cycle after you drop the minimum

Last edited:
•••
Just set your Minimum Payout: $ real high and you wont get paid until you want too. (by dropping the Minimum Payout later)

>My Account>Payment Settings>Billing

You will still have to wait for the next payment cycle after you drop the minimum

thx alot!
---------------
Just curious can anyone say why RPM is dropping ? Is this google lowering payout? Getting WAYYYY lower rpm than i did a week ago on same domains.

•••
The visitors could be from another continent which doesn't pay so well.

•••
Donny,
Real time revenue reporting is only feature that I really want and need to be in Voodoo like bodis in 2013 ..just for clean domains :)

•••
vbigdeli - The reason we don't report real time revenue, is that it's only an estimate. I have learned from my previous life that 95% of our complaints were, why did you tell me that I was going to make $1.00, but when the numbers finalized, I only made $0.25? It got really tiring after a while. That's why we had given people the option to turn off estimates.

Today, I only show final numbers. Sure, some people want to know what "pending" means, but once they understand it makes sense. The companies who do show you live real time stats, are basically just estimating. I will always pay you exactly what you have earned.

Donny

•••
vbigdeli - The reason we don't report real time revenue, is that it's only an estimate. I have learned from my previous life that 95% of our complaints were, why did you tell me that I was going to make $1.00, but when the numbers finalized, I only made $0.25? It got really tiring after a while. That's why we had given people the option to turn off estimates.

Today, I only show final numbers. Sure, some people want to know what "pending" means, but once they understand it makes sense. The companies who do show you live real time stats, are basically just estimating. I will always pay you exactly what you have earned.

Donny

Donny,
I am not talking about "estimates" ;
I am referring to 30 mins delayed "finalized" earnings report,a great feature that already added to Bodis reporting system.
They also have Revenue per click for each country :)

Regards,
Vahid

Last edited:
•••
Donny,
I am not talking about "estimates" ;
I am referring to 30 mins delayed "finalized" earnings report,a great feature that already added to Bodis system.
They also have Revenue per click for each country :)

Regards,
Vahid

What Donny is trying to tell you is that he doesn't tell us what we earned until he knows what we earned.

As soon as he gets the final numbers, we get the final numbers.

•••
How is PayPal done? Is it PayPal money, so there are no fees?

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Made $20 in one week :D

•••
•••
How is PayPal done? Is it PayPal money, so there are no fees?

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Made $20 in one week :D

Did neighbours and relatives have a share in that?! :)

•••
does Voodoo allow Adult names to parked as well?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back