Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting, we are in a new location...

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
ParkerDomains - As I told the other person all payments have been sent out. If you haven't gotten paid, and you think you should have, send in a ticket to our system and somebody will look into it.

Donny

•••
ParkerDomains - As I told the other person all payments have been sent out. If you haven't gotten paid, and you think you should have, send in a ticket to our system and somebody will look into it.
Donny

hi Donny.

just wanted to report a bug in your system. I added some domains 24h ago, 3 of which were in conflict. they went into conflict folder for an hour. then disappreared from there without resolution. so I added again an hour ago.. and again they went into conflict folder, then got deleted without resolution a 2nd time.

is this a known bug you can fix? cause from the looks of it myself or many other clients may have added domains before which were in conflict and your system instead of resolving them (I know you talked about magical resolutions here), seems to just deleted them instead. and the domains never go to a parked page for a client.

thanks.

Last edited:
•••
We do a whois verification on the domains, if the whois on the domains match the whois that matched the previous account, we delete the conflict. If not it stays in conflict in our system. In your case our whois parser got blocked by your registrar for doing too many queries and the response they gave us showed basically an invalid whois.

When you sent the first ticket in this morning, one of my account managers manually moved the domains in your account, he had responded to you but didn't say he had moved the domains into your account. He moved them at 4:30am PST and responded to you at 4:38am PST.

So there really wasn't a bug, just that he didn't tell you that he moved them to your account.

Donny

•••
We do a whois verification on the domains, if the whois on the domains match the whois that matched the previous account, we delete the conflict. If not it stays in conflict in our system. In your case our whois parser got blocked by your registrar for doing too many queries and the response they gave us showed basically an invalid whois.

When you sent the first ticket in this morning, one of my account managers manually moved the domains in your account, he had responded to you but didn't say he had moved the domains into your account. He moved them at 4:30am PST and responded to you at 4:38am PST.

So there really wasn't a bug, just that he didn't tell you that he moved them to your account.

Donny

thanks, but looks like the problem is deeper than you think and it'll need to be looked at by you.

your conflict domain resoltuion setup appears buggy.

I'll describe sityuation best I can:

just tried adding my whole porotfolio using add domains, it showed no conflicts if I did that.

then I created 2nd folder, called it VR.
used the move domains option.
entered my entire portofolio to move again.
into VR folder.

it then told me 5 of my domains from my whole list could not be moved because they were not found in my account.

and those 5 happened to be again ones that are in conflict.

so then after this I went to do add domains for only those 5, and it created proper conflict case for them. now pending resolve.

moral of story: when I added whole portooflio using add domains, those 5 were never picked up as conflict. only by some buggy mysterious process of moving domains, which I discovered by chance casue I wanted to create some folders for my domains today.. did I discover some of my domains were never picked up by your system.

I presume those domains wuold never enter my account using the regular add domain process/cofnlict resolution had it not been for the move domains trick I came across.

thanks for looking it up.

•••
Not a bug, I'll respond to your PM.

Donny

•••
sorry, I don't beleive you understood the problem. tanks anyway.

•••
I do know how the domain conflict system works like the back of my hand. But I decided to talk with one of my programmers who handles the adding of all domains to verify my findings. He reminded me that we log everything that you send to us especially when adding a domain. So that verified what I was seeing as well.

You gave me an example that you added all of the domains to your account, then moved all of the domains to another folder, but 3 of them failed. Makes perfect sense, those 3 domains couldn't be moved, because they weren't in your account. The first one you sent on the screenshot was in conflict, when you tried to move it. So it wouldn't move. Since then our system auto-resolved the domain once it was able to verify the whois information.

The other two domains you hadn't ever added to your account, I just looked at the logs of when you added the domains and neither of them is in the list you sent to us. Both of them are in the list you sent me in a PM, but not in the list that you submitted to us. Not sure why, but they aren't in there.

But if you add the 2 domains to your account, they will show up once our system verifies the whois information.

I'm not trying to show any disrespect, we have had bugs in our code, everybody has bugs at some point in time. I just don't think this is one of those times.

Donny

•••
thanks for taking time. my main concern was:

when I go use the add domains option, and input my entire portofolio there, should your system not pickup the ones that are in conflict within this portofolio and start working on resolving those conflictS? yet I did not see that happen. and after add domains for my whole list, nothing went into conflict section.

and yet, when I accidentally did some moving around today, using move domains command, and again inputting my entire porotoflio to move, I was told some domains canot be moved.. cause they are not in account. it is only then and there that I was able to see the actual list of conflicting domains. and only then copy paste them into ADD DOMAINS. and then they seemed to be recogonized as conflict, and resoluton of conflict began.

but it did not occur first time, when I used add domains on my whole portofolio.

I am sorrry if I am misunderatnsding somehting. however, from where I am sitting it appears like some sort of a bug.

thanks for helping me.

p.s. when I talk about not seeing them in conflict section.. I meant the MAGIC FOLDER/CONFLICTS screen.

Last edited:
•••
If you drop say 100 domains, we will check them all right now to see if we can add them to your account and tell you what was added, what was already in your account or what is in conflict. But if you add a lot more than 100, I don't remember the number off the top of my head, we only tell you what is in conflict after we add all of the domains to your account, which may be up to 30 minutes later. And we would tell you the information in the email that we send you.

We do this purely for speed reasons.

Donny

•••
If you drop say 100 domains, we will check them all right now to see if we can add them to your account and tell you what was added, what was already in your account or what is in conflict. But if you add a lot more than 100, I don't remember the number off the top of my head, we only tell you what is in conflict after we add all of the domains to your account, which may be up to 30 minutes later. And we would tell you the information in the email that we send you.

We do this purely for speed reasons.

Donny

I see. so there are some things I was not aware of on your end. functionalirty wise.

so to make long story short.. are you saying that if I add right now from scratch (add domains option) my entire porotfolio of say 500 domains, and hyphoteically, 20 of them are in conflict... then after 30 mins or 5 hours or 1 day or however your system is setup to do it timewise, all my conflicts will eventually resolve on their own and get picked up by your system on that first add domains run of my whole portofolio?

cause this is exactly what I didn't feel was happening to me.. and I was seeing nothing in the conflicts section, and discovering conflicted domains through some detours like move domains option etc. thanks!!

•••
Let's use an example, you have 4 domains. a.com, b.com, c.com, and d.com. You add all of them to your account.

a.com is not in any other account so we immediately tell you it's been added to your account, but technically you can't modify the domain for about 5 minutes, it takes about 5 minutes for all of our servers to get updated on a new add domain.

b.com is in another account, and shows up as a conflict. Our domain conflict system runs every 15 minutes and we do a whois on the domain and compare the email address on the admin contact to the email on your account. In this case they whois admin contact and the email contact on your account match. We delete the domain from the previous account. Then between 5 and 15 minutes later the process the add domain process runs and the domain is now in your account.

c.com is in another account, and shows up as a conflict. Our domain conflict system runs every 15 minutes and we do a whois on the domain and compare the email address on the admin contact to the email on your account. In this case they whois admin contact and the email contact on the account do not match and the whois admin contact matches the account email in the current account, not yours. We delete the conflict from your account as you are not the owner of the domain based on whois.

d.com is in another account, and shows up as a conflict. Our domain conflict system runs every 15 minutes and we do a whois on the domain and compare the email address on the admin contact to the email on your account. In this case they whois admin contact and the email contact on your account do not match, but it also doesn't match the current account email either. In this case the domain goes into a manual verification process. When this happens we are doing a best guess to determine who owns the domain and who doesn't. In this case, it is usually best to contact us and let us know that the conflict exists and we will work with you to determine the best way to show that you are the owner of the domain. Once we can verify that you are the owner, we say you are the rightful owner, the domain is deleted from the old account and in 5 to 15 minutes the domain is added to your account.

I think that pretty much sums up all of the available options.

Donny

•••
How to got paid via Payoneer, Donny?

•••
Fill out your payment information with the information payoneer provides. It's pretty simple.

Donny

•••
Just an FYI, the voodoo.com website is currently down, but all customers websites are still up and running like normal.

Donny

•••
Sorry, I didn't update this yesterday. It was back up within 30 minutes.

Donny

•••
Anyone got final earning update last month on 12th this month?

•••
Based on our upstream provider changing one of their reports, going forward our final numbers will be later than normal now. We are still waiting for them like the other problems do as well.

Donny

•••
when wil it update earning, could it before finalize earning at the end of month?

•••
Once we get the final numbers. It better be before the end of the month. :)

Donny

•••
no update earing this month.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back