Dynadot

discuss Virus Recession - Has your position changed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Virus Recession - Has your position recently changed?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    40.5%
  • No

votes
    42.9%
  • Maybe

votes
    16.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Coronavirus and the recession that is in play is not new talk. There has been talk about it for a few months now. Some people, early on, were pointing to a pandemic and severe recession, while others carried on without much thought on it. Many thought it would just wither away.

Changes are happening fast. Very fast. Pro sports is in limbo. Movie production sets are cancelled. Kids sports marked off the calendars. Store shelves empty. Vacations crossed off. Everything disrupted.

Has your position changed? Is the virus more severe than you first imagined? Is the economy at risk for a severe collapse? Are our domain investments losing more ground as the markets plunge?

It seems at this particular time there is no safe haven, economically. Gold, stocks, crypto and real estate all seem to be hit. The usual 'store of value' during recessions is not playing out as expected. Could domains be that magic 'store if value' so desperately needed?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's exaggerated. Every winter risky people routinely die for flu. What is new in this year? How many people died for flu this year? 100x, 1,000x, 10,000x, 100,000x ?

•••
It's exaggerated. Every winter risky people routinely die for flu. What is new in this year? How many people died for flu this year? 100x, 1,000x, 10,000x, 100,000x ?

what is new is this:

1) you have a mild flu
2) you meet someone ..
he gets it from you..
... and dies

•••
They do not shut down entire country's and or borders because of the Flu I think that is something new .

•••
The more paranoid the better the specials will be. The sky is falling the sky is falling. Sucks for sales really nobody will want to spend money so fewer buyers perhaps.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Not even with AIDS did this happen.

Make your own conclusions

AIDS Timeline

August 28 / 1981 :

Of the 108 cases reported to date, 107 are male, 40% of all patients have already died.

December 10 / 1981

there is a cumulative total of 337 reported cases of individuals with severe immune deficiency in the United States—321 adults/adolescents and 16 children under age 13. Of those cases, 130 are already dead by December 31.

May 25 / 1982

1,450 cases of AIDS have been reported and 558 of those individuals have died.

December 1985

December 1, there have been 217 reported cases of AIDS among children under age 13, and 60% of them have died by the time of publication.

--

•••
Panic is something that happens when you don't prepare. Until we get trustworthy numbers and a real gauge of the situation, being prepared for a worst case scenario will prevent panic.

•••
People will lose their jobs.
I just lost mine ...
https://www.namepros.com/threads/th...-stopped-working-because-of-covid-19.1181063/

But I've been telling people for a month now that the global economy is going to become a huge mess .. not so much because of direct effects of the virus, but because of the economic effects of preventative measures.

It also didn't help that the markets were super-over-inflated and over-valued. A very noticeable portion of the market crash was going to happen sooner than later anyways. The world had a small recession and correction on the horizon. But when combined with Covid-19 and it's a very bad combination. The situation is bad .. but the visuals are devastating .. so people panic when they don't need to (coming from a guy who just lost his job .. lol).

The key is to avoid what's going on in Italy .. it's gotten extremely bad there. The key is avoiding "communal spread" in your region. It's wise to do action before that happens, because once it does .. it's essentially too late.

Part of the issue is the information from the Chinese government was wrong from the beginning. I am not sure the numbers and related information, from the Chinese government, can be trusted as accurate.
It's honestly just guessing either way. But it's hard to compare western countries to China because Chinese have no relative freedoms. Which means that a government imposed quarantine is vastly more effective under a rigid communist regime with a very strong security. The rest of the world could never be anything nearly as effective when it comes to quarantine and prevention.

•••
Recommend to stay home if possible, as I am going to self-isolate after travel.

No one was prepared for this...shattered disbelief! A real eye opener for me, but for some, business as usual.

Last edited:
•••
Now is Time To buy up .COMS high end to Premium to 1-Words......

If You Got a Few Millions+ Liquid IMO...

Just Sweep Them Up Like Greedy Wallsteet Hedgefund like no tomorrow....

•••
Coronavirus lockdown solution works ? ...I do not think so.

Besides that you are going to destroy absolutely the entire economy..which is unsustainable..What do you think is going to happen when you open the country again?....from the moment that nobody has a scientific answer that this is the solution why the hell you take it.

So, there is two possible theaters.

1 - We have a coronavirus problem.

2 - We have a coronavirus problem, the mother of all economic crises and shortage.

•••
what is new is this:

1) you have a mild flu
2) you meet someone ..
he gets it from you..
... and dies

Is it really new? I don't think so. Risky people (people with weak immune system) have always died exactly the way you say.
I really can't see a difference. Number of people who died for this virus is also not too high to get alarmed in this level.

People died for flu / Total number of people.
What is the change in this ratio? I believe there is little to no change.

For instance, China has over 1 billion people, Europe is around half billion. Thousands of people who have died so far may sound too many but those numbers are very very small portion in the World population even in China or Europe population. I bet 10 x more people routinely die in accidents.

Also if risky people don't die for flu, they routinely die for another reason which rarely kills normal persons. So risky people tend to die in one way or another. That's why they are risky.

•••
I believe this fake flu crisis will be used by governments to explain a bad thing that is coming.
It's likely a new global financial crisis.
Governments will refuse their mistakes and will explain financial crisis by this flu. So they pump flu news daily with media power, are trying to say how dangerous, how life threatening it is. They successfully hide mortality power comparison of this flu with previous flue types and nobody seems like noticed the theater that is played Globally.

Something bad is coming. It's likely a new financial crisis.
We can not see what is really happening, and what is really approaching us in the brownout of this fake flu alarm. Markets are down, oil price has dropped in a record level. How many people are talking about economy? So someone doesn't want us to talk about economy. Because the real danger is in economy.

Last edited:
•••
One of the big issues I have is how do things even start up again?

Right now almost everything is closed, the virus is going to persist for quite awhile.
The second you open things up again, especially with crowds, the risk grows.

Historically, often times in pandemics the second wave has been far worse than the first.

I don't think this is ending anytime soon.

Brad

•••
I don't think this is ending anytime soon.

Brad

Coronavirus will end. Deaths for corona in China is already in downward trend. If it was a real health risk, the trend in China would be upward and the things would be going worse in China. Isn't it?

I think there is a real health risk. After a while, if it is proven that coronavirus alarm is fake or unnecessarily too high, people will not believe next alarms when those alarm are real.

Right now almost everything is closed, the virus is going to persist for quite awhile.

TV news said virus can survive on its own (out of human or similar body) for 8-12 hours. It's a very fragile thing.
If it's not what you mean, then yes we have to live together with viruses. Viruses will likely be alive somewhere till forever, including coronavirus as well. For instance, scientists say global warming are exposing old viruses that have been jailed in ice since ice age. So, viruses will not extinct soon.

•••
Closing everything is to protect hospitals from high demand. Hospitals around the World are always running almost in full capacity.
Viruses will likely find everyone sooner or later. It's almost inevitable. Governments hope slowing down the virus speed in order to protect hospitals and hide how bad their policy in health. We have hospitals but their capacity is not enough when we need hospitals. This is the fact all governments try to hide from their citizens.

•••
Facts

1 - What I can say...In China everything started, now everything seems to end for China, so china will be taking advantage.

-----

2 -

Coronavirus Cases: 182,725 between Jan 22 / up to date
Deaths: 7,174
Recovered: 79,883

-----------compare with the flu

The flu has caused an estimated 34 million illnesses, 350,000 hospitalizations,

• Every year an estimated 290,000 to 650,000 people die in the world due to complications from seasonal influenza (flu) viruses.
  • This figure corresponds to 795 to 1,781 deaths per day due to the seasonal flu.

I'm sorry but I don't see why the alarm

Last edited:
•••
You know what I think China has some big problems with generating new virus strains.
What is going wrong over there and Bats get mentioned as part of the problem on multiple occasions .
At nearly 1/5 of the Worlds population and the Worlds Workshop is anyone going to be bothered asking in case they get pissed off or am I miles off the mark ? there must be a factual reason as to what is wrong in that country. So yes.

Last edited:
•••
People will have plenty of buying opportunities. This is not going away anytime soon.
Trying to call a bottom is like trying to catch a falling knife.,,

3/16/2020 forever ~3000 point Dow decline:xf.eek:

largest since 1987. Right about the falling knife

Samer

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back