Domain Empire

discuss Virus Recession - Has your position changed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Virus Recession - Has your position recently changed?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    40.5%
  • No

votes
    42.9%
  • Maybe

votes
    16.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Coronavirus and the recession that is in play is not new talk. There has been talk about it for a few months now. Some people, early on, were pointing to a pandemic and severe recession, while others carried on without much thought on it. Many thought it would just wither away.

Changes are happening fast. Very fast. Pro sports is in limbo. Movie production sets are cancelled. Kids sports marked off the calendars. Store shelves empty. Vacations crossed off. Everything disrupted.

Has your position changed? Is the virus more severe than you first imagined? Is the economy at risk for a severe collapse? Are our domain investments losing more ground as the markets plunge?

It seems at this particular time there is no safe haven, economically. Gold, stocks, crypto and real estate all seem to be hit. The usual 'store of value' during recessions is not playing out as expected. Could domains be that magic 'store if value' so desperately needed?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hope you're right, the rhetoric vocabulary he used in last night's Emergency address sounded pretty bad. I really hope people can keep their cool...

Last edited:
•••
I really hope so, the rhetoric vocabulary he used in last night's Emergency address sounded pretty bad. I really hope people can keep their cool...

this isnt Philippine invaded by ISIS (thru 2019)

Some things are worth declaring "Martial law". This isnt one, barring another 1919 Spanish flu

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I agree with you 100%, people get sick and they do recover, it's a medical emergency. Let's keep the situation in perspective, calm and collected. Educate to eradicate. Wishes and prayers go out to those presently infected, may you have a speedy recovery...afterall, we're all in this together!

I'm stepping on a plane in 1/2 hour to travel home to my family.

•••
...Wishes and prayers go out to those presently infected, may you have a speedy recovery...afterall, we're all in this together!

I'm stepping on a plane in 1/2 hour to travel home to my family.

Stay safe, my Canadian friend.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Thanks, same to you my American friend

•••
Last edited:
•••
I voted No, because I had kind of projected this to happen a few weeks ago, but not on the level it is currently going, another week of this and virtually everything will have very little value IMO , I have surpassed recession and am weighing a depression at this point

•••
Word of the week. Social Distancing

SocialDistancingPlan.com available for reg...going 3, 2, 1.....

•••
Schools shouldve been the first things closed. Are you kidding me, thats where half the things i ever got came from. hahaha. :)

•••
Mass hysteria, cats and dogs sleeping together, what next? AHHHHHH! :(

•••
I hope you're right, the rhetoric vocabulary he used in last night's Emergency address sounded pretty bad. I really hope people can keep their cool...

It seems like everything Trump says is backfiring by making the stock market and public panic even more. If he could embrace the seriousness of the epidemic and have a clear plan, work with international community, etc. it would build confidence. The US should take the lead, not be behind other nations. Plus he created a perfect storm: trade wars, tax cuts to the rich, lowered interests rates, budget cuts to the infectious disease rapid response, etc. And then in his address, he said he plans to stop all travel and imports from the EU.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, that is a major issue. When you have a booming economy interests rate are supposed to move up.
Instead they stayed artificially low. That really limits the ammunition you have now to help.

Brad

Here is the issue -

Fed to pump in more than $1 trillion in dramatic ramping up of market intervention amid coronavirus meltdown

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/12/fed...nding-expand-types-of-security-purchases.html

All that did was move the market up for a few minutes right after the news. Then less than an hour later the market was back to where it was, then closed at the lowest point of the day.

The federal government doesn't have the tools to really fix the financial side, but they have the tools to help with the health crisis side. They need to focus on that.

upload_2020-3-12_18-35-45.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
The US has really botched this -

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51860529

The US declined to use a test approved by the World Health Organization in January - instead, the CDC developed its own coronavirus test. However, there were manufacturing defects with the initial CDC tests which meant many of the results were inconclusive.

The Atlantic, which is running a project to track the number of tests being conducted, estimates about 8,000 people have been tested. Meanwhile, lawmakers who went to a briefing with health officials told Politico that fewer than 10,000 Americans had been tested.

By contrast, South Korea has tested more than 210,000 people and is testing nearly 20,000 people every day, while in the UK, more than 29,700 people have been tested, and more than 1,000 tests are being carried out per day.

So South Korea, a country with less than 1/7th the population of the US is conducting 2x more tests per day than the US has conducted in total. Absolutely ridiculous.

This is totally exposing our lack of preparation, leadership, and healthcare system in general.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
This is totally exposing our lack of preparation and leadership.

Brad

We like to do things our own way, Brad.

Metric system & only strictest safest protocols.. bet we develop the cure too

Bbc and the Atlantic? could be worse.. Thanks not citing CNN, WashPost, HuffPost, MSNBC..

Last edited:
•••
We like to do things our own way, Brad.

Metric system, only strictest safest protocols.. and bet you we develop the cure too.

Bbc and the Atlantic? could be worse.. Thank you for not citing CNN, WashPost, HuffPost, MSNBC..

The source in this case is largely irrelevant. The stats are the stats.

We are far behind the rest of the world in testing. That is not even up for debate.

Brad

•••
The source in this case is largely irrelevant. The stats are the stats.

We are far behind the rest of the world in testing. That is not even up for debate.

Brad

The stats are the stats but how you frame it.

i question the agenda of those sources.

How show cdc test might not meet us standard

Samer

Last edited:
•••
The stats are the stats but how you frame it.

i question the agenda of those sources.

Samer

Please. It is shit like this that will allow the virus to spread more easily.

There is nothing to frame. The testing in the US is pathetic.

There is a reality that is not good. Acknowledge it exists. Then work to fix it.

Brad

•••
Please. It is sh*t like this that will allow the virus to spread more easily.

There is nothing to frame. The testing in the US is pathetic.

There is a reality that is not good. Acknowledge it exists. Then work to fix it.

Brad

Recognize severity first post-modern pandemic

i just dont like to dwell on negatives. Instead of focusing on lack of tests, what about how close we are to a cure? Doesnt fit the narrative.

Corona vaccine could be ready April, Chinese officials

“Eight institutes in the country are working on five approaches to inoculations in an effort to combat COVID-19, according to the South China Morning Post.”

“According to our estimates, we are hopeful that in April some of the vaccines will enter clinical research or be of use in emergency,”

“While it would take at least 12 to 18 months to ensure the vaccines are safe for the public, under Chinese law can deployed earlier, major emergency, long as benefits outweigh risks.”

We will cure and eradicate this menace.
— maybe i’m a hopeless optimist.

Here’s my source- https://nypost.com/2020/03/10/coronavirus-vaccine-could-be-ready-by-april-chinese-officials-say/

Last edited:
•••
Also, things like this are not helping either -

Richard Engel reports that hundreds of machines that can detect for Coronavirus within one hour are in the U.S. but NOT being used in the fight of this pandemic. The company that makes the machine said it is caught up in FDA bureaucratic red tape that is preventing the rapid-test from being used in America. Many other countries are using the machines, including South Korea where nearly 200,000 people have been tested.

•••
I voted no as I 'stabilized' my investments when the market got over 18,000...to my mind there was no reason it should be that high.

So, as the market has climbed I've watched buddies make money, sometimes driving by in their 'winnings' and rightfully teasing me for not participating.

I moved into real estate on a very hands on level (finding dirt and reselling) not in stock, etc as I still had a bad feeling about just owning paper. Precious metals is another thing I've played with but that can bite you in a hurry if you are not also watching the oil markets/global markets and act accordingly.

So I will make no changes and most financial advisers would likely say to ride it out. It is going lower, much lower, at least for a while but it will come up again eventually. There will be bounces and if you are a player you can make some coin if you can spend the time.

It will pass 18,000 on its way to 15,000 or lower...not a popular prediction I know and I REALLY hope I am wrong. If I had ten grand that I didn't care about I short that puppy.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a finacial planner and my opinion does not matter. Plus, I have been known to have a cocktail from time to time...so it is probably best to ignore what I say! :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Hi

isn't it in the best interest of those who have voted against Health Care Plans or those who want to cut Medicare and those who let pharmaceutical companies overprice drugs.... to act irresponsibly to such a health crisis?

maybe they don't want American people to be in good health, to insure food is chemical free, and that air is less polluted and water is cleaner, in favor of profits for corporations

only when the threat of the voting bloc is in peril, will they act

as such, actions taken or not taken, may tip the scales for the election.

wash your hands!

imo...

•••
A Medical, financial & emotional pandemic!

Cheers
Corey

•••
The media and the politicians exaggerate, counterpart, those who are engaged in fact checking, remain silent.

By the way, there is no toilet paper in the markets, what is the relationship between the ass and the flu ??.. just panic.

•••
The media and the politicians exaggerate, counterpart, those who are engaged in fact checking, remain silent.

By the way, there is no toilet paper in the markets, what is the relationship between the ass and the flu ??.. just panic.
I dunno. Is it panicking if you stock up on TP because you see others are panicking and leaving shelves empty?...I prefer to stay ahead of the panic and not deal with empty shelves when you need it.

•••
I dunno. Is it panicking if you stock up on TP because you see others are panicking and leaving shelves empty?...I prefer to stay ahead of the panic and not deal with empty shelves when you need it.

I live in Miami, I see the panic every year for hurricane, every year my neighbors go crazy buying everything in the market, I only go for beers, pizza and hot dogs, water, etc total spend $200 ..vs the precaution of my neighbors $1000....4 to 7 days later, all is back again.

Stress kills you before the virus...BET IT!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back