NameSilo

Virtual Reality Domains (VR)

Located in Niche Domain Discussion started by mrcurly, May 12, 2014.

Replies:
Views:

1. End Game

End Game Established Member

Nice...a three worder...

Price Date Venue
    jobsinvr.com 799 USD 2018-02-18 LucidDomaims

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. dnvia

dnvia DNVIA The Origin VIP

Congrats @LucidDomains

3. gilescoley

gilescoley Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

There seems to be some good interest in VR/Holo names at the moment

I'm in negotiations with one of my VR names and if the sales completes, it will be in the 3x,xxx range. The buyer is not from a startup but an existing VR company. We have been emailing about this for about 3 weeks and he is trying to get approval for the funding. I wont be budging on the price and I'm prepared to lose the sale if I have to, there will be more buyers for this name in future.

Just sold one of my holo names for 14.5K, will reveal more soon...don't post any names on here if you think you might know, thanks

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  4. Backorder-ing.com

Backorder-ing.com WorldWideWeb VIP

5. dnvia

6. saucey

saucey Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

7. BostonDomainer

BostonDomainer Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

What are the source of these offers? email? The offers aren't unreasonable given length and keywords.Without insight on buyer(s), it would be hard to justify countering too much higher.

8. NamesBond

NamesBond Upgraded Member Blue Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I concur with @BostonDomainer... Right now demand for the long-tail "virtual reality" names is very soft - I've got some category-killing beauties, but I'm not moving the needle much above low $$$$ at this point (This said, I'm sure they will move up in 2-3 years...) For the length of your names, IMHO the offers pretty much reflect fair current value... (In other words, take the money and invest in some quality Crypto! :xf.grin:)

9. londcorp

londcorp Account Auto-Closed

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  10. londcorp

londcorp Account Auto-Closed

> 1 offer was thru GD Auctions and the other, 'VR NewYork' was direct thru the domain itself..

Thanks for the advice mates! The buyer does appear to be a 'domain collector/ re-seller' rather than a developer- so I don't think I could push the prices up any further.. ( Although I do wish 1 was a real estate agents or similar- then surely 'HomeTours' could be increased?).

But i'll likely just accept their $400 offer and use it to pay for some upcoming renewals :)

I really appreciate your input mates! Cheers!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  11. LucidDomains

LucidDomains LucidDomains.com VIP

Sold another Keyword + inVR.com for just over $300. It should hit NameBio tomorrow. (y)

12. dnvia

congrats again
    cash in your wallet
    a lot of renewals
    workinvr.com 310 USD 2018-03-01 LucidDomains.com

13. urljunky

urljunky Active Member VIP

Picked up on expiring
    VRhomesecurity
    .com
    I don't think it works for virtual reality, but Voice Recognition fits great!

14. cordoba

cordoba Active Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Nice sales. I've got Chatinvr - anyone else got 'invr' names?

15. keltron72

keltron72 Established Member

Great Thread!!! Thanks for sharing all your info, Inputs, experiences and everything else! Very much appreciated!!
    But having a portfolio of around 70+VR related domains. I'm stuck, contemplating on what to do with these domains on the verge of expiration: VRDegrees.com, VirtualRealityDegrees.com, VirtualRealityManager.com and VRRecognition.com? (The latter being my favorite, for future potential) (Although other opinions on these would be welcomed & appreciated)

But what do you think I should do with them? I have a standing offer of $100 for all 4.coms.
    Otherwise I could renew them for another year and keep them for my VR portfolio for any future offers?

But I really don't know much about the VR domain market at the moment. Any ideas? Do you think these have any likely future potential? Especially with some being pretty long.coms and with the AR term starting to dominate?

16. Katee584

Katee584 Established Member

Im not sure about the AR or VR markets either. Thinking of looking into where AR and VR will be going in relation to sports ? Maybe some major sporting events such as car racing and motorsport might use this technology if they havent already ? I might be wrong on this though.

17. urljunky

urljunky Active Member VIP

I would counter offer With mid to High $XXX I think 1-2 of these domains are worth something.

18. End Game

I like VRrecognition. I also own several VR domains similar to yours. From what I've seen on the GD auctions, most go from $150-$300. If you can, I'd wait until "ReadyPlayerOne" is released on March 29 and see if VR domain names get a bump. My thinking is, this movie will change VR forever, even though most uses in the movie are unreal...for now. http://www.readyplayeronemovie.com/

19. tupungato

tupungato timium.com VIP

20. LucidDomains

LucidDomains LucidDomains.com VIP

Sold an adult VR domain for $350 outbound, should hit namebio tomorrow hopefully. Please don't post it here. Rather not have all my sales index on NamePros. Thanks. (y)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  21. keltron72

Thanks for the valued input, especially- End Game & urljunky! (And the others who PM'd me).. However, unfortunately, at the moment, I'm not in the position to be able to keep hold of all the domains I once could. So sadly I have to pick and choose between the 'keepers' and the ones that have to be reluctantly sold or let go. But opinions do vary and there is never a correct answer- 'one mans trash is another mans gold'.. Especially in Domaining!

But as for the ones above, I do have the 2 non plural VR DEGREE.coms, both short and longtail- but they're good until 2019- so it's just the above 2 that are bugging me.. And like End Game: I agree that VRrecognition has potential- and it was my favorite of the 4- Until alcy pointed out to me in a pm that having a double RR in a VR domain isn't ideal. Which i can see now he's mentioned it. But I'd definitely like to know which 2 domains you were referring to in your comment urljunky- (pm sent aswell) Although you're welcome to comment on here.

Cheers tho everyone!! I do appreciate the input, And these domains still have a little time left (Days or hr's even : / ) So any input would still be much appreciated : )

Cheers all

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  22. techname

techname Established Member

Recently had someone interested in my VR (.Camp).
    It looks like Playstation had one of these camps in Tokyo a couple of weeks ago, so this might have spurred their interest.
    I'll keep you updated if it progresses.

23. keltron72

24. Type-In

Type-In Established Member

Just received a offer for a vr domain. And it's not a adult one this time lol. I want $450 for it.. let's see how this will go. Domain sales are not my main income stream but everything adds up in the end.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  25. End Game

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!