Dynadot

news Verisign Wants The URS To Apply To Dot-com Registrants

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Verisign, the abusive monopolist that operates the registries for dot-com and dot-net, wants to impose the Uniform Rapid Suspension (URS) policy on dot-com and dot-net registrants, which will put valuable legacy domain names at risk via a flawed dispute resolution procedure that was designed only for low stakes “throwaway” and worthless new gTLD domains.

Read the rest of this article on my blog at:

https://freespeech.com/2020/08/25/verisign-wants-the-urs-to-apply-to-dot-com-registrants/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
•••
What are you proposing George?

•••
What are you proposing George?

That folks keep on top of what's going on, and be prepared to oppose attempts to impose the URS.

•••
I am wondering if there is anything verisign or icann do (or recently did) that is/was beneficial for the registrants... It seems there is nothing, so any and all their initiatives can or should be questioned,

•••
That folks keep on top of what's going on, and be prepared to oppose attempts to impose the URS.

What folks have sucessfully opposed historically?

•••
What was the final result?

•••
"Domain name owners need to remain vigilant, to ensure their rights are protected."

If Verisign can negotiate with ICANN via backdoors to get what they want (outside of normal channels), how do domain owners seek protection?

•••
•••
I am wondering if there is anything verisign or icann do (or recently did) that is/was beneficial for the registrants...

ICANN holds three Public Meetings each calendar year.
Just visit one and you will understand...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back