advice GoDaddy guy wants to buy my 3-character dot com domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RobertoG

Established Member
Impact
What is a 3 character worth these days?
It is a number, number, letter dot com. decent numbers no 8 and the letter is K
I know the buyer wants it pretty badly, the godaddy rep called me at 8am.
and harasses me every day.
I was offered $1000, then $1500, I told them to buy a dot biz or dot whatever for $10.
they came back at $2500
do i help this guy out or continue to hoard domains till I die?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Really good question. I have the same feelings that you do about "Do I sell it, or continue to hoard names til I die".

I've been on both sides of the fence. Sometimes I stick to my gut and it works out, and othertimes I am left short and stuck holding it.

Bottom line is, if you are happy with the offer, then take it. I couldn't understand though if you said it did or did not include number 8 in the domain?

•••
I'd rather hoard the damm domain before giving it cheap, but thats me.
Was thinking the same. Somebody was selling X/R/V/.com for 18k some days back and my thought was 'is that where we have come' but maybe I live in a dream world where these domains are worth xxx,xxx or even x,xxx,xxx

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Domains have no value until it's sold 😉

•••
•••
whats it value?
Very hard to say but I would be doing a lot of research on the keyword. Chances are he knows something that you don't.

Last edited:
•••
Possible companies? t h e 8 8 k . com

88K is your taylor made business aircraft brokerage company. Our dynamic team specializes in the trading of turboprops, jets and helicopters. We provide consulting services for the acquisition and sales of any type of aircraft.

Or In the news now.

8 8 k p o t . c o m
88 K-Pot, offering all-you-can-eat Korean barbecue and hot pot, is expected to open in late February or early March 2023

Registered in 2023 / Date

88k88k.com - 23 Mar 2023
88k.live - 12 Feb 2023
88k.buzz - 2 Mar 2023
88ka.xyz - 15 Feb 2023
88ku.net - 21 Mar 2023
88kkc.com - 15 Jan 2023
88kkjj.com - 12 Mar 2023
88kg.net - 31 Jan 2023
88ksf.com - 22 Feb 2023
88k8.xyz - 21 Mar 2023
88ksw.com - 14 Feb 2023
88keo.com - 6 Mar 2023
88kb.top - 18 Mar 2023
88kkhh.com - 15 Mar 2023
88keysinc.com - 25 Mar 2023
88kim.com - 16 Jan 2023
88ku.org - 13 Feb 2023
88ku.xyz - 13 Feb 2023

Keyword: "88K" 2,089 domain names registered
https://www.whoxy.com/keyword/88k

If it were my property, I would set my sights above 5 K

•••
•••
Namebio.com has a searchable database of domain sales history. So, yes, a research tool.

Last edited:
•••
is that a research tool? i don't see an estimate link.

The captcha there is so obnoxious.

I would suggest seeing shortnames.com and filter for CCC.com

$2500 is a respectable offer imo. But without knowing the exact name it's a tough call.

•••
is that a research tool? i don't see an estimate link.

You can look for an estimate on estibot.com, GoDaddy valuation or some others.

Never that accurate though.

Namebio is a database with historical sales data. You can look up similar domains, what they sold for. It should give you an idea about the current market.

They do include expired auctions and dropcatching so there's a lot of wholesale prices included. You'll have to filter those out by applying common sense :).

You could also ask for a full appraisal here on NP. Not sure if you can access the professional appraisal section but I'm sure someone knowledgeable would chip in if you post it there. You would have to disclose the full domain though.

•••
Xrv should be about $78k - $125k. I would think.

•••
its K31 .com i just got it because its short and numbers. I have no attachment.

Last edited:
•••
Really good question. I have the same feelings that you do about "Do I sell it, or continue to hoard names til I die".

I've been on both sides of the fence. Sometimes I stick to my gut and it works out, and othertimes I am left short and stuck holding it.

Bottom line is, if you are happy with the offer, then take it. I couldn't understand though if you said it did or did not include number 8 in the domain?

•••
I'm not an expert when it comes to these more eastern oriented domains so take this with a grain of salt, but 2500 seems okay-ish purely based on similar past sales. Maybe set a 4-5k BIN and tell them to take it or leave it

Last edited:
•••
namebio says the name sold on 8/8/2020 for $1990.

•••
It is a number, number, letter dot com.

Incorrect. Yours is LNN, which in my experience fetch higher prices (on average), often from Chinese buyers.

Last edited:
•••
LNN sales price
according to Namebio:

Highest price $52k
Average price $3150
Lowest price $100

k37- $7000
k22 - $8200
k11 - $7899
k58 - $5870
k08 - $5860
https://namebio.com/?s==kzMxcjM1ADN

•••
LNN sales price
according to Namebio:

Highest price $52k
Average price $3150
Lowest price $100

k37- $7000
k22 - $8200
k11 - $7899
k58 - $5870
k08 - $5860
https://namebio.com/?s==kzMxcjM1ADN
You should only look at .com's

You should limit the time frame, just like in real estate comps, you don't go back forever if you have recent sales in the area.

The last time a LNN.com sold for under 1k was in 2012. Since then you had 20 sales, five being in the last 12 months with an average price of $4826. 4/5 sold for more than 3500.

As I said earlier, in 2020 the name sold for 1990, given the recent data, 2500 is not a fair sale. If I have what to do with the money that will make me more than holding this name, I would tell the broker 4000 and be ok with a 3500 floor. If I can afford to wait, it's a gamble, I would demand 9k and floor at 7500.

•••
•••
You should only look at .com's

You should limit the time frame, just like in real estate comps, you don't go back forever if you have recent sales in the area.

The last time a LNN.com sold for under 1k was in 2012. Since then you had 20 sales, five being in the last 12 months with an average price of $4826. 4/5 sold for more than 3500.

As I said earlier, in 2020 the name sold for 1990, given the recent data, 2500 is not a fair sale. If I have what to do with the money that will make me more than holding this name, I would tell the broker 4000 and be ok with a 3500 floor. If I can afford to wait, it's a gamble, I would demand 9k and floor at 7500.
Hi, that was just a hint. To price my domain in this case, I'd also see the recent sales, recent economy, try to find out who's the buyer and decide what price is ok for me. Mentioned domains are dot com.

•••
Hi, that was just a hint. To price my domain in this case, I'd also see the recent sales, recent economy, try to find out who's the buyer and decide what price is ok for me. Mentioned domains are dot com.
Your namebio link showed all extensions and what was the name sold for $100 ?

•••
Is there something objectively wrong with 8?

Quite the opposite in Chinese market especially, it's probably the favorite number.

•••
Back