Dynadot

Verified Accounts ... can the company be trusted?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Zombies

Established Member
Impact
Hi, I was particularly interested in an auction with DropCatch. Like a lot of dropping services, they require a verified account. Are you comfortable with giving them a copy of your sensitive Govt-issued full color photo ID with full details ? (a gold mine for a international ID thief)

I thought Namejet got the balance right with the $2500 limit before verification is required. I think NJ is more trustworthy precisely because they are not so hungry for your "fullz".

Are they trustworthy? Is there any other ID that they would find acceptable? Should your "grandma" be purchasing your domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
also, what method, if any, would they use to verify your ID is genuine?

•••
I don't trust any company with my ID. Even if they try to be as secure as possible, even big banks with much better security get hacked

•••
I don't trust any company with my ID.
I feel that. Even eBay don't ask for ID. I am tempted to give them a forklift license (has name and photo only, yet govt-issued)... or would a photoshopped version be better? :) hmmm... what do most privacy-loving domainers do?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back