IT.COM

.mobi Value of mobis with a hypen

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What do you think of the value of premium mobis with a hypen? Are they worth registering or should I pass on them?

free-games.mobi ect...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I doubt you would get much type in traffic because of the hyphen. So you would have to count on the fact that google will put .mobis at the top of the search results (when done from a mobile device). My gut feeling is they will but at the same time I only purchased one hyphen .mobi and that is p-c.mobi. I'm kinda regretting that I regged it but well see.

•••
QUOTE=MinionDH advert - mobi phone

The way I see it is that they have value in todays market in other extensions, so why not dot mobi? If it's a good name!
The main reason seems to be that it takes too many button pushes to enter a hyphen, but with phones like in the picture above, this shudn't be a problem.
GL :)

Last edited:
•••
well I just regged one hypen:
web-cams.mobi

•••
From my mobile phone it takes about 11 presses of 0 to get a hyphen, so at the moment it is not so good.
But in the future with PDAs and their qwerty keyboards, who knows...

•••
My phone requires just two presses for a hyphen, thankfully. I like the comment BloGamble made about if the hyphen works in other extensions, then it may be viable for mobi as well. I believe if you find one or two really prime keyword combinations available with hyphen, then that's a small, reasonable gamble with little downside ... so go for it.

•••
It takes more effort to brand a hyphenated name no matter what extension is used.

•••
Gentlemen,

We acquired 13 hyphenated mobi domains out of the 86 total that we bought. These are very expensive keyword-phrases and payout very handsomely.

I believed in top quality hyphenated names from day one and I registered the following as soon as the mobi landrush began. I was not willing to wait for low price general registration, so I got the following:

-----------------------------
Home-Loan.Mobi
Home-Loans.Mobi
Credit-Report.Mobi
Credit-Score.Mobi
Debt-Consolidation.Mobi
Car-Insurance.Mobi
Auto-Insurance.Mobi
Home-Insurance.Mobi
Life-Insurance.Mobi
Online-Music.Mobi
Online-Dating.Mobi
Online-Games.Mobi
Airline-Tickets.Mobi
-------------------------------

Who knows may be they will be easy to type with voice enabled software phones and will hopefully bring nice search engine traffic.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
We picked up a few aswell. Frankly, my dash, I don't give a damn. :)

PHONE-DIRECTORY.MOBI
PHONE-NUMBER.MOBI
STOCK-QUOTE.MOBI
SPORTS-BOOK.MOBI

Last edited:
•••
wow nice names! Maybe I should have made this a mobi hyphen showcase thread!

•••
texasgamer said:
wow nice names! Maybe I should have made this a mobi hyphen showcase thread!

:hehe:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back