IT.COM

advice Value of LLLLL.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wealthtaker101

Established Member
Impact
So I own about 30-40 LLLLL.com or 5L.com that Im trying to sell and wanted to know the true value of these type of domains?

Please share any opinions you may have

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Random 5L are only worth reg.fees because there are so many still avaible for registration.

5L word or derived words can have some value as brandable names. But its on a case by case basis.

•••
•••
If it is truly easy to say and remember then the chances of an end user purchasing it increase. (And I would be willing to pay more as a reseller)
Podan for example a 5L could sound like POD an, or Po Dan; it's pronounceable but has room for error or confusion. Locka is a 5L which I can't figure out a way to say it wrong and seems to me like a much better 5L than the other.

•••
I confirm what @DoumB21 said. There is no guaranteed 'floor' price like 4, 3, 2 letter domains.

However... I can drop you a tip... if your 5 letter .coms contain a full word + a prefix or suffix it has value. Depending on the 'word' and what 'industry' your word relates to, will determine the value. Example i tried to get Fluza.com (Flu + za suffix) yesterday but was out bid. Great name for a flu medicine brand.

Because 5 letters limit what words you can use because of the length, this is why they have value.. they are rare. You can only use 2, 3, and 4 letter words + a short suffix.. which is very limiting.

If you are talking about 5 letter words that just happen to be pronounceable like Zaxxy... then the value is not as guaranteed value as if it contained a known word.

Hope that helps, Cheers!

•••
•••
I confirm what @DoumB21 said. There is no guaranteed 'floor' price like 4, 3, 2 letter domains.

However... I can drop you a tip... if your 5 letter .coms contain a full word + a prefix or suffix it has value. Depending on the 'word' and what 'industry' your word relates to, will determine the value. Example i tried to get Fluza.com (Flu + za suffix) yesterday but was out bid. Great name for a flu medicine brand.

Because 5 letters limit what words you can use because of the length, this is why they have value.. they are rare. You can only use 2, 3, and 4 letter words + a short suffix.. which is very limiting.

If you are talking about 5 letter words that just happen to be pronounceable like Zaxxy... then the value is not as guaranteed value as if it contained a known word.

Hope that helps, Cheers!
Wow thanks you brought on a different perspective I didnt think of. Great advice!

•••
Most are worth around reg fee at the moment.

•••
It really depends on their quality, on whether they sound natural and nice. I would tend to disagree that having a root word in them helps, unless the suffix / prefix is very suitable.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back