NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
TheBaldOne said:
The chances are also that a conjoined domain will be far more unique...
...and therefore valuable?
*hopes*

•••
Yeap, feel free to contact me if you need further details on .my which will be opening soon for their Public Launch by end of March 2008. The specific date is not out yet. Will update once it is up. Alot of good names still available.

•••
Halobitt said:
...and therefore valuable?
*hopes*
So you don't think domain hacks are valuables? I have quiet a few of these types of domains such as:

Sc.am
Ex.am

When I first regged these domains I had offer 400% more than I paid for but I didn't let any of them go.

There is so much I can do with these hacks once develop. Let see what we can do with this domain.

Bar.ex.am
CPA.ex.am
mcse.ex.am
any.ex.am

I had an offer recently with sc.am for $1K and I still didn't let go. Now tell me you don't think any of the domains I mentioned above are valuable?

•••
I was surprised to pick up videotaping.it the other day :)

•••
Just found Hawaiian.name
and say what you will, I like it!
:wave:

•••
diplo.ma is available for registration if someone is interested.

reps would be appreciated if you register it. thanks.

For Sale - Hondur.as - $300 BIN

•••
scandiman said:
Not to mention they also own delicious.com

A hack probably has addon value to the .com, eg you could offer latenews.com and latene.ws as an extra for branding purposes and point the end user to del.icoi.us and delicious.com (just realised what a pain it is to type in del.icoi.us without being able to click it).

In such circumstances, it could be worth a percentage of the .com. If you get >10% youre already beating the .info/.orgs of the same keyword. :imho:

•••
I was surprised to find

hackeddoma.in and
hack.eddoma.in

•••
I finally managed to
secure my own name.

fictitious.name

:gn:

•••
Heres my 2 cents worth.

securityinter.net

hispeed-inter.net
jobs-inter.net
cable-inter.net
security-inter.net
wireless-inter.com

•••
What about da.mn?

I know it has gotten type-in traffic from me. :p

•••
I have surancequoutes.com which im going to subdomain into In.suranceQuotes AutoIn.suranceQuotes HealthIn.suranceQuotes.com etc... very high paying keywords which should pay for it over and over unless i get an offer i cant refuse of course :) i would say most domainers scoff at them but when i put my "end user" hat on i dont think it really matters if it's "hacked" or not IMHO

•••
•••
mplswifi said:
I have surancequoutes.com which im going to subdomain into In.suranceQuotes AutoIn.suranceQuotes HealthIn.suranceQuotes.com etc... very high paying keywords which should pay for it over and over unless i get an offer i cant refuse of course :) i would say most domainers scoff at them but when i put my "end user" hat on i dont think it really matters if it's "hacked" or not IMHO

psh, domainers scoff at anything.. Its pretty stupid to be honest, considering the developer has the power..

Domainers are just here to try and sell names -_-..

•••
•••
What do you think about this one:

isell.name

•••
I actually own 2 hacks, well, 1 semi hack

Another.biz using the tag line "just another dot biz" and the other one is SuckOn.us :)

•••
invincible55 said:
What do you think about this one:

isell.name

ISellDomain.Name would be perfect! :)

•••
Ok people, a newbie asking obvious question again for clarification - FORGIVE ME. HACK I take it is those names with . in between the words right? like who.is???? If that is correct, what on earth does HACK means really? Thanks

•••
producer007 said:
Ok people, a newbie asking obvious question again for clarification - FORGIVE ME. HACK I take it is those names with . in between the words right? like who.is???? If that is correct, what on earth does HACK means really? Thanks

You are right.

Dot in between a partial word and the domain extension is called a domain hack.

Actually the full word ends only with the extension, and that's why it is called hacking the extension. CCTLDs are introduced only to identify the country of the domain names, but people are using them to play with words.

obama - oba.ma (hacking the .ma extension)
virus - vir.us (hacking the .us extension)
blogs - blo.gs (hacking the .gs extension)
talk - ta.lk (hacking the .lk extension)

Hope this helps! :)

•••
.tv said:
You are right.

Dot in between a partial word and the domain extension is called a domain hack.

Actually the full word ends only with the extension, and that's why it is called hacking the extension. CCTLDs are introduced only to identify the country of the domain names, but people are using them to play with words.

obama - oba.ma (hacking the .ma extension)
virus - vir.us (hacking the .us extension)
blogs - blo.gs (hacking the .gs extension)
talk - ta.lk (hacking the .lk extension)

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks, I understand it much better now.

•••
I just regged..

l-losts.com
l-losting.com

Needs SEO and content to make them valuable, methinks.

•••
just put up quick site on ThievesLike.Us ...not sure where im going with that one, i was drinking :)

also check my new blog at SIGH7INGS.com ..if this 'L33t speak is considered a hack...

i love these hacked domains, some of them are just fun and hard to monetize but others have brandable web2 potential, especially if the .com has been waiting for big $ and has been parked for years.

•••
Jake said:
What about da.mn?

I know it has gotten type-in traffic from me. :p

very short n catchy~ :hehe:

•••
And what about:

pee.rs
yea.rs
fai.rs
coo.rs ... possible TM violation (?)

(RS being newest TLD available - since March/10/2008)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back