NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
htmlindex said:
I've got these 2 GEO hacks, what you you all think? Do 2 word hacks seem worth regging?

IvoryCoa.st - "Ivory Coast" has 29,000,000 Google results
MiddleEa.st - "Middle East" has 161,000,000 results
StMart.in - "St Martin" has 10,100,000 results
SaintMart.in - "Saint Martin" has 12,100,000 results
I was considering to register MiddleEa.st in last few weeks....
it's a nice one IMO.:)

•••
What are the latest domain hacks that are being sold? Are there any more mainstream hacks that are being developed?

•••
htmlindex said:
I've got these 2 GEO hacks, what you you all think? Do 2 word hacks seem worth regging?

IvoryCoa.st - "Ivory Coast" has 29,000,000 Google results
MiddleEa.st - "Middle East" has 161,000,000 results
StMart.in - "St Martin" has 10,100,000 results
SaintMart.in - "Saint Martin" has 12,100,000 results

I normally stay away from two-word hacks. However, if you could find and end user for it or have development plans, I think it would be okay.

My longest hack in my portfolio is Philli.es and that is a 6 letter domain plus the ext

•••
MiddleEa.st is pretty good though. :tu:

•••
Thanks for the comments. Normally I don't like 2 word hacks either which made me think very hard if I should reg them, but I decided to go ahead & just reg them.

•••
Looking forward to developing my
c h a i n s a.w s
Hopefully something cutting edge

•••
Just picked up Plasm.as & Saun.as

What do you guys think?

•••
Plasm.as & Saun.as are nice reg. Congrats. Good Luck.

•••
Nice picked up indeed for Plasm.as and Saun.as

•••
Is this also domain hacks?

2000.cc

:)

•••
skylineleong said:
Is this also domain hacks?

2000.cc

:)
A little different but i think it can be consider a hack

I only heard numbers+CC in medicine.

•••
Engine sizes too, although these days they are usually given in litres rather than cc.

•••
Yes, someone will say 1.6 & 2.0 litres, some country will say 1600cc & 2000cc.

•••
ipodxpert said:
Plasm.as & Saun.as are nice reg. Congrats. Good Luck.

xman said:
Nice picked up indeed for Plasm.as and Saun.as

Thanks, I was actually quite suprised to find these 2 available.

•••
interesting domain hack available with the introduction of second level .my!
Yum.my / acade.my / econo.my etc.....unfortunate taken...but there are many more still available...if keen, you must now pre-register now....no many registrar offering .my but you can contact webnic.cc or ipmirror to find out more.

•••
Just registered 2 .ma's via dotmaroc.ma.

Barack-Oba.ma

PresidentOba.ma

Unfortunately oba.ma was taken, but that is life.

•••
TheBaldOne said:
Just registered 2 .ma's via dotmaroc.ma.

How much is the reg. fee and transfer? Is is real time?

I've been using a different registrar and if that registrar is much cheaper I might transfer a couple of my .ma there.

•••
Hi xman, registration fee is 25 Euros a year, and in the short time I have dealt with them they are really helpful.

I would suggest contacting them with the questions just so that I do not inadvertantly mislead you. Hope this helps.

•••
TheBaldOne that's a big help indeed.

By the way, since this thread was started I end up getting some solid hacks and I will develop some of them.

It seems to me that a lot of hacks are being registered so its getting harder and harder to reg. them. I think there were only few of us who truly believed in this type of domains but now they are getting more and more popular.

Any plan on developing some of your hacks?

•••
Xman, I totally agree about finding hacked names getting harder (I prefer the term 'conjoined names'). It would seem that a lot of these domains are registered to some experienced domainers as well (yes I do mean the 'big boys').

I tried developing JesusChri.st with a couple of people who said they would do it on a partnership basis, but they fell by the wayside. I tried to develop it myself but I am a totally useless developer, I am never satisfied with my own work.

With Barack-Oba.ma and PresidentOba.ma I may put up sites (that is always my intention) but if I did they would be basic sites and nothing like they should be. I just hope a developer comes along who is trustworthy and fulfills their promises, that way the domains would be pouring money into the bank!

•••
Yes, I totally agree with you William. I do have plans to develop some of my geo hacks including ango.la. I'm also looking for a good developer to start developing those names.

•••
TheBaldOne, when I searched some of the hacks I've noticed that Tucows owns a lot of them.

As for the basic site, you could use a template just to get started. I would really like to develop some of mine with video contents instead of standard site. At least that's the idea.

.tv that's a great geo-hack and it's nice to develop it.

•••
diplo.ma is available for registration if someone is interested.

I checked it on www.dotmaroc.com.

don't forget to rep me if you register it. :)

For Sale - Hondur.as - $300 BIN

Last edited:
•••
In the future what do you see for hacks? I have a ton to register.. Found so many good ones.. Though am not sure If I really should.

•••
jd, 'hacked' or 'conjoined' domains are a relatively untapped resource.

Let us take an imaginary example of a domain name, 'g.od'. Now a lot of the 'old school' will say that g dot od means nothing, and if .od is a ccTLD then they will deride the domain even more. The fact that to the rest of the English speaking world the domain is instantly ecognizable as 'god' they will dismiss as pointless and irrelevent.

The chances are also that a conjoined domain will be far more unique than a non-conjoined domain and therefore much easier to brand. It must be said though that many domainers ignor conjoined domains because there is rarely the immediate returns via visitors and PPC income.

The choice of which camp you wish to be in is yours though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back