Dynadot

Value of 3 letter .coms

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Are three letter .coms worth a lot, regardless of how much traffic they receive? Like zzt.com for example, how much would that be worth despite a possibly low number of visitors?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Due to current market demand, a 3-letter .com with "bad" letters can easily be sold for mid to high $XXX among resellers. And amounts above $1,000 are very possible.

•••
It appears that the current wholesale minimum for 3-letter .com domains is about $1200. I haven't personally seen a 3-letter .com of any quality level sell for less than $1200 recently, and I'd further say that any that could be found for less than that amount, if still possible, would be a good buy.

This also represents a strong valuation growth...as there were a few 3-letter .coms bought about 2-3 months ago at around $1000, but that price seems to be too low now...and price momentum has continued to grow.

To my thinking...3-letter .coms have been one of the most safe and one of the more profitable domain investments over the years. They have continually increased in value at an impressive pace and I see no reason for that to change. There are only 17,576 of such names, and fewer and fewer are still for sale in the marketplace. As more and more fall into end-user hands (including two I just sold to end-users in the last month), the supply dwindles and demand will continue to force prices higher on both the wholesale and the end-user marketplaces.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks,
Zesty

•••
Yeah its crazy the prices =] If you can find it under $1k I think its a gr8 investment.

•••
If you look at an Aftermarket liek Afternic Only 263 LLL.com even listed for sale. Form the less desirable letters if a LLL has just one your still ok especially depending on Position Q at the beginning probably much better than in third positon Qhc Quality Health Corp much better than HCQ. Good letters expect to pay at a minimum $3,000 to $5,000 GNE or Nbd and those are rarely for sale. CHECK out www.3character.com for more data.

•••
Q's at the end, think: "quarterly" or "query" or similar.

I haven't seen a 3 letter .com on Snap or pool for less than the $1200 mentioned above. 3 letter .com's are still the "gold standard" of the industry, :imho:

Also, an important note that I think should be highlighted:

We typically do say that there are 17,576 3 letter combos availalble, but as zesty pointed out, many are now in the hands of end users that WILL NOT be selling for any price that we could afford. ( Unless one of you is planning a hostile takeover of Disney to buy abc.com to use for a drop service ;) ).

Great posts, All :gl:

-Allan

•••
Good point About the Q ALLAN but I will take it In First position I will leave you the lll.coms with it in third. hahaha

•••
I wouldn't sell a 3 letter .com for less than $2k.

•••
This is why subdoamins might catch on

yes there is a chronic shortage of three letter dot coms that is why
I believe subdomains like rft.us.com or second levels rft.us or rft.biz
will start to gain acceptance in the market place. If you want an acronym
with a .com ending then subdomains like this might become the only
practical way to get one in the future at $100 a piece they are not
cheap but for many small companies better than paying $10,000 plus.

•••
3 letter .coms are mostly going at 1k+. Most of the lowest sales are as said, $1200. If you get any below $1k. PM me.

•••
I've seen 3-letter .com's go for low to mid $xxxx. Name containing letters such as I, l, and O tend to lower the value somewhat since they can easily be confused with each other and the number 0.

•••
Definitely no less than $1k for the very worst, sky is the limit for the right combo.

Q at the beginning for quality is good for branding - QEE.com for instance :laugh:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back