Dynadot

advice Use Whois for Domain Sales in a GDPR World

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DN Playbook

Established Member
Impact
Is Whois data now useless for inbound sales and offers after GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) caused registrars to redact all personal data such as email & phone?

The following article describes one way you can take advantage of Whois data today to let people know how to contact you:

https://blog.domainmarketpro.com/use-whois-selling-domains-gdpr-world/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its better you purchase some legit latest data from a directory provider.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Is anyone using the Nameservers method in Whois to attract buyers? Any thoughts?

•••
no, but I wish I knew about the organization field for .com's when I first started

10 hours later that day adding it . lol

I did just start buying .co.uk today though, so I will consider it, although landers and outbound is my plan.

•••
This is very difficult now than when I started domaining where I will just do my whois to get my desire domain seller contact for business but now many investors is going to miss to many sells because of this.

Last edited:
•••
This is very difficult now than when I started domaining where I will just do my whois to get my desire domain seller contact for business but now many investors is going to miss to many sells because of this.

Very true. That's why it is more important than ever to have your own portfolio website or marketplace and use custom nameservers to let potential buyers know how to reach you, as explained in the article.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back