IT.COM

domain USA CANNA //com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enduser Price

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • xxx

votes
    64.0%
  • low-mid x,xxx

votes
    16.0%
  • mid-high x,xxx

votes
    16.0%
  • xx,xxx

votes
    0.0%
  • More than 20k

vote
    4.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Reseller price?

Enduser price range..this year?

in 3 years?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No business or company own these names for a reason. Zero speculation on this, I stand to be corrected LEGALLY

Domain
Price Date Venue
calicanna.com 4,000 USD 2018-09-02 Private
zencanna.com 1,450 USD 2018-04-13 GoDaddy
ecocanna.com 1,009 USD 2018-12-25 GoDaddy
canna.co 1,000 USD 2011-04-20 Sedo
usacanna.com 700 USD 2019-01-05 GoDaddy
naturalcanna.com 631 USD 2018-10-05 GoDaddy
420canna.com 545 USD 2018-07-03 GoDaddy
kindcanna.com 456 USD 2018-10-05 GoDaddy
truecanna.com 326 USD 2018-10-12 GoDaddy
redcanna.com 266 USD 2017-03-30 GoDaddy
I’ve sold canna domains to well funded companies at prices far beyond what’s listed here. Also sold canna.co a few years ago to media options. I only mention it because it’s on your list...

Still own stuff like cannafarm, cannaplants, cannalab and many more. Good luck to whoever tries to take them in a legal proceeding.

•••
•••
No business or company own these names for a reason. Zero speculation on this, I stand to be corrected LEGALLY

While I am not an expert, I have a strong leaning on this topic and desire to more fully understand your position.

(For Example: Part 1)

Trademark only restricts competitors in the same industry from using your registered brand name or company name. Multiple registrations, by the same or different companies—each registration in a different class of business—are allowed. ... Trademarks are not a name; a trademark is a name PLUS its goods or services.
https://www.quora.com/Can-you-trademark-the-same-word-mark-as-another-company-in-different-industry

(For Example: Part 2)

Apple (starting in the late 60's)
Apple Records / The Beatles = Big Money

Apple (starting just a few years later)
Apple Computers / No trademark issues, correct?

(Other "vital" info)
The image you posted about the trademark focuses on pesticides and crop protection which seems very narrow when compared to the entire booming pot industry.
Finally, Googling "Canna brand"...

Cannabrand | The World's First Cannabis Marketing Agency

cannabrand.co/

Cannabrand is the world's leading cannabis marketing agency headquartered in Denver, CO. Marijuana Marketing / Advertising / Branding / Public Relations ...
Our Mission · ‎Work · ‎Contact · ‎Press
CANNA BRAND SOLUTIONS – Paramount Cannabis Packaging
https://cannabrand-solutions.com/
Canna Brand Solutions is a wholesale cannabis packaging company based in Seattle, WA; specializing in custom cannabis packaging, we also offer a variety of ...
Products · ‎CCELL Vaporizer Cartridges · ‎Custom Packaging · ‎About
Products – CANNA BRAND SOLUTIONS
https://cannabrand-solutions.com/shop/
CCELL M3 Battery w/ charger- 2 Colors. WEB- As low as $3.80 /unit. Select options · CCELL 1.0mL Vape Cartridge (TH210)- Black Ceramic Tip. $2.76 /unit.

Canna Ventures: Cannabis Branding & Marketing Agency
https://canna-ventures.com/
A Seattle & Bay Area full service
cannabis marketing and branding agency for national and local cannabis businesses. Leverage our Fortune 1000 branding ...
CANNA BRAND SOLUTIONS LLC | LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com/company/canna-brand-solutions-llc
Learn about working at
CANNA BRAND SOLUTIONS LLC. Join LinkedIn today for free. See who you know at CANNA BRAND SOLUTIONS LLC, leverage your ...
CANNA - The solution for growth and bloom

www.canna.com/

CANNA provides you with the complete product range for growing your own plants, best yields and great flowering.
Brand Canna Growth Partners – • Branded Cannabis Investor

brandcannagrowth.com/

BRAND CANNA GROWTH PARTNERS. Sophisticated financial approach in catalyzing branded opportunities in the ever-changing entrepreneurial cannabis ...
Canna Brands To Trade Under New Ticker Symbol "CBMJ" Today

https://www.prnewswire.com/.../canna-brands-to-trade-under-new-ticker-symbol-cbmj...

Sep 30, 2014 - BOTHELL, Wash., Sept. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Canna Brands, Inc. ("Canna Brands" or the "Company") today announced its request for new ...
Marijuana Brands - Leafly
https://www.leafly.com/brands
Flavor Town
Cannabis · The Flavoring Gurus · Flavors · Flawless Extracts · Fleur Cannabis · Fleuraison Farms · FlexMOD · FlicWic · Flight Brands · Flo True Taste.
20 Best cannabis brands images | Branding, Branding design, Brand ...
https://www.pinterest.com/releafapp/cannabis-brands/
A collection of well designed
brands in the cannabis space. | See more ideas about Branding, Branding design and Brand design.

`````````````````````
The "markets" are speaking loudly and this domain should not expect any trademark issues related to a pesticide brand (?)

`````````````
Edit: re: "Prefix vs Suffix" = Still not an issue as long as you are not a pesticide company.

Last edited:
•••
@MSN-Domains are you a lawyer?

Please stop turning appraisals into tm discussions. With your kind of interpretation, 90% of good names are worthless. Please don't insert tm into every discussion, especially if you are not formally qualified as tm lawyer.

•••
•••
I said best and final when I made the offer, expecting a reply. When it came time to push, it was too late because escrow started. Can’t win them all!
I gave the seller a good early offer, he didn’t play the other offers against each other, and just kind of closed the highest one at that given date. They left a lot of money on the table, but a good domainer here is the winner so all good.

•••
•••
If you sold them canna.co - bravo you offloaded a cut and shut on them as to whoever sold them bluedream.com (Worthless with PBR) genetically you have to prove you started the sequence same applies in Bloodstock. What can I say we all end up with egg on our face at some point in life.

@Kieth To be absolutely clear i outlined the difference between the suffix and the prefix you only mentioned the canna prefix like i thought you would

So if I understand you correctly you're saying anything canna suffix will be a TM violation? I get inquires on this one weekly. I don't agree with you at all.

cr=w:800,h:500,a:cc

•••
Yeah you would have to be the first person to place the backorder, it could be that someone places a backorder two years ago on the domain. There is an easy way to see this though if the first bid is placed at $10 instead of $12 on an expired domain than you know there is a backorder on the auction.
Ultimately it is not the best idea to put a backorder on as your main means of winning an auction because as I said there are a lot of variables and moving parts on an expired domain. It wouldn't hurt to put a backorder on an auction you are interested in and this is especially true if you buy a lot of expired domains.
This is because if you buy backorders in bulk it has the advantage of giving you a slight discount on the final price as well as trying to catch the domain at the end of the auction cycle.

A backorder covers your first bid, or if the bidding goes above the price of the initial bid, let's say it ends at $25, the backorder credit gives you a $10 bid credit AND it covers your renewal on the domain. So if you bought 25 backorder credits at $12.40 each and then applied them to auctions you are bidding on you'd save quite a bit.

I'll use the $25 final price auction as an example. You bid on xyz.com for $25 and you have also placed a backorder on xyz.com and you win at the $25 bid. We take your backorder credit away which gives you a $10 credit on your bid price and a free year renewal. So you would pay $15 for the auction win $25 - $10 credit, The backorder cost you $12.40 so you are $27.40 out the door to win that auction for $25. Sounds great right? Wait a second while we do the math the other way.

You win xyz.com for $25. The name is expired so you have to renew it. With Domain Discount club your renewal cost is $8.47 so that auction costs you $33.47. With the backorder you save $5.07. If you do not have a discount the current list price on our site for a .com renewal is $18.17 plus the $25 bid comes to $43.17.

So you can see that if you buy a lot of domains that expire this is a good way to go. I covered this in a YouTube video a couple years ago but I am not that famous so a lot of people havent seen it yet :)

There are a couple caveats though, when you place a backorder it shows as a bid which means you will tip off people who sort by bids.

The other caveat is currently we let people use a backorder on a .co domain. Our cost on these is higher than the backorder price so if we see anyone abusing this, using backorders in bulk to grab .co domains we will block you from the auctions because this winds up costing us money. We have decided to keep it available on .co domains but we watch it closely for abuse. Anyone reading this, don't be that "guy" who ruins it for everyone by making our backorders not work on .co domains stick to buying one in a blue moon this way if you have to use it on one, but we'd prefer you don't use it as it costs us money.

Here is the current bulk pricing for Backorders.

Here is the bulk pricing for backorders:
1-19 credits - $15.50 each

20-49 credits - $12.40 each Save 20%‡

50-99 credits - $11.63 each Save 25%‡

100+ credits - $10.85 each Save 30%‡

•••
$0

Canna is a Spanish Global brand that has been operational since the '90s - Canna.com will never be available to buy. trying to build a brand around "usacanna" would be a legal/logistical nightmare

You could never file a trademark for Classification of Goods and Services

You can sell it on this forum to somebody less intelligent for x, xx,x,xx - What did you pay for the name?

Is short for “ Cannabis “...”Canna” names are being sold almost every day, and every month a new brand or company comes out as “ Canna”. Their trademark has nothing to do with Marijuana/cannabis/hemp/cbd/ .....just growing prouducts ! But thank you your info is still helpful and informative!

•••
This domain has a fair appraisal given it sold 4 days ago at godaddy auctions at $700.

How could you purchase it when it sold 4 days ago to a buyer who still doesn't have control of it?

The value is totally speculative until the entire country is on the same page. Until then it makes little sense.

•••

Domain
Price Date Venue
calicanna.com 4,000 USD 2018-09-02 Private
zencanna.com 1,450 USD 2018-04-13 GoDaddy
ecocanna.com 1,009 USD 2018-12-25 GoDaddy
canna.co 1,000 USD 2011-04-20 Sedo
usacanna.com 700 USD 2019-01-05 GoDaddy
naturalcanna.com 631 USD 2018-10-05 GoDaddy
420canna.com 545 USD 2018-07-03 GoDaddy
kindcanna.com 456 USD 2018-10-05 GoDaddy
truecanna.com 326 USD 2018-10-12 GoDaddy
redcanna.com 266 USD 2017-03-30 GoDaddy

https://thinkcanna.com/
https://happylifecanna.com/
http://www.sublimecanna.com/
https://minervacanna.com/
https://gencanna.com/
http://stmcanna.com/

•••
I have a really hard time believing nobody will brand with a word plus canna.

•••
This example can be used across every keyword, as a domainer it is his risk/reward ratio. Given the auction was manipulated by a deadbeat bidder, it sucks for him. What sucks more is probably knowing someone will own it for a fraction.

If it was me, I would probably hit the checkout, and try to make it up on another sale. Given you have to think about it this much, you will probably kick yourself for missing out down the road. It's a gamble if that end user shows up, or you own it for a few years, and auction it down the road. If you are in around $500, I think you can come out clean in either situation.

Last edited:
•••

and I had really hard time to figure out what USA Canna may stand for, until I read more posts.

•••
I own zero keywordcanna domains because they don’t sound right to me. Has nothing to do with a possible TM issue.
Oh. What a strange coincidence
MO.png

•••
Maybe the deadbeat who could be a front runner, had this 2017 registration as a lead. Majority of the time since it is a forwarding domain, they don't want to pay more than a few XXX for it, which would be at a loss, but an added upside for the purchase call.

Usa-canna.com actually seems to be an affiliate link and the domain is owned by a Keith. @Keith?

•••
Usa-canna.com actually seems to be an affiliate link and the domain is owned by a Keith. @Keith?

Not our @Keith at least I don’t believe, as the Whois state is listed as “Virginia “

•••
•••
Yes, I plead guilty to buying this one.
Good buy. I tried my best but the way I presented my offer was all wrong.

I also do not own that hyphen domain mentioned above.

•••
The plot thickens, nice catch, good buy on CannabisWorld.com, suprised Keith didn't push on that one. I think you got a good buy on that, but you had to step up quick as you did, had it gone thru Godaddy auctions, it probably would have brought in $10K just on spec.
I said best and final when I made the offer, expecting a reply. When it came time to push, it was too late because escrow started. Can’t win them all!

•••

I tried, perhaps that heads up was a day late ..as you said we can’t win them all but on to the next one we can all go :)

•••
Well I am curious to know if the OP ever got their domain, how ironic this journey was from being outbid to be given a second chance, to have the rug pulled out from under you once again.

•••
Is it possible original owner saw this thread and renewed? I’m pretty sure it was past the point of being able to be , being reg at GD

Owner can NOT renew once the domain hits 30 days after expiry
- GD says so themselves:
https://uk.godaddy.com/help/renewing-my-expired-domain-name-609

Day 25 Domain is put up for domain name auction. You can manually recover your expired domain name or place a bid on the domain name through auction.
Day 30 Domain is no longer available to renew or recover in your account. You can place a bid on the domain name through auction.
Day 36 If there are no backorders and no bidders in the domain name auction, we list the domain name in a final closeout auction. You can place a bid on the domain name through auction. This is the final chance to register the domain name before it is returned to the registry.
Day 41 All auctions end Domain is no longer available to renew or bid on.

But what actually happens can be different. I had a similar experience with a domain that we bought then being cancelled and getting very unsatisfactory info from GD auctions. I considered creating a thread for it - just be warned you can win a name, even one registered at GD, then it gets cancelled. They don't even tell you its cancelled or tell you you did not get it or email you to say they refunded it.

Then you can try to dropcatch it.

When they introduced the 30 day cutoff it was supposed to stop people renewing names after others had bought them but it seems there are errors or loopholes or getouts going on.

Last edited:
•••
It surely did not . I thought that as well....

Oh and pray your the only and “ first “ BO for it to work.
People aren’t going to place bo for domains that are in expired auction. The only reason it happened in this case was because of the threads created here.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back