Domain Empire

domain USA CANNA //com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enduser Price

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • xxx

votes
    64.0%
  • low-mid x,xxx

votes
    16.0%
  • mid-high x,xxx

votes
    16.0%
  • xx,xxx

votes
    0.0%
  • More than 20k

vote
    4.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Reseller price?

Enduser price range..this year?

in 3 years?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I really wish all thee backorders loopholes were closed out, because there are only a few people who are taking advantage of them. I have passed on some second chance offers, so I knew they leave the option before 24 hours, anytime you get the chance, and you want it take it right away.

That was a $700 domain one minute, and a $20 domain the next, that is unreal.

So is the high bidder suspended for life? Or just until they can get a new ip, and disposable credit card?

•••
You have not explained why the email told him 24 hours and you guys,shady as usual, picked an arbitrary hour to rescind his offer. I don’t care if you don’t have to——- the point is you did——and then you didn’t abide by the time period given to him in your own email. @DomainBarracksRob is satisfied but my point is we can’t count on you guys for consistent behavior on anything.
I reviewed one of my second chance emails and the wording is WITHIN 24 hours, not IN 24 hours, which is very confusing, but I guess it can be argued 2 different ways.

•••
Their trademark has nothing to do with Marijuana/cannabis/hemp/cbd

I think you'll find it does, They have been supplying nutrients to this market for the last 30 years. It's billion dollar company - Every trade show for the last 30 years they are the largest advertiser with the biggest booth.

To be clear you confused the Canna Prefix sales with the Canna Suffix Sales. Suffix sales looking at namebio.com are only owned by domainers

For instance, I can't operate a technology company called GetApple.com but I can operate a technology company called AppleAndPears.com

You lost $700 wipe your nose and go again. Let this heed as warning to anybody else thinking of registering strain names which are Linked to Plant Breeder Rights aka (PBR) it has zero to do with WIPO

Last edited:
•••
I think you'll find it does, They have been supplying nutrients to this market for the last 30 years. It's billion dollar company - Every trade show for the last 30 years they are the largest advertiser with the biggest booth.

To be clear you confused the Canna Prefix sales with the Canna Suffix Sales. Suffix sales looking at namebio.com are only owned by domainers

For instance, I can't operate a technology company called GetApple.com but I can operate a technology company called AppleAndPears.com

You lost $900 wipe your nose and go again. Let this heed as warning to anybody else thinking of registering strain names which are Linked to Plant Breeder Rights aka (PBR) it has zero to do with WIPO

I haven't lost anything...as I have not bought the domain..hence why I am asking and getting general advice BEFORE I decide to purchase it or not.

•••
@wwwweb Godaddy came back to me and has offered it to be as I was the 2nd highest bidder in the Auction.
Funny, I had the same thing happen with a cannabis domain just before new years. Someone is playing trust fund baby in the auctions. In my case it came down from $250 to like $60 so it was a non event. Guessing you probably in at mid $5xx-6xx, the next guy is the one who will get the deal on it, if you pass.

I have had this so many times, there is a lot of front runners who tie up the sale, and if they can't flip quick enough they bail, just across the board. It sucks, because it is not what they won, it is what they lost, and bid which is also important.

Last edited:
•••

yep and it's almost $200 over what I "really: wanted to by, never been so on the fence about a name.
I actually like USCANNA better, it is parked, with a lander, at Uni. You only got 24 hours, and the clock is ticking, I know that pressure. I have had so many 2nd chance offers but the worst ones are the ones where there was 2-3 bidders in the closing bids, which really messes it up for you.

Cannabis names are not exactly flying off the shelf, you saw cannabisworld.com sell here the other day, if you knew what it sold for in general to this bid you probably would not be to impressed.

•••
No business or company own these names for a reason. Zero speculation on this, I stand to be corrected LEGALLY

Domain
Price Date Venue
calicanna.com 4,000 USD 2018-09-02 Private
zencanna.com 1,450 USD 2018-04-13 GoDaddy
ecocanna.com 1,009 USD 2018-12-25 GoDaddy
canna.co 1,000 USD 2011-04-20 Sedo
usacanna.com 700 USD 2019-01-05 GoDaddy
naturalcanna.com 631 USD 2018-10-05 GoDaddy
420canna.com 545 USD 2018-07-03 GoDaddy
kindcanna.com 456 USD 2018-10-05 GoDaddy
truecanna.com 326 USD 2018-10-12 GoDaddy
redcanna.com 266 USD 2017-03-30 GoDaddy
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/endo?ltr=1
omnicanna?

•••
•••
MDJ Domains owns the reverse CannaUSA (whoever that is...lol)

I would probably buy it as well but that’s not my decision. Do what you feel best with @DomainBarracksRob

•••
MDJ Domains owns the reverse CannaUSA (whoever that is...lol)

I would probably buy it as well but that’s not my decision. Do what you feel best with @DomainBarracksRob
cannaus.com is parked on an efty lander also.

•••
@wwwweb & @karmaco Thank you both!

Few points , I “did” originally have enough faith to bid up that high to begin with. Once I lost I accepted it and mentally took it as well money saved !

@wwwweb you hit the nail on the head with the missing out down the road kicking myself , as this is something a friend pointed out to me over the phone now! Sweating 700 now or what could have been, and yea I thinking “wishing” I had pulled the trigger is the worst case senireo!

As I mentioned in the pot thread also my first largest purchase ever so it had me a bit on edge !

@karmaco Thank you , as I do believe, even if I didn’t want to sit on it or could not sell to enduser , I think I would have plenty of 200-700 resell value here to other members should I want my investment back

I am going to go to the gym to clear my head, and after the oxygen hits me I have till 7:20pm to make my decision!

Much appreciate it and @MSN-Domains thanks for looking out on the legal end, it hasn’t gone un noticed !

•••
I don't think its something to which I pay even $500. Probably the "auction" bumped as cannabis at this time so "HOT"

Anyway, The ball in your court @DomainBarracksRob

•••
Reseller price?

Enduser price range..this year?

in 3 years?

From a different point of view....

At first when I saw the domain I thought it referred to USA/Canada.

Then I thought that is an odd way to spell Canada for short.

It's for that reason I would be out, a lot of similar comparisons would be made.

Next of course is Cannabis but then one will second guess that etc etc.

I'm glad you saved your money on this one.

Last edited:
•••
From a different point of view....

At first when I saw the domain I thought it referred to USA/Canada.

Then I thought that is an odd way to spell Canada for short.

It's for that reason I would be out, a lot of similar comparisons would be made.

Next of course is Cannabis but then one will second guess that etc etc.

I'm glad you saved your money on this one.
Take it a step further

US CANADA NORTH AMERICA

It looks like the original owner dropped the .com/.org, and the .org is sitting at $5 right now.

Last edited:
•••
and I had really hard time to figure out what USA Canna may stand for, until I read more posts.

I thought I was the only one, I was baffled too until I started reading some posts.

•••
If you sold them canna.co - bravo you offloaded a cut and shut on them as to whoever sold them bluedream.com (Worthless with PBR) genetically you have to prove you started the sequence same applies in Bloodstock. What can I say we all end up with egg on our face at some point in life.

@Kieth To be absolutely clear i outlined the difference between the suffix and the prefix you only mentioned the canna prefix like i thought you would
I own zero keywordcanna domains because they don’t sound right to me. Has nothing to do with a possible TM issue.

•••
I've proved my point. I didn't come to debate how aesthetically pleasing a domain sounds
I must have missed it. A strong argument can be made for using canna anywhere in a domain, as it pertains to cannabis.

•••
Wow an argument that doesn't have my name attached to it😂
Whoop whoop
# stealth mode

•••
usa-canna.com is taken and leads to this company:

https://www.lifepatent.com
Maybe the deadbeat who could be a front runner, had this 2017 registration as a lead. Majority of the time since it is a forwarding domain, they don't want to pay more than a few XXX for it, which would be at a loss, but an added upside for the purchase call.

•••
Usa-canna.com actually seems to be an affiliate link and the domain is owned by a Keith. @Keith?
The plot thickens, nice catch, good buy on CannabisWorld.com, suprised Keith didn't push on that one. I think you got a good buy on that, but you had to step up quick as you did, had it gone thru Godaddy auctions, it probably would have brought in $10K just on spec.

•••
I understand i don't expect you to reveal the price

If i could sell apple.co, I would be pretty pleased myself - i congratulated you, what more can i say
I’d buy Apple.co in a second. That’s as generic as a domain gets.

•••
•••
Good buy. I tried my best but the way I presented my offer was all wrong.

I also do not own that hyphen domain mentioned above.
The seller totally screwed up that sale, advantage embrand who put that teaser number quickly, but good on seller for being a man of their word. Given I know the number it wasn’t cheap, but it wasn’t outrageous either, I would say advantage to buyer.

•••
I tried, perhaps that heads up was a day late ..as you said we can’t win them all but on to the next one we can all go :)
I appreciated that FYI since that sales thread went right by me!

•••
Given I know the number it wasn’t cheap, but it wasn’t outrageous either, I would say advantage to buyer.
I would’ve went to $5k. Not sure what it sold for but my guess is less than that.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back