IT.COM

domain USA CANNA //com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enduser Price

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • xxx

votes
    64.0%
  • low-mid x,xxx

votes
    16.0%
  • mid-high x,xxx

votes
    16.0%
  • xx,xxx

votes
    0.0%
  • More than 20k

vote
    4.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Reseller price?

Enduser price range..this year?

in 3 years?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The plot thickens, nice catch, good buy on CannabisWorld.com, suprised Keith didn't push on that one. I think you got a good buy on that, but you had to step up quick as you did, had it gone thru Godaddy auctions, it probably would have brought in $10K just on spec.

Wait wait ? Who bought cannabisworld ?...it was just offered for sale here last week!!!

FYI cannabisWorld dns now pointing to BrandBucket 😵

Last edited:
•••
The plot thickens, nice catch, good buy on CannabisWorld.com, suprised Keith didn't push on that one. I think you got a good buy on that, but you had to step up quick as you did, had it gone thru Godaddy auctions, it probably would have brought in $10K just on spec.

Oh you’re saying @Embrand is who bought cannabisworld ?

•••
I am on hold with Godaddy on the phone as they have removed the name from my cart. ..and the option under "won" gone..???yet the email says I HAVE 24 hrs from time of that notification
7:23 pm last night

Last edited:
•••
The email is time stamped and clearly states I have 24hrs ..........support isn't sure why it has been removed from my cart or ability to purchase but apparently GD auctions has replied to them saying Expired Auctions are very time sensitive??..Yet even support guy says he can clearly see a 7:23pm Time Stamp on my Email which I forwarded.

•••
Well....it’s a very weird situation and I will share more of it shortly after I am assured that some things are as I was told ......(strange indeed but “may” turn out to be in my benefit) !

Meantime ...
Here’s the email CLEARY stating and in FINE PRINT ! And Authentic letter from “Godaddy” “within 24hrs “......

Attachments

• C4B8F47A-30B9-4A93-B31D-74BB5A20369D.jpeg
    C4B8F47A-30B9-4A93-B31D-74BB5A20369D.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 562E69F4-E05E-4A61-A2F2-CBA93FC46A6B.jpeg
    562E69F4-E05E-4A61-A2F2-CBA93FC46A6B.jpeg
    323.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
•••
Sorry to hear about this, the amount of second chance offers I have had this past year is alarming.

I hope you didn’t get caught in the middle of a bad threesome with bidder 1 , and 2 lobbing up the price, and somehow you got stuck in the middle somehow.

Everyone here has probably been bid up by users who had no basis being on the platforms. It’s almaot amazing that the other losing bids of these deadbeats never get scaled back, only winning. Effectively all their bids should be void.

If I lost this domain at $700 to be honest, I wouldn’t be to heart broken over it.

If i lose it I'll be upset but not for the $700 price....I have big long term faith in this one, regardless of how much I was one the fence. Getting the run around has been a huge pain....there's a chance I could come out a real winner though..or officially screwed and perhaps lied to..idk yet..either way there will be a HUGE post following the outcome of this name....the difference in how that post could go is Night and Day.......as I said, you all will understand why I'm leaving part of what's going on at the time out when I can share that bit......needless to say Im on the edge of my seat...and waiting :unsure:

Last edited:
•••
You know.....

No matter how you slice it, this topic has been a learning experience for me (y)

You are not the only one who learned something.

While I am not an expert....
(For Example: Part 2)
Apple (starting in the late 60's)
Apple Records / The Beatles = Big Money

Apple (starting just a few years later)
Apple Computers / No trademark issues, correct?....

Update / DANGER!
I checked and was surprised to find the Beatles Apple Records did (successfully) sue Apple computer. Trademarks are supposed to apply to a name plus the product/industry.

•••
I followed that case and Apple broke the rules as soon as they made iTunes. Apple was not supposed to get into the music industry period. They went against the mark the second they started with iTunes.

Exactly, I wanted to learn more, so I had just found this:
(pre-iTunes)
"1978–1981
In 1978, Apple Corps, the Beatles-founded holding company and owner of their record label, Apple Records, filed a lawsuit against Apple Computer for trademark infringement. The suit was settled in 1981 with an undisclosed amount being paid to Apple Corps. This amount was later revealed to be $80,000.[1] As a condition of the settlement, Apple Computer agreed not to enter the music business, and Apple Corps agreed not to enter the computer business."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Corps_v_Apple_Computer

In general, as long as you are clearly in a different industry, then there is no trademark issue.
For the "Big Players" (as an example), if you try to start "Google Pet Grooming", Amazon Canadian Buds :), or "Bellagio Pizza" then you are probably asking for obvious trouble.​

•••
Domain has moved to new ownership now.

•••
Domain has moved to new ownership now.
@wwwweb @karmaco @mistressbellek @MapleDots

Yes ....and it is not I 😑

So what happen was ...

The support guy was a huge help, however he was told by Godaddy Auctions that the name could not be placed back in my cart nore was it offered to another bidder ...but it was being canceled and placed back into the registry 🤔 I thought this very odd and fishy ....like why would GD give up money like this ...also this was within MY 24hrs as stated in email ! I even had support contact @Joe Styler which he told support there was nothing they could do....🤨 Support Guy was on my side and found it odd but said to place a Back Order on the name as know one else should know to.

Which I did, this morning got Email from Godaddy BackOrder failed !.....

Something no right and Godaddy owes me an explanation as well NEEDS TO CHANGE THEIR 24hr statement in their email...all should be aware of this as appears we DO NOT have 24hrs and GD official Letter is meaningless and false.....😑👎🏻

•••
It is funny how it got a domains by proxy privacy set on it?

Sure is , I may call in about or let it go!

Either way I learned a lesson ...

•••
Is it possible original owner saw this thread and renewed? I’m pretty sure it was past the point of being able to be , being reg at GD

•••
Owner can NOT renew once the domain hits 30 days after expiry - GD says so themselves:
https://uk.godaddy.com/help/renewing-my-expired-domain-name-609

But what actually happens can be different. I had a similar experience with a domain that we bought then being cancelled and getting very unsatisfactory info from GD auctions. I considered creating a thread for it - just be warned you can win a name, even one registered at GD, then it gets cancelled. They don't even tell you its cancelled or tell you you did not get it or email you to say they refunded it.

Then you can try to dropcatch it.

When they introduced the 30 day cutoff it was supposed to stop people renewing names after others had bought them but it seems there are errors or loopholes or getouts going on.

wait wait wait..................are you telling me it went to the CLOSEOUT BINS (Day 36)??? where I could of grabbed it for $11+??? And someone else picked up.....AFTER I WAS TOLD TO PLACE BO? ( I had no clue to even look there as I was not told this).....

IF it went to the closeout section ....I'll be livid as that is not the same as "put back into the registry , "place a back order" as I was informed to do by GoDaddy! .. @Joe Styler ??

Last edited:
•••
Sorry to hear about this, the amount of second chance offers I have had this past year is alarming.

I hope you didn’t get caught in the middle of a bad threesome with bidder 1 , and 2 lobbing up the price, and somehow you got stuck in the middle somehow.

Everyone here has probably been bid up by users who had no basis being on the platforms. It’s almaot amazing that the other losing bids of these deadbeats never get scaled back, only winning. Effectively all their bids should be void.

If I lost this domain at $700 to be honest, I wouldn’t be to heart broken over it.
All other bids are voided out if the winning bidder doesn't pay. The Second bidder would pay the amount as if the first bidders bids never existed.

•••
GoDaddy is shady as usual.

•••
This domain did not go to closeout. It was grabbed with a backorder just not yours. If there are multiple backorders we go with whoever placed the backorder on the domain first by timestamp. I just looked, you were 3rd.
I was not able to help you personally because I was in a meeting at the time but I did assist the rep you spoke with and told him to tell you to get a backorder. I did not lookup any back end info on the auction to see if there were other backorders etc. I do not give out non public info to anyone during an auction. I do not believe the rep could have seen that info himself.

Bottom line, we can work on updating the language in the email to "up to 24 hours" to make it more clear. No one ever gets exactly 24 hours because all 2nd highest bids are done manually by the support team and they cannot process each one exactly at 24 hours each day. The terms of service on the auctions are a bit more clear.

The terms state : you may be offered the Expired Domain Name for purchase. You must complete the purchase of the Expired Domain Name within twenty-four (24) hours of notification of the Expired Domain Name being offered to you.

The key words here are may be offered the domain for purchase. We don't have to and don't have to wait the 24 hours, but you must pay within that time period if we still have the domain in your won section. But we don't need to keep it there or even offer it to you.

I agree we can work on making this more clear. I'll talk to the legal team and see what they can do. I'm not a lawyer and they may have a reason for this language.

There are a lot of reasons for why we do this like we do and why you couldn't get the domain name after it was removed from your won section. In a perfect world we'd love to have sold the domain to you, we would have made more money and you would be happier. Unfortunately, on an expired domain name there are a lot of moving parts and a limited time frame for things to happen. Once an auction is closed out like this one was, it is extremely hard to get re-opened.

I disagree. The way I see it we went above and beyond to try and help a customer who wanted the domain but didn't win the auction have a chance to get it. We do not have to offer it to the 2nd highest and in the grand scheme of things for us it is not a lot of money, but it is a decent amount of manual work on our end. We would rather try to help people get the domains they want though and because of this are happy to try and help give someone a 2nd chance.

I appreciate you taking the time to explain all this in great length and detail ! I have learned a lot.

The 24hr bit is slightly miss leading and knowing how this works now I can fully say I would have acted faster on my gut dession and paid for it the minute I put it in my cart and not left it a couple hours to think on. I’m guessing this include all Ack Order that were put on he name long before the auction as well ?...either way I appreciate you taking the time to explain this, and I think many here can learn from this.

I am also still leading to try to conduct my conversations and business more professionally when I speak or reply , yet sometime emotions over take my track of thought. You’ve done your job, I thank you for you help and trying to help me best as possible. Really would of loved to had this name and would have paid the price before that “24hrs” was up...so in a sense the “letter” cost Godaddy $667....times that by how many times this happens and it’s more than that for Godaddy.

I learned more about Godaddy Back Orders as Anothet Domainer and I were just talking about “how it works when there’s multiple BOs” now we know .

•••
My take away is this - if you are being offered a domain as 2nd highest bidder, do not take it. Instead just place a bo and get it for $20. I always thought it went down the chain in order of highest bidder but it doesn’t sound like that happened in this case.

It surely did not . I thought that as well....

Oh and pray your the only and “ first “ BO for it to work.

Last edited:
•••
People aren’t going to place bo for domains that are in expired auction. The only reason it happened in this case was because of the threads created here.
People do quite often place backorders on expired domains. I just gave a more full explanation of why in the thread.

•••
You have not explained why the email told him 24 hours and you guys,shady as usual, picked an arbitrary hour to rescind his offer. I don’t care if you don’t have to——- the point is you did——and then you didn’t abide by the time period given to him in your own email. @DomainBarracksRob is satisfied but my point is we can’t count on you guys for consistent behavior on anything.

I wouldn’t say I’m satisfied, I do feel a bit screwed over, but not by Joe or Support but by GD itself and it’s Email. Yes as @wwwweb and @Recons.Com pointed out, it is mis-leading and left to question! I “felt” I had a full 24hrs and believed I read it correctly. The wording should be changed. I’m just trying to stay respectful . The good here is I learned something the bad is I was not able to get the name .

I do hope they will adjust the email OR the way GD auctions conducts their “2nd chances “.

Hope the new owner enjoys the fruits of publicity this thread and we have created on the name.

Last edited:
•••
Whelp ....it is now listed and Lander set at Undeveloped for $9,800 usd

Good Luck to the new owner! They got one hell of a deal.

Last edited:
•••
You have not explained why the email told him 24 hours and you guys,shady as usual, picked an arbitrary hour to rescind his offer. I don’t care if you don’t have to——- the point is you did——and then you didn’t abide by the time period given to him in your own email. @DomainBarracksRob is satisfied but my point is we can’t count on you guys for consistent behavior on anything.
I did, I apologized and said we can make the emails more clear and I will work on it.

•••
Why doesn't the poll allow less than $xxx?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back