Dynadot

US Phone Answering Service

NameSilo
Watch
Is there any service which recognizes spam robo-calls and simply discards it?

I use Sonetel.com. Actually I quite like them. Cheap and mostly good. Scandinavian, I think.

But let's say I change my phone number because the spam gets unbearable. As long as I don't change my number in the whois, everything is peaceful and calm. Because the new number isn't discovered by the spammers. But as soon as I change the number in the whois, it starts off maybe a couple a week. And ends up at hundreds a month, with voicemail spam in my inbox. I end up just deleting everything without listening to any of them, nowadays.

At the moment, I have just decided to keep the old number in the whois (which isn't mine anymore). And peace reigns once more. My email is valid. But I get almost zero email spam. Maybe I'm filtering it all out with my eMail filters (I don't really recall). I generally use a gMail Account.. And I suppose if anyone complains about an invalid phone number, I could probably excuse it away as a number change which hasn't been processed yet.

Does anyone have any better suggestions or methods?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back