Dynadot

question USD Phone Number

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

UmerK

Established Member
Impact
Hi Guys, I am planning to get myself a US phone number to use it for whois data and use it in outbound emails. Can anyone recommend any service? As a new investor not looking for something expensive, just a modest service that lets me use a US number and receive calls on my personal phone. I tried google voice but it didn't work as i am from Australia, any help appreciated!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I use Sonetel. Good luck!
Would you please share details of your package (If thats fine by you) in private? It appears, I will get charged on inbounds as well. Is that true?

•••
yes but it's very nominal. but I guess depends on your location and the currency exchange. to me it's just a few cents. but only if you pick up. suggestion? set voicemail. check voicemail. then call back via Google Voice.

•••
it's also great for when you want people to call you locally.

I have a number for the philippines. Family calls me on that number and I'm in the usa. its VOIP. comes out so much cheaper.

•••
it's also great for when you want people to call you locally.

I have a number for the philippines. Family calls me on that number and I'm in the usa. its VOIP. comes out so much cheaper.
Thanks, seems reasonable and good option!
I would also see how can i set up google voice, I might have couple of people who can verify on their phone number but then again i am not sure if i would still be able to set up GV number.

•••
Thanks, seems reasonable and good option!
I would also see how can i set up google voice, I might have couple of people who can verify on their phone number but then again i am not sure if i would still be able to set up GV number.

Google isn't thee only option. look around. even yahoo has an option. and now that Yahoo is owned by Verizon well.........

depending on how much activity you will get for this phone number. might be good to look into getting a USA local sim chip or plan maybe redirect to you Sonetel number?

I don't know. just an idea.

Voip really is the way to go for your situation. it's all about doing the right strategy. more bang for the buck.

if you got a local number in the usa for a mobile with unlimited plan and got sonetel redirect all calls from the mobile to the sonetel and then redirect all calls from Sonetel.

I wonder if you could save money this way?

•••
Google isn't thee only option. look around. even yahoo has an option. and now that Yahoo is owned by Verizon well.........

depending on how much activity you will get for this phone number. might be good to look into getting a USA local sim chip or plan maybe redirect to you Sonetel number?

I don't know. just an idea.

Voip really is the way to go for your situation. it's all about doing the right strategy. more bang for the buck.

if you got a local number in the usa for a mobile with unlimited plan and got sonetel redirect all calls from the mobile to the sonetel and then redirect all calls from Sonetel.

I wonder if you could save money this way?
Thank you for that valuable suggestion, it's just to start with i want to test and see if it changes anything. Perhaps as things progress in a positive way i might as well buy a sim like you said.

•••
I bought a China Sim Card when I wanted to sell on the Ename Platform. it was annoying but necessary.

•••
Hi Guys, I am planning to get myself a US phone number to use it for whois data and use it in outbound emails. Can anyone recommend any service? As a new investor not looking for something expensive, just a modest service that lets me use a US number and receive calls on my personal phone. I tried google voice but it didn't work as i am from Australia, any help appreciated!

You could try callcentric.

Edit*
BTW: Numbers and incoming calls and free

Last edited:
•••
Just fund some time...

I use callcentric. The numbers are free, incoming calls are free.

The callcentric iphone app didn't work for me. Zoiper did.
Settings (mobile app settings are the same): https://www.callcentric.com/support/device/zoiper

Last edited:
•••
Just fund some time...

I use callcentric. The numbers are free, incoming calls are free.

The callcentric iphone app didn't work for me. Zoiper did.
Settings (mobile app settings are the same): https://www.callcentric.com/support/device/zoiper

hmmm never heard of this company. but if everything is Free how the heck do they make money to stay in business? lol

•••
•••
like skype and many others...

•••
how the heck do make skype money?

I think skye at some point there's a fee to be paid especially long distance.

•••
ingoing calls? no.

*edit: typo

Last edited:
•••
•••
outgoing calls are not free.

•••
i like kall8.com they charge around $5 a month for an 800 number that you can forward to any number.

•••
i like kall8.com they charge around $5 a month for an 800 number that you can forward to any number.
But per minute charges are on top of that, no?

•••
Alright guys, thanks for you help. It appears the perfect solution was with me all the time, It's an app named NextPlus. It's totally free just with some annoying adds, inbounds are free ad so are text messages. For outbounds you need credit which as well seems reasonable. For anyone looking to get a US number they should try it! Cheers and thanks for your help again.

•••
Hi umer, why don't you use skype, it is also free and offer skype number facility which you can use and spread between your clients and friends to connect with them.

•••

And you can also use VoIP services for cheap callings. Zoiper is a good softphone to start with any preferred VoIP service providers like voip.ms

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back