Domain Empire

.us .us and .eu

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was wondering what are your thoughts, today, for .us extension. Does it have any value among the other available extensions or it is considered to be worse than .biz? I have asked many people and I have to tell there is a great debate about them, because some people consider them as the next great alternetive to coms whereas some others see no value at all.
I'm asking this because I have some money and I'm thinking to invest them buying .eu domains when they become available. As I see .eu domains will be similar to .us except the fact that Americans will hold .us domains and Europeans .eu domains. Does it sound like a good investment or should I reg only looooooooooong .coms?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah I know what you mean vanesaa, since everyone has a different opinion about each extension its really hard to know whats right and whats not.

•••
Dont think that .eu should be so big, most for turism and international organisations / companies.

Not that as huge as the ccTLD.

•••
.us is one of the biggest ccTLDs out there

.eu wont hold up

•••
ccTLDs aren't generally that valuable, although .us has drawn a lot of interest lately.

•••
kaliboy2g <-- have you got a brain cell.

.eu will happen, its approved the servers are there and its in final planning althought it keeps getting delayed it will happen.

lol some people

•••
All it takes is a few big companies advertising a .eu domain and it will become more popular than 10,000 small sites using it.

Same thing for ANY tld.

•••
Hello

.eu pre register it on www.eurodns.com !
The sunrise period is for the trademarks

The site allows an affiliation program to sell with a professional search engine the european domain names

All best
CD

•••
I speculate that .eu will be big.

•••
I would agree with .edu, I get a lot of request for .eu domains in the Netherlands already. But maybe It's better to bed on two horses?

•••
Are Americans allowed to pre-register eu dot names?
I couldn't find any rules or pricing information for eu.
And it looks like the best names are allready gone.
But, anyway, I pre-registered botany.eu and it was free
and they didn't ask for any credit card info.

•••
Well just see it like this, I think that .eu has a smaller market than regular ccTLDS.

Cause no regular company will register a .eu site, probably just areas concering .eu will use this.

Hotels
International companies
Info sites
International organisations (just some)

Cant see smaller companies or private persons really needs this extention.

But I guess alot of brooker will buy huge numbers of .eu, it will be a big market but mostly made on air/thougts.

.EU doesnt suck, but it aint that necesarry for the big number of people/buisness.

And by the way, many americans here doesnt seem to have any insight in the real market of ccTLDs at all.

.US is huge, but not activly used by most americans or companies. So it aint a big ccTLDs atm if you dont just look on the numbers sold.

Europeans countries, people mostly now their know their own ccTLD and have no insight about others, maybe a little .com

.eu isnt the europeans .us, EU isnt something positive in most countries.

.eu will probably have a good market for keywords, import/export, industries, trades, 3-letter and travel. ;D

Well, well we will see how this turns out. Dont think that .eu will get alot of big active sites, maybe some but not in a good percentage.

•••
It looks like they don't know what the pricing will be yet.
And its going to be a lottery.
EuroDNS will take five applicants for any name.
I am finding good names. And I would rather own
an eu than an island nation or China which I am
sure would steal any really successful site from its owner.

•••
Originally posted by cdeurodns
Hello

.eu pre register it on www.eurodns.com !
The sunrise period is for the trademarks

The site allows an affiliation program to sell with a professional search engine the european domain names

All best
CD

I'm very interested that's why I have also visited your site. Thanks! I also would like to ask something. Are not pre-registrations forbidden or you are offering registrations for eleigible companies and individuals for the sunrise period? Many thanks again. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back