Domain Empire

Thoughts on the .EU domain extension...

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
When they become available.....I would like to know some of your thoughts on the .EU domains. does anyone think they have potential to be valuble.....? Also, are there any tricks one can use to grab the domains they want? (i'm sure the good ones will go in a snap) however i know pre registering is'nt an option as of yet and no backordering, Does anyone have any plans on how they will secure the EU domains they want before anyone else registers them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
there are services out there that do pre-registration for .eu domains.

i would avoid the ones that ask you to pay before they are successfully registered.

Namescout.com has this service and they will charge ur account once they have aquired the domain for you.

ON the launch, i kept reading early 2004 for the lauch but we have yet to see i guess.

•••
Do not pre-register for any .eu domain. No one is authorized and there is no way to know if they will be able to register it for you (or take advantage that you value it and grab it themselves).

Please do NOT fall for .eu pre-registration hype.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/34756.html
.eu Domains will be available from November 2004. In March preparation and translation of regulations will begin, followed in June by accreditation of .eu registrars. From September 2004 those holding prior rights to a name (trademarks) can register during a 'sunrise period'. General registration is planned for November on a first come first served basis for any name not taken during the sunrise period or otherwise blocked from registration.

http://www.eurid.org/
PLEASE NOTE THAT AT THIS TIME IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO REGISTER OR PRE-REGISTER A .EU DOMAIN NAME AND THERE ARE NO ACCREDITED REGISTRARS FOR .EU

Last edited:
•••
So I should'nt take pre-register with namescout....or anyone else? Is Namescout a reliable domain registrar....are they on the list to be a credited .EU registar when the time comes? I notice that although they say they do not charge you until they successfully register the domain.....you do have to give them your credit info. Risky? Also...how do i keep up to date on the .EU situation for the moment when the .EU people do select registrars?

•••
Take a deep breath,
wait six months,
check again.

You are way too early. No one can promise anything about eu
THERE ARE NO ACCREDITED REGISTRARS FOR .EU

•••
yup - there will also be a sunshine period of about two months as well - check out the eurid website above for all the info on the new domain

IMO - it will be popular on mainland Europe which is a huge market but I think the UK will in general ignore it for a while because we have the .co.uk which is highly popular here.

There will also be criteria about registering them like EU citizenship and if Brussels has anything to do with it they will be stricly regulated

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back