NameSilo

URGENT!! NAmeCheap MAJOR Issue

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey folks..Wondering if it's me they picked on or anyone else.

I registered 2 domains yesterday
SupportWorker.biz and CareWorker.biz

Today, I deposited $35.52 into my account at about 2.00pmGMT

30 seconds later, there whole server went off the face off the internet.

2 hrs later, it returned.

My 2 domains had vanished, and my $35.52 has gone aswell.

Paypal have made the payment and confirmed it, saying they owe it to me.

Any suggestions what to do. I've tryied the listed number on the whois engine, and no hope. Recorded message to be left, which i have done twice. I emailed them 5 hrs ago, and no response.

Can anyone help? Please?

Matt

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Keep us all updated.

I have notified Duke regarding this for the DNJ next week.

Might be worth highlighting from our perspective.

Anyone else, let us know :|

REgds
Matt

•••
Whatever happened seems serious. They could of at least communicated it better to their clients

•••
Yes i agree, i have still no word. I am going to stay on this i want my domain D-:

•••
indeed.

They still havent responded to me. :(

I'm running out of ideas now :(

Matt

•••
They just don't like you :lol:.

Seriously though, they have responded to me pretty quick whenever I had a problem. Not sure whats going on with this situation.

•••
Hey Ogre, could you try emailing them? See if you get any response?

Chrs
MAtt

•••
I think I saw on another forum the owner/sole person at namecheap was in rome at the icann conference. I think they should be tending to their clients vs. rubbing elbows.

•••
Update: Domain Problem Finally Resolved for me

Hello All,

It looks like what happened for me was that my new namecheap user account (created on 3/3/04, which I then had a domain name pushed into and then further even edited the domain info) was completely deleted sometime between mid-day 3/3 and Noon 3/4. When my account was deleted, the domain instantly went back to the person I bought it from.

After writing back and forth with namecheap support, I finally re-created my same new account with namecheap and re-requested of my seller to push the name into my account again. When she received my request yesterday, she was shocked to still have the domain in her account (and the domain had all my contact info which I had changed during the time I first had it in my possession). She kindly re-pushed it to my new account and I do now have full possession...FINALLY!

Something funny went on at namecheap between 3/3-3/4 and I hope each of you who have trouble will get your issues resolved. Same too I hope Namecheap will do whatever it takes to avoid this problem, whatever it is, in the future! The domain registration business is already tough enough to have silly things like this happen to your customers!

Thanks and good luck to all!
:) Zesty (Drew)

•••
Still no response and no domain!

•••
Thanks for the explanation Zesty! That is a weird glitch that could cause major problems again if it were to happen more than just this once... scary.

•••
Welp,

I'm still hsort of $35 and 2 domains. (= $16)

No one has bothered to call or email me. Still nothing. I'm now at my wits end.

Does anyone know the name / contact details of NAmeCheap owner?

Thanks
MAtt

•••
IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!

Seems the email you need to send to is : irmagnamecheapsupport <[email protected]>

Notice the typo... :(

They have finally responded. Lets see what happens.

Rgds
Matt

•••
If you are still unable to have them resolve the issue(a week is enough time). I would suggest you contact enom directly

•••
Hmmmmmm

Maybe not. That mail was sent by them...however, just got returned to me when i replied.

I must say, I'm a bit concerned. I got 100 domains with them...and this is happening :(

I've now sent to [email protected] and [email protected]

Lets wait and see again. Thank god I got confirmation of everything :(

Ok, more developments.

Both those got wiped and returned, cause of the attachments!! ARGHHHHH!!!!!

Will let you know

10 mins later...

Ok, got it out eventually...(the email that is...hehe)

Will update soon :)

Matt

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ok,

speaking with Richard Kirkendall?

He seems VERY unhapopy about the level of service being provided and wants proof of everything?

who is he?

Rgds
Matt

•••
Hello,
We had a corrupted database on the 3rd of march and had to use a back up. This affected only domains registered on this date. We have taken extreme measures to make sure that this does not happen again. We sincerely apologize for this and the inconvenience that this caused any of you. Everyone should have been responded to in this situation as we did have support staff on duty. If for some reason you have not, please email me directly at [email protected] and I will personally get back to you ASAP .

Last edited:
•••
Thanks eNetwork.

I appreciate you doing this. a few NamePros members have been affected as you can see in this thread. It wont go un noticed that you responded and let us know whats going on.

Once again.

Thanks.

Matt W
Sy4.com

•••
"I think I saw on another forum the owner/sole person at namecheap was in rome at the icann conference. I think they should be tending to their clients vs. rubbing elbows."

Riceman, our staff is composed of over 10 people at the moment and we are currently searching for more to hire. Those individuals include CSR and developers. Please state actual facts or state that these are your opinions in your posts as it is not fair to us for you to give our clients incorrect information about us and have it come across as factual as it does in your post.

"Thanks eNetwork.

I appreciate you doing this. a few NamePros members have been affected as you can see in this thread. It wont go un noticed that you responded and let us know whats going on."

Matt,
No problem at all. The fact is, I do have support reps on staff every day, 7 days week to answer ALL emails. I would like to get to the bottom of why those emails were not answered. If anyone here did in fact not get any emails responded to I would like for you to contact me at [email protected] so I can see where the problem is and who I need to address this with. As Riceman suggested, I personally was in fact in Rome at the ICANN meetings. Of course, me being in rome means that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong :) . Anyways, we are standing by to help anyone that needs it.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you enetwork, i just emailed you!

Hope everything gets fixed!

•••
SchoolSux.

Drop a mail to BOTH [email protected] and webmaster.com

Hopefully, they will answer. regards, matt.

OK

Just got off the phone with the head of NameCheap. Nice Guy :)

Everything is now sorted from myside, with the exception of one domain, which should be resolved within 24 hrs.

School - I mentioned you to him, and he will look into it .

Rgds all

Matt

Last edited:
•••
Nice to see a response from NameCheap on this and an explanation.

•••
Yep, good to hear. I had a name that was not showing up in my account, but now I see why because it was regged on March 3rd.

Anyway, they fixed me up very quick today via email and the name is now in my account:).

•••
nice response by namecheap i think they saved a lotof customers from transferring else where

•••
WElp, everything is sorted my end :) (So to speak *grin*)

Once again, Thanks for your time Rich/NAmeCheap.

A little customer service goes ALONG way in this cut throat business were all in ;)

Rgds
Matt

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back