IT.COM

URGENT!! NAmeCheap MAJOR Issue

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey folks..Wondering if it's me they picked on or anyone else.

I registered 2 domains yesterday
SupportWorker.biz and CareWorker.biz

Today, I deposited $35.52 into my account at about 2.00pmGMT

30 seconds later, there whole server went off the face off the internet.

2 hrs later, it returned.

My 2 domains had vanished, and my $35.52 has gone aswell.

Paypal have made the payment and confirmed it, saying they owe it to me.

Any suggestions what to do. I've tryied the listed number on the whois engine, and no hope. Recorded message to be left, which i have done twice. I emailed them 5 hrs ago, and no response.

Can anyone help? Please?

Matt

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would suggest that e-mail support and tell them whats going on, be sure to include the transit ID# and etc just in case so they know for sure. Hope that helps. :)

•••
I've had a bit of trouble with NameCheap in my past few registared domains.

I recommend you contact NameCheap support, and explain the situation. Just supply your username and a detailed explanation.

•••
their support is slow as :(

•••
Welp, done all f the above.....and still nothing.

We Shall see.

Duke, woundlnt mind mate if you could comment on this in DNJ. Might get em to put there butts in gear :( Alas....

Thanks
MAtt

•••
Originally posted by g0ldy
their support is slow as :(

I agree, I stopped using them

•••
Originally posted by SY4
Welp, done all f the above.....and still nothing.

Hold tight good buddy!

I submitted my first email, got a reply within half an hour... That was great... Replied back, it took over a day for another reply...

Talking about slow responses, PayPal isn't exactly the fastest either! :zzz:

•••
thats gay, keep emailing them

•••
threaten a chargeback.. if no response chargeback.

•••
chargeback? woah i live in bothell wa lol

•••
Originally posted by Zero-Life
chargeback? woah i live in bothell wa lol

??????

•••
•••
•••
Same Problem Here!!!

I can echo the same problem with namecheap. In my first experience with them, I registered my new account and first name with them yesterday, and today I tried to log in and it stated that my username didn't even exsist! I ran a whois on my domain and it is still registered to me, but I have NO access to it so far! AHHHHH. Please keep us up to date on what you find out from Namecheap on resolving this, and I'll try to do the same!

-Not too excited in Namecheap land...
:{ Drew

•••
Re: Same Problem Here!!!

Originally posted by zestydomains*com
I can echo the same problem with namecheap. In my first experience with them, I registered my new account and first name with them yesterday, and today I tried to log in and it stated that my username didn't even exsist! I ran a whois on my domain and it is still registered to me, but I have NO access to it so far! AHHHHH. Please keep us up to date on what you find out from Namecheap on resolving this, and I'll try to do the same!

-Not too excited in Namecheap land...
:{ Drew

Did you try to contact their support?

•••
NameCheap Emailed but no Reply Yet!

Hello Riceman,

Thanks for your reply. I did send them an email at noon today and here about 11 hours later I still haven't heard back. Something pretty bad must have happened at namecheap! I'm pretty darn concerned!

Thanks,
Drew

I'll try to reply to this thread when I hear back!

•••
Just be cool with when you ask for questions, just control yourself first. Then after 3 days with the same problem. Contact Binladen.

•••
Tell me you better have paid with credit card using paypal?
ALWAYS....ALWAYS use a credit card online.
ALWAYS..dont leave home without it. If youre paying out of your checking account with somekind of withdrawl with paypal, you might as well just put the cash in a envelope, lick it, and send it.

Well..I hope it works out for you - good luck.

•••
Originally posted by identity_00
Tell me you better have paid with credit card using paypal?
ALWAYS....ALWAYS use a credit card online.
ALWAYS..dont leave home without it. If youre paying out of your checking account with somekind of withdrawl with paypal, you might as well just put the cash in a envelope, lick it, and send it.

Well..I hope it works out for you - good luck.

That's a very good point. At least then you have some sort of way (ie- a chargeback) of getting your money back if things go sour.

•••
Welp, still nothing, and it's coming up to the 24hr point.

No credit, although it now appears I can see both domains reged to me, and RJ could only see 1 reged to me. So something definately is a tad weird.

As far as namecheap goes, it looks like at 2.00pm GMT yesterday, there server crashed, and they rolled back using a previous update from the DB. That's the only way I can explain it. They will HAVE to credit my account, as I have official verification from Paypal. Personall,y I cant say enuff good things about them. They answer there phones quickly and efficiaently and will email any info you need for a legal stance.

Welpp, will keep you all updated.

Matt

•••
Hang in there Matt, I have had a couple of problems with Namecheap but in general I have always found that they respond quickly and work to get any issues resolved - bear in mind that if their server crashed and they have rolled back with a previous dates backup, then they are probably swamped with support requests from people worried about their accounts.

•••
Tis true Benson....However, this is ME were talking about. I should always be top of the list ;) lol

•••
First message back from Namecheap Finally

Hello,

I have finally heard back from namecheap about my domain. Without saying it specifically, somehow my account with them set up on 3/3 was deleted and the domain I had pushed into my account did not get pushed. The domain is either somewhere in webspace or it is still with the person I bought it from. Either way, the account I full set up, logged into and out of several times is gone and according to their computers never existed.

Something is very strange. I'm still working on rescuing my domain name and I'll reply again if and when I get it fixed. Til then, I have to say my experience with namecheap hasn't been the greatest so far!

Thanks,
Drew

•••
Thanks Zesty...

Good info. I'm starting to get concerned also.
I just left a message on their answer machine. The main difference might be is that I have documented proof from PayPal they have my cash.

Even if I loose the domains, I can handle it...just the $36 that bugs me.. :(

•••
I had this happen too! i have to say the domain i got is out there just like your domains, yaxer.com is my domain that is out there, its in their system because its parked at their parking service. i was all ready to buy my vb licence and start a general music forum... but no! the domain i buy gets lost lol, i emailed them the account info and my receipt from them, no response yet

Well i called too :) just left a message

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back