Domain Empire

Updates: .Work about to hit 30,000 registrations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

brandnow

Selling hotcakesTop Member
Impact
I predicted several months ago the success of .Work.

Daily registrations have skyrocketed starting about a week ago. The best thing though is when you look at the names being registered.. they are real names. Not like .xyz that normally contains a bunch of gibberish numbers being registered by bad people or bots.

At an affordable price for the ordinary investor and user. I see a bright future about a year from now for .Work. I would put it on part with .Club. And we know how well .Club has been doing.

EDIT: WOW .work is also #6 on the newly released report on all nGTLDs being utilized in the real world by companies.. IMHO this is seriously big news for .work. Check out the full report here:

https://www.cscglobal.com/cscglobal/pdfs/CSC gTLD Report_May15 EN.pdf?utm_campaign=NewgTLDReport+MAY15&utm_source=blog+post&utm_medium=blog&utm_content=EN

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I also like .work, but haven't received many inquiries on mine. But at $4/year renewal, I can pay for 10 years of renewal for the cost of just 1 year's registration on 1 or 2 domains in a different new gTLD. I can easily hold the below .work domains for 10+ years until the demand picks up.

academic.work
connect.work
crowd.work
custom.work
cyber.work
daily.work
digi.work
enjoy.work
extra.work
general.work
handi.work
handy.work
ideal.work
iron.work
knowledge.work
leather.work
local.work
mens.work
metal.work
micro.work
online.work
remote.work
road.work
simple.work
street.work
student.work
studio.work
think.work
virtual.work
visual.work
volunteer.work
womens.work

•••
.Work has added almost 7,000 registrations in the last 3 days. I checked the last names registered and they all sound legit. Must be the NamePros effect.

•••
Hi guys - New here and YES its a plug (but waiting on a response from Eric so I can advertise this) but we are doing .WORK @ $1.59/yr for Reg/Transfer and Bulk - Press release out next week on this. KoreDomains.com

Please PM me re Advertising rates for the site.. thx - Derek

•••
Hi guys - New here and YES its a plug (but waiting on a response from Eric so I can advertise this) but we are doing .WORK @ $1.59/yr for Reg/Transfer and Bulk - Press release out next week on this. KoreDomains.com

Please PM me re Advertising rates for the site.. thx - Derek

Though 1&1 has .work new registrations for only .99 cents.

•••
Well, .jobs has been available for a decade and didn't gather momentum.
Sure, there are restrictions there clearly isn't much demand for domains that carry red tape.
How is .work different ?
To me it sounds very much like the same old song, but different rhymes.

•••
Work costs $2 - $4 / year on renewals. There are virtually no or extremely few premium names. Even the premium names from the registry is cheap.

Work is short and can be used in a multitude of ways. I hope it's one of my "long-term" ngtld winning picks.

•••
They look very promising and I am going to snatch a few up; although, I am actually having issues querying the .work whois server (whois-dub.mm-registry.com). It is telling me that 'google.work' is available when it is not.

•••
They look very promising and I am going to snatch a few up; although, I am actually having issues querying the .work whois server (whois-dub.mm-registry.com). It is telling me that 'google.work' is available when it is not.

noice.

•••
Like an end user for this extension would care if the renewal are $x or $xx, only a domainer would care about that.

•••
I am an end user of .Work and planning to develop at least 4 .Work names into 'major' sites.

One selling point for me was that I obtained good .Work names. But also that I extended these 4 names for 10 years and it only set me back like $15 each with GoDaddy for 10 YEARS. Unusual for me because normally I only extend my developmental site domains for 1 - 2 years ahead.

They are good names which 'work' very well with .Work. The fact that companies and people are developing with .Work will also help set this extension apart from the spammy ngtlds.. like .xyz and .top. I'm pretty sure the 10 years validity of my .Work names will also help a bit with Google SEO. As I have read several times that Google prefers domains that have been registered for the maximum time. I like that .Work sounds professional and trustworthy and the word "work" is both sort of generic, but also has meaning. :) Anyways, these are just some of the reasons why I feel good supporting .Work and choosing to build with it.

Last edited:
•••
Might as well go for a free .tk then if price is the main factor on how to valuate domain extensions :)

•••
Might as well go for a free .tk then if price is the main factor on how to valuate domain extensions :)

It's not just about price though. .TK obviously .Sucks and is almost as bad as .Top. :)

•••
I extended these 4 names for 10 years and it only set me back like $15 each with GoDaddy for 10 YEARS.

What coupon code did you use? I see discount for first year transfer or registration at godaddy, but don't see discounts for year 2-10.

•••
Has anyone had many buyers? Just registered these:

admire.work
bicep.work
canvas.work
civilian.work
combine.work
convert.work
crude.work
cruel.work
crusade.work
dank.work
deltoid.work
ethic.work
exile.work
hitman.work
hydra.work
peasant.work
pectoral.work
pride.work
psycho.work
racial.work
ripped.work
stride.work
stubborn.work
sword.work
thief.work
username.work
vicious.work
weightlifting.work

•••
Just 2 names sold, avg sold price is mid XXX

•••
What coupon code did you use? I see discount for first year transfer or registration at godaddy, but don't see discounts for year 2-10.

I don't remember which code it was... but about 2 months ago I used a GoDaddy 35% off coupon and it worked! I was surprised it worked for ngtld transfers.. but it worked for .Work at least. I often see 25 - 35% off GoDaddy coupon codes.

•••
So M+M is running a promo on .work and .casa here 10 free domains in each extension....

These are the 10 .work I picked up:

heroes
minions
minion
superheroes
superhero
supervillians
supervillian
villainy
villians
villian

•••
I am seeing WORK at over 47,000 domains now. Even though M and M are giving out some free names, they are still at only 24% parked.
I personally do not like the fact that some of the names have been given away but they will probably still be carried over after the 1 year point if they are decent enough names.

Can only hope that the extension continues to do well.

Cheers

•••
I am seeing WORK at over 47,000 domains now. Even though M and M are giving out some free names, they are still at only 24% parked.
I personally do not like the fact that some of the names have been given away but they will probably still be carried over after the 1 year point if they are decent enough names.

Can only hope that the extension continues to do well.

Cheers

I see a secondary market for .Work in the future.

•••
24% parked ? Where did you see this ?

I just checked the .work zone and the top 100 NS are as follows:
Code:
  14532 ns4.mindsandmachines.com.
  14532 ns3.mindsandmachines.com.
  14532 ns2.mindsandmachines.com.
  14532 ns1.mindsandmachines.com.
  2574 ns-us.1and1-dns.us.
  2574 ns-us.1and1-dns.org.
  2574 ns-us.1and1-dns.de.
  2574 ns-us.1and1-dns.com.
  2281 dummysecondary.pleasecontactsupport.com.
  2271 blockedduetospam.pleasecontactsupport.com.
  1415 ns2.sedoparking.com.
  1413 ns1.sedoparking.com.
  1295 ns02.cashparking.com.
  1295 ns01.cashparking.com.
  1264 ns40.domaincontrol.com.
  1264 ns39.domaincontrol.com.
  1164 ns2.regaldomain.com.
  1164 ns1.regaldomain.com.
  1026 ns4.regaldomain.com.
  1026 ns3.regaldomain.com.
  678 ns2.tenebrous.work.
  678 ns1.tenebrous.work.
  593 dns5.registrar-servers.com.
  593 dns4.registrar-servers.com.
  593 dns3.registrar-servers.com.
  593 dns2.registrar-servers.com.
  593 dns1.registrar-servers.com.
  511 ns3.dodns.net.
  511 ns2.dodns.net.
  511 ns1.dodns.net.
  506 dns5.name-services.com.
  506 dns4.name-services.com.
  506 dns3.name-services.com.
  506 dns2.name-services.com.
  506 dns1.name-services.com.
  504 ns2.s541-cl14.thsv.net.
  485 ns76.domaincontrol.com.
  485 ns75.domaincontrol.com.
  461 us.dnsenable.com.
  461 tr.dnsenable.com.
  461 eu.dnsenable.com.
  423 ns42.domaincontrol.com.
  423 ns41.domaincontrol.com.
  406 ns50.domaincontrol.com.
  406 ns49.domaincontrol.com.
  391 ns2.instradns.com.
  386 ns3.instradns.com.
  386 ns1.instradns.com.
  374 dns2.onamae.com.
  374 dns1.onamae.com.
  367 ns28.domaincontrol.com.
  367 ns27.domaincontrol.com.
  366 ns2.speedydns.net.
  366 ns1.speedydns.net.
  337 ns62.domaincontrol.com.
  337 ns61.domaincontrol.com.
  317 ns20.domaincontrol.com.
  317 ns19.domaincontrol.com.
  285 ns2.hover.com.
  285 ns1.hover.com.
  275 ns2.verification-hold.suspended-domain.com.
  275 ns1.verification-hold.suspended-domain.com.
  270 ns14.domaincontrol.com.
  270 ns13.domaincontrol.com.
  269 ns2.afternic.com.
  269 ns1.afternic.com.
  268 ns1.voodoo.com.
  267 f1g1ns2.dnspod.net.
  267 f1g1ns1.dnspod.net.
  265 ns2.digitalocean.com.
  265 ns1.digitalocean.com.
  256 ns3.digitalocean.com.
  256 ns16.domaincontrol.com.
  256 ns15.domaincontrol.com.
  245 dns.site5.com.
  245 dns2.site5.com.
  242 ns04.domaincontrol.com.
  242 ns03.domaincontrol.com.
  237 ns5.101domain.com.
  237 ns2.101domain.com.
  237 ns1.101domain.com.
  230 ns08.domaincontrol.com.
  230 ns07.domaincontrol.com.
  223 ns64.domaincontrol.com.
  223 ns63.domaincontrol.com.
  221 ns2.youronlinereports.com.
  221 ns1.youronlinereports.com.
  219 ns3.systemdns.com.
  219 ns2.systemdns.com.
  219 ns1.systemdns.com.
  216 ns54.domaincontrol.com.
  216 ns53.domaincontrol.com.
  195 c.dns.gandi.net.
  195 b.dns.gandi.net.
  195 a.dns.gandi.net.
  194 ns2.voodoo.com.
  193 ns68.domaincontrol.com.
  193 ns67.domaincontrol.com.
  193 ns66.domaincontrol.com.
  193 ns65.domaincontrol.com.
At first glance, you don't see so many parked domains. But a lot of domains are using registrar DNS, in most cases they are probably undeveloped and still pointing to a placeholder page. If you crawl each domain one by one, you could push the analysis further.

Total count: 46973

For the purpose of discussion, I don't think the present growth trends can last because it's a niche TLD, not really an all-purpose extension. The low price may be a factor driving the spike in registrations.
In comparison .biz is still considered junk, yet is has 2M regs and is a hell more mainstream.

•••
Hi guys - New here and YES its a plug (but waiting on a response from Eric so I can advertise this) but we are doing .WORK @ $1.59/yr for Reg/Transfer and Bulk - Press release out next week on this. KoreDomains.com Please PM me re Advertising rates for the site.. thx - Derek

Kore,

I can't find KOREDOMAINS in the list of Registrars in Sedo.

Are you reselling for eNom or others?

Your pricing is very good.

Thanks

•••
@ sdsinc
24% parked ? Where did you see this ?

I am pulling information as it is stated from the nTLD stats.
It states as follows:
49,184 (0.81%) Total Domains (in .WORK) given percentage of new gTLDs listed.

48,380 (98.37%) Domains in Zonefile (Total count domains in Zonefile) given percentage of total .WORK domains

118 (0.24%) Signed Zones (Total count of domains with DNSSEC) given percentage of total .WORK domains

11,419 (23.22%) Parked Domains (which is labled as: Total count of domains with parking page or no content) given percentage of total .WORK domains

The stats given from this site seem to follow all other information that I have found for other extensions. I have no reason to believe that the information here is grossly out of line but who knows for sure.

Cheers

•••
All decent are either premium or registered,but still i found few that i liked,so i regged:

analytical.work
authorised.work
calculate.work
decorative.work
distribute.work
licensed.work
organise.work
paying.work
selective.work
synchronize.work

•••
lol :) u have done extra work registering all work's :)

have registered only veryurgent.work

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back