Domain Empire

Updated NamePros Marketplace Thread Limits

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Dear NamePros Members,

As one of the largest free marketplaces for domainers and developers, we strive to keep a well organized and spam-free marketplace that gives each seller a fair opportunity to be seen. Towards this goal we are implementing a few small changes to the NamePros marketplace rules regarding the number of threads that can be started and maintained as well as how "bumps" are defined and can be used.

Starting October 2, 2011, we are replacing the current rule of "one new thread per marketplace forum per day" with a new limitation of "2 new threads per day in the Marketplace". This limit will be automatically enforced by the forum software.

Supporters and Business Members are not currently limited by our software as to the number of threads that can be created per day. We ask that Supporters respect a limit of 4 new marketplace threads per day, and Business Members up to 6.

On November 4 an additional feature will be available in the NamePros marketplace to help you monitor the number of "active" threads you have in the marketplace. With this new tool in place, the following thread limits will be enforced automatically:

Free Members up to 2 active Marketplace threads at a time
Supporters up to 4 active Marketplace threads at a time
Business Members up to 6 active Marketplace threads at a time

An "active" thread is defined as any marketplace sales thread that you wish to keep open and visible to marketplace visitors. You can keep your thread active by adding a reply yourself before the 30 day period.

We are implementing this change to encourage sellers to close their marketplace threads when a domain is sold or an offer is no longer available. Marketplace threads will automatically close after 30 days without a reply. Sellers can close their threads at any time before then OR, if you do not wish your thread to close you can keep it active by posting a "BUMP" in the thread.

A BUMP is a reply in your own sales thread intended to keep your thread active and move it to the top of the forum's New Posts list. Bumping is permitted, but ONLY if your thread has gone 24 HOURS without a reply. You can use a bump to make updates to your sale or simply to to remind viewers your offer is still available. (If there have been less than 24 hours since the last reply, you can edit your previous post instead of using a BUMP.)

We hope that these changes will be a positive influence on the NamePros marketplace for buyers and sellers. If you have any questions or concerns, you can speak to me or any member of the NamePros team.

Sincerely,

RJ
NamePros Admin

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the update RJ :)

•••
I've been trying to close a thread of mine, but can't find any option? Could you please guide me on how to do it?

•••
I've been trying to close a thread of mine, but can't find any option? Could you please guide me on how to do it?

Go into your thread, then click "Thread Tools" top right of the first post. Then in the drop down menu select "Close Thread" and click "Perform Action".

If you still don't see the option, please send me a pm with a link to the thread and I'll look into it.

Hope that helps,

Eric Lyon

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back