Dynadot

strategy Unlocking Value Through BIG Data

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Whizzbang

VIP Member
ParkLogic.com
Impact
In this article, I’m going to let you into a little secret. You may not have heard of anyone else approaching domains the way I’m about to outline but in my opinion, it’s the future. These ideas are what keep me so entranced by domains.

If you are wanting to extract the maximum amount of value from your domain names then the answer is in the data. It really doesn’t make a difference whether you are a buyer, seller, developer or traffic monetizer, the key to generating additional revenue always comes back to the numbers.

As I’ve spoken at conferences or written different blogs I’ve been accused of many things but there has been one consistent accusation that I’m actually quite proud. “You’re always banging on about the numbers!” I love my numbers and more than that, I love trying to interpret what they are telling me.

Over the past 10 years, my ParkLogic business partner and I have continued to be fascinated by domain names because the data tells so many different stories. We’ve taken this to the extreme level by tracking around 250 different metrics for every domain on our platform each day. This leads to hundreds of millions of data points that can be algorithmically analyzed and trend curves plotted over time to see where the next seam of gold will come from.

Read More >>

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are several other key metrics that I would love to add to our pool of data. Weather being one. Why is this? I want to know if there is more a propensity to buy a domain if it’s raining than if it’s sunny outside. Or are people more likely to click on an advertisement when it’s cold versus send the traffic directly to a zero-click solution.

great

now when you know the rain and cold weather helps

...all you need to do is stop global warning

•••
•••
@Whizzbang this is a very interesting field and will have a big impact in the near further, what is the best success rate you did achieve between the apparesial and close price? did you try making hybrids system using this 250 algo?

•••
@Whizzbang this is a very interesting field and will have a big impact in the near further, what is the best success rate you did achieve between the apparesial and close price? did you try making hybrids system using this 250 algo?
Many thanks for your comment. We've applied the majority of our efforts on the traffic monetisation side of our business and have plans to analytically tackle sales later this year. You may have seen some of my articles on my thoughts on sales over at my blog last year and I think earlier this year. Here's the links to a couple of them.
http://whizzbangsblog.com/article-archive/how-to-price-your-domains-for-any-market
http://whizzbangsblog.com/article-archive/how-to-price-your-domains-for-any-market-1

•••
i relay love the philosophy behind your work, supply and demand biased on google volume and cpc and this is one of indicator to appraisal domain, but what if the domain is braindable one with very low traffic + cpc before building company around e.g spacex? about roi domain price is it 1.5 or 2.5 years with %100 ms* keyword cpc?

•••
Where the methodology falls down is in specific circumstances with a highly motivated buyer. In such circumstances you essentially go off the asymptote of the demand curve. Given the average price is around the $1500 per domain these sort of sales are not the norm......although I wish they would be!

I think there needs to be a lot more thought put into my proposed methodology.....but I'm glad it's getting the creative juices flowing :)

•••
I'm getting 403 error on your links

•••
•••
in this field there is no such %100 success ratio but it will give you some indicator that you did never think about it as humane ben, i wish you luck and i hope you can make it online soon :)

•••
Had a look at parklogic

Can you provide couple links to participating domains? Want to have a look how it looks.

Also, how does "auctioning to highest paying partner" work? Can you give examples of some partners?

•••
Had a look at parklogic

Can you provide couple links to participating domains? Want to have a look how it looks.

Also, how does "auctioning to highest paying partner" work? Can you give examples of some partners?
Some of our partners are listed at the bottom of the page (just scroll down). Just below the testimonials. Depending on a wide range of factors, you will see any number of parked pages to direct advertisers. It has less to do with the page being displayed and more to do with the optimisation between all of the different partners that allows us to extract the greatest yield. We've been doing this now for over 10 years......and still going strong :) PM me and we can arrange time to have a chat.

•••
I tried to follow the link but the page stalled. ?

•••
I tried to follow the link but the page stalled. ?
Depending upon your geo-location I actually firewall some places out. Try going to http://whizzbangsblog.com and then select the Article Archive menu and "Articles by Category". There are a lot of articles here but the ones you may be after are the "Sales" related.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back