Domain Empire

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi All,

Just a quick question. Which information or functions would you like to see in your Dashboard from both a buyer and seller perspective? We're in the process of revamping that section and would love your input early in the development process.

Kind regards,

Reza

I'll use this opportunity to also request for improvements in other areas
  • Analytics/Stats - Yes.
  • Also, better formatting of replies in negotiation/chat - specifically, retaining paragraphing/line breaks at a min and also possibly emphasis and strong formatting capabilities
  • Two Factor authentication
  • Tagging/labeling for organization
  • Tracking of expiry dates in the portfolio view

Last edited:
•••
Any chance in the future for a push to auction option like Sedo has? Would be interesting to have an offer then push to auction and do some outbound / marketing to draw in some more bidders for a better return possibly.

•••
Hi All,

Just a quick question. Which information or functions would you like to see in your Dashboard from both a buyer and seller perspective? We're in the process of revamping that section and would love your input early in the development process.

Kind regards,

Reza

Live Traffic Stats for each domain including how many times a visitor actually sees our prices (minimum or BIN) and how many abandon that offer page. That would be very interesting information to see.
How many of those visitors are repeat visitors?

Also would be really cool if you could weed out bots, there are so many bots visiting our names.

•••
SSL Secured for sale pages have landed in the domain industry! Brought to you by Undeveloped:

https://selldomains.app/

All .app domains you'll park with us will now have SSL enabled! We're now rolling out SSL to all extensions gradually to avoid any issues causing for example downtime.

SSL support for .com's will be launched last and I expect that'll happen before Friday.

What do we expect this new feature will do for you?

1: More sales (fewer Chrome users will bump into security blocks)

2: Better ranking in Google (Your for sale pages will get indexed significantly better according to our SEO advisors)

Happy selling!

Reza

Last edited:
•••
Does this mean we will not have to redirect to Undeveloped 'buy now' landing pages anymore to have ssl enabled, and visitors will have ssl enabled on our domains?
Just wanted to be sure if I understand...

Last edited:
•••
SSL Secured for sale pages have landed in the domain industry! Brought to you by Undeveloped:

All .app domains you'll park with us will now have SSL enabled! We're now rolling out SSL to all extensions gradually to avoid any issues causing for example downtime.

SSL support for .com's will be launched last and I expect that'll happen before Friday.

2: Better ranking in Google (Your for sale pages will get indexed significantly better according to our SEO advisors)

Happy selling!

Reza

Nice one, Reza!

You guys rock!

•••
Does this mean we will not have to redirect to Undeveloped 'buy now' landing pages anymore to have ssl enabled, and visitors will have ssl enabled on our domains?
Just wanted to be sure if I understand...

Exactly!

•••

Happy selling!

Reza
Lead the way, Reza! :xf.grin:

•••
•••
upload_2018-5-30_0-51-22.png

Can we opt out now? @Undeveloped

•••
It would be nice to be able to add SEO keywords related to the domain for better search results. It would also be nice to be able to bulk import / update the description and keywords since most experienced domainers have all of their domains and details on spreadsheets.

•••
It would be nice to be able to add SEO keywords related to the domain for better search results. It would also be nice to be able to bulk import / update the description and keywords since most experienced domainers have all of their domains and details on spreadsheets.
You are able to add keyword density in the "Say something about this domain" section. However, I agree that the ability to bulk-edit descriptions is much needed.

•••
You are able to add keyword density in the "Say something about this domain" section. However, I agree that the ability to bulk-edit descriptions is much needed.

Yeah, I'm thinking the best work-around would be to write the description and then at bottom list keywords you couldn't work into the description, but I would also prefer to be able to insert the keywords into the meta headers for the crawlers.

•••
So, I have another question in case anybody has had the same problem and found a solution. I would like to keep my dns managed at the registrar to keep access to my email, so can I just setup 'A' records to point to ns1.undeveloped.com and ns2.undeveloped.com? I know I have done this in the past with some other sites and it worked but I haven't been able to get it to work in this case.

•••
So, I have another question in case anybody has had the same problem and found a solution. I would like to keep my dns managed at the registrar to keep access to my email, so can I just setup 'A' records to point to ns1.undeveloped.com and ns2.undeveloped.com? I know I have done this in the past with some other sites and it worked but I haven't been able to get it to work in this case.
Reza has clarified elsewhere in this thread that it is a possibility. You'll have to dig through to find the associated IP address, but it's in here somewhere!

•••
•••
•••

Hi,

Please don't use the nameservers in the A records but this IP address instead: 52.58.78.16

That should do the trick!

Kind regards,
Reza

•••

Great feedback. Noted!

Not yet. Due to our scale, we have to launch SSL support for each TLD's carefully and gradually so not all extensions are supported yet.

Any chance in the future for a push to auction option like Sedo has? Would be interesting to have an offer then push to auction and do some outbound / marketing to draw in some more bidders for a better return possibly.

Likely not in the very near future but after DAN is live we could revive our auction platform and integrate it directly in the marketplace and allow this kind of actions.

•••
Hi,

Please don't use the nameservers in the A records but this IP address instead: 52.58.78.16

That should do the trick!

Kind regards,
Reza

Thanks, Reza, that worked! So now, just in case anybody missed it, I was able to modify my domain's dns so that I point my domain to Undeveloped.com's servers (not their two noted nameservers) using the above noted IP address entered into my dns "A" record while still having everything else including mail go through another host. I appreciate the help on this.

•••
I'll use this opportunity to also request for improvements in other areas
  • Analytics/Stats - Yes.
  • Also, better formatting of replies in negotiation/chat - specifically, retaining paragraphing/line breaks at a min and also possibly emphasis and strong formatting capabilities
  • Two Factor authentication
  • Tagging/labeling for organization
  • Tracking of expiry dates in the portfolio view
This is a fantastic list.

I'd really like to reiterate the importance of formatting in chats. There's an air of professionalism lost when unable to clearly format one's text. I'll echo anantj in saying that even line breaks would be sufficient.

•••
I'll echo anantj in saying that even line breaks would be sufficient.
I completely agree.
A line breaks is also needed in the domain description field. I somehow writing about it in the thread

•••
@Undeveloped

so whats the deal with the landers not being same (domain searchbar on top etc) when we redirect to you via url.. versus doing a dns change?

I mean, can you officially say that you do this cause its technologically not feasible to have same landers in both cases? or do you do this to just get more folk to change their dns to yours cause u somehow benefit from it?

why not just make it simple for all your clinets.. and let them have same lander no matter if they wanna url to you or dns to you.

for some people its just much easier to redirect. why should they be penalized by seeing that stupid domain search bar on top of lander if they do this?

•••
@Undeveloped

so whats the deal with the landers not being same (domain searchbar on top etc) when we redirect to you via url.. versus doing a dns change?

I mean, can you officially say that you do this cause its technologically not feasible to have same landers in both cases? or do you do this to just get more folk to change their dns to yours cause u somehow benefit from it?

why not just make it simple for all your clinets.. and let them have same lander no matter if they wanna url to you or dns to you.

for some people its just much easier to redirect. why should they be penalized by seeing that stupid domain search bar on top of lander if they do this?

I imagine there are technical, or business reasons (or unintended).

Not everything every company does is nefarious.

None-the-less. You could add "?redirected=true" to the end of your redirect to eliminate the search bar.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back