Dynadot

Undeveloped.com Experience

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does anyone getting charged with 21% vat on undeveloped commission?
I've sold some domains on Undeveloped and just noticed that I am being charged with 21% vat over undeveloped commission every time I sell a domain. Is this normal?

I don't live in EU.

Transaction ID : 40518
Sale price : $70
Got message :
We just sent the payment of $62.38. This transaction is now closed. Again, congratulations and thank you for using Undeveloped!

Shouldn't it be $63.7 ($70-9%)?

How I can say VAT was added?
9% of $70 = $6.3 + 21% on it = $7.623 = With VAT
So it resulted into 62.38

But it should be $63.7?

Hi Singh,

You don't live in EU but did submit in your account that you're based in Germany causing this issue.

So as an Indian seller it's not normal to pay VAT over the commission and if you handle this with Simon he'll refund you the VAT once you've corrected your billing settings.

Take care,
Reza

•••
Hi Singh,

You don't live in EU but did submit in your account that you're based in Germany causing this issue.

So as an Indian seller it's not normal to pay VAT over the commission and if you handle this with Simon he'll refund you the VAT once you've corrected your billing settings.

Take care,
Reza
Thanks for helping me out so quick!

Issue is sorted.

•••
All I get is 1 ~ 2 fake inquiries a month... I have accepted few offers.. No payment was ever received..

•••
All I get is 1 ~ 2 fake inquiries a month... I have accepted few offers.. No payment was ever received..
That happens everywhere. Unfortunately part of this business.

I have sold several at Undeveloped. Bin and negotiation. Still my favorite landers in the business to this day and don't regret using them.

•••
Undeveloped is currently down.

•••
•••
Undeveloped is currently down.

I've been unable to access their site for a few hours now. The landing pages seem to be down as well.

•••
Quick update: we’re back online. Had a unknown issue with our load balancer. We’re redirecting traffic to another server until we’ve found out what caused the issue.

Our server monitors didn’t catch up the server issue, which is extremely strange.

We’re now researching what happened and I’ll update you all once we’ve found the source.

We have extensive safeguards in place for what happened last night, but the safeguards failed for some reason.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
•••
Quick follow-up:

We've identified the core cause now. As you know we're rolling out SSL on all parked domains with us and last night the certificate generator (which is connected to our load balancer since we are not allowed to generate certificates for non-active domains) all of sudden started sputtering and eventually took down the entire load balancer. This is absolutely not normal behavior so we're researching what the core cause has been and fixing it so we can continue completing generating the remaining certificates.

We have extensive safeguards in place for what happened last night, but the safeguards failed for some reason. We're looking into this as we speak and implementing a fix to prevent this situation from happening again.

Again, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

•••
Quick follow-up update:

The initiator of the issue was our hosting provider AWS (Amazon). They had a problem in their EC2 VPC network which impacted our service and caused the strange issue at our load balancer hosted with them:

https://phd.aws.amazon.com/phd/home#/event-log?Start time=2018-07-18T10:05:45 to 2018-07-19T10:05:45&End time=2018-07-18T10:05:45 to 2018-07-19T10:05:45&Status=Closed / Completed&eventID=arn:aws:health:eu-central-1::event/AWS_EC2_VPC_NETWORK_HEALTH_INTRA_AZ_ISSUE_2018_07_19_00_43_00_3066&eventTab=details&layout=vertical

The issue began at Thu, 19 Jul 2018 00:43:00 GMT (exactly when our load balancer started showing issues).

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 10.18.57.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 10.20.11.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 10.20.11.png

Likely because Amazon has had their own server issues due to Prime Day, they couldn't fix the issue vigorously for their clients since our servers did go online again after their quick fix but our load balancer didn't.

Last edited:
•••
I think this is now becoming an important thing to discuss.

When ever a seller creates new account at Undeveloped and adds me as a lead, I get mail to pay in X EUR but it has to be X USD.

The issue is when they created an account and added me as a lead, Undeveloped takes that default currency EUR into consideration which disturbs the overall process.

How to solve this?

Can we please have default as USD and not EUR so this doesn't happen further?

•••
I think this is now becoming an important thing to discuss.

When ever a seller creates new account at Undeveloped and adds me as a lead, I get mail to pay in X EUR but it has to be X USD.

The issue is when they created an account and added me as a lead, Undeveloped takes that default currency EUR into consideration which disturbs the overall process.

How to solve this?

Can we please have default as USD and not EUR so this doesn't happen further?

Hi Singh,

That seller has to set USD in his/her account. Please note that the issue you raise is caused by the seller not us. If you're a new user, it's advised to set up your account properly first and then start selling.

We try to make it as easy as possible but do require our users to put some effort in as well.

Hope that makes sense,

Reza

•••
Hi Singh,

That seller has to set USD in his/her account. Please note that the issue you raise is caused by the seller not us. If you're a new user, it's advised to set up your account properly first and then start selling.

We try to make it as easy as possible but do require our users to put some effort in as well.

Hope that makes sense,

Reza
I understand your point and it seems fair.

But majority of audience deals in USD, so I think if it would default to USD instead of EUR that would make process more simpler for new audience.

It's just a suggestion. I am fine with how it works as I am not a new user and understand the process very well.

I just shared what I experienced recently with 2 new users as a seller...

Last edited:
•••
I understand your point and it seems fair.

But majority of audience deals in USD, so I think if it would default to USD instead of EUR that would make process more simpler for new audience.

It's just a suggestion. I am fine with how it works as I am not a new user and understand the process very well.

I just shared what I experienced recently with 2 new users as a seller...

Thanks for understanding Singh. You have a good point there. At the moment 41% of all transactions are in USD while a couple months back that wasn't the case. Based on the above, it does make sense to make the standard currency USD so we'll proceed and implement that.

•••
Quick follow-up update:

The initiator of the issue was our hosting provider AWS (Amazon). They had a problem in their EC2 VPC network which impacted our service and caused the strange issue at our load balancer hosted with them:

https://phd.aws.amazon.com/phd/home#/event-log?Start time=2018-07-18T10:05:45 to 2018-07-19T10:05:45&End time=2018-07-18T10:05:45 to 2018-07-19T10:05:45&Status=Closed / Completed&eventID=arn:aws:health:eu-central-1::event/AWS_EC2_VPC_NETWORK_HEALTH_INTRA_AZ_ISSUE_2018_07_19_00_43_00_3066&eventTab=details&layout=vertical

The issue began at Thu, 19 Jul 2018 00:43:00 GMT (exactly when our load balancer started showing issues).

Show attachment 93386 Show attachment 93387 Show attachment 93387
Likely because Amazon has had their own server issues due to Prime Day, they couldn't fix the issue vigorously for their clients since our servers did go online again after their quick fix but our load balancer didn't.
Thank you for the informative update, Reza.

You try to be ready for all possible issues and be as redundant as possible, but when a load balancer or data center issue arises - I understand there is nothing you can do but wait on someone else to resolve their issue while your customers are impacted. One of the most helpless feelings in the world as a business owner and their IT team.

•••
Thank you for the informative update, Reza.

You try to be ready for all possible issues and be as redundant as possible, but when a load balancer or data center issue arises - I understand there is nothing you can do but wait on someone else to resolve their issue while your customers are impacted. One of the most helpless feelings in the world as a business owner and their IT team.

Hi Michael,

Exactly, it's very stressful as downtime is absolutely not accepted. Especially when you dedicate so much time on building safeguards to prevent this from happening. Thank you for your understanding :) and the comforting words. It solidifies why we care so much about what we do and who we do it for!

Take care,
Reza

•••
Is it possible that Undeveloped.com maintains a page where they list all their login ID and email address of registrar?

Example :

GoDaddy
Username : XXX
Email : [email protected]

Similar for Enom and others.

I think it has become more important as now even enom needs login id of the other party for domain push (for reseller).

Official latest update : https://help.enom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007349412-Enabling-Domain-Pushing

My created thread : https://www.namepros.com/threads/en...est-in-order-for-domain-to-be-pushed.1091672/

Both the parties (sender/receiver) will need to know login id of each other as per above thread.

How you see this suggestion?

Kind Regards,
Hooda

Last edited:
•••
One more domain sold on Wednesday, payment just received, thanks Undeveloped ( great platform ).

Just one suggestions, can we have an option to add more bank accounts to receive payments, for example one in euro, one in usd and one in Pounds, because we losing money in currency exchanges

Thanks in advance

•••
Quick suggestion:

Detect forwarding as Parked with Undeveloped - so it is easier to spot if sellers have an issue with a domain. (expiring/improper forwarding/etc)

I understand this would take crawling each domain to 100% detect the redirect - but maybe you could just use the referrer when you get a hit on a domain (that is not using your NS). If the referrer is the same as the domain then count the domain as parked.

Thanks as always!

•••
Is it possible that Undeveloped.com maintains a page where they list all their login ID and email address of registrar?

Example :

GoDaddy
Username : XXX
Email : [email protected]

Similar for Enom and others.

I think it has become more important as now even enom needs login id of the other party for domain push (for reseller).

Official latest update : https://help.enom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007349412-Enabling-Domain-Pushing

My created thread : https://www.namepros.com/threads/en...est-in-order-for-domain-to-be-pushed.1091672/

Both the parties (sender/receiver) will need to know login id of each other as per above thread.

How you see this suggestion?

Kind Regards,
Hooda

Hi Hooda,

It's a good suggestion but also error-prone. For example when we change accounts or a process changes at the registrar's end, then sellers could push the domain to the wrong account or run into other issues.

Kind regards,
Reza

One more domain sold on Wednesday, payment just received, thanks Undeveloped ( great platform ).

Just one suggestions, can we have an option to add more bank accounts to receive payments, for example one in euro, one in usd and one in Pounds, because we losing money in currency exchanges

Thanks in advance

Hi Bonin,

Congrats on the sale!

Multiple accounts would make the payout process more complex as we'd then have to verify every time which account you'd like to use.

Currently, you can already ask your escrow agent to pay you out in your preferred currency regardless of the sale currency.

Especially if you'd like to get paid out in USD instead of EUR, we'd love to facilitate that as we have too big USD reserves.

Kind regards,
Reza

Quick suggestion:

Detect forwarding as Parked with Undeveloped - so it is easier to spot if sellers have an issue with a domain. (expiring/improper forwarding/etc)

I understand this would take crawling each domain to 100% detect the redirect - but maybe you could just use the referrer when you get a hit on a domain (that is not using your NS). If the referrer is the same as the domain then count the domain as parked.

Thanks as always!

Hi Michael,

Do you mean IP forwarding or a plain redirect? When you park with us by using a-records we already spot this and mark the domain as parked. For plain redirects, we don't have anything in place (yet).

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
Hi Michael,

Do you mean IP forwarding or a plain redirect? When you park with us by using a-records we already spot this and mark the domain as parked. For plain redirects, we don't have anything in place (yet).

Kind regards,
Reza

Plain redirect. No huge deal, thought I'd mention it to keep you guys busy. :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
Question in regards to improving your chance of sales:

1) How important is it to make your profile? Like adding a bio, an avatar image etc. do buyers even care about this?

2) Does the description for each item actually affect SEO? I am assuming it just fills in the <meta description> tag?

•••

1) How important is it to make your profile? Like adding a bio, an avatar image etc. do buyers even care about this?

2) Does the description for each item actually affect SEO? I am assuming it just fills in the <meta description> tag?

Good questions. I would like to know as well.

•••
Great questions! I'd like to know as I have made no sales there at all. I've lowered my prices somewhat and even have BIN on most domains with payment plans offered but no bites. I have no profile but never did in the past anyway, elsewhere.

•••
Plain redirect. No huge deal, thought I'd mention it to keep you guys busy. :ROFL:

Haha thank you :).

Hi Alex,

1: Buyers do care about that. Especially for end-users that are buying on the secondary market for the first time, it helps to build trust.

The world isn't as domain-savvy as we are. The more unclarity or questions your potential buyers will have, the lower your chance of selling the domain will be. In this case, having a profile will give clarity about ownership and your intent (described in your BIO).

So having a profile that looks trustworthy in a blink of an eye, with some details about you does really help.

2: Adding relevant content also helps improving how unique your for sale page is. We see Google indexing and ranking domains with content better and earlier than domains without unique content.

We're almost done making our text editor feature ready to launch. So soon (likely next week) you'll also have rich format editing tools to make the content you add look better.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back