IT.COM

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Everyone in this thread, please allow me to thank you all for your support so far!

Since I'm the public spokesperson for DAN I tend to get all the kudos but we would have been nothing without the great team that powers DAN.

Behind the scenes, we're working extremely hard, every single day without any exceptions to keep pushing it. I would like to take this brief moment of reflection to thank our growing team for pushing it hard to make DAN a reality.

And of course you, our loyal sellers that have allowed us to get here by supporting us through thick and thin. When we bundle our forces, nothing and nobody can stop us from accomplishing that that we've been waiting for for so long.

We're humbled by the overwhelming supportive messages and can't wait to show you the next big updates soon :).

Happy selling!

Reza
On a side note, you said in a post here that you had deal with payoneer and will give it as a payout option once the change happens. I dont see the payoneer option and Can we request payment via payoneer same way as payment requests for transferwise?

Last edited:
•••
The lander pages really need a tag line under or alongside the DAN.COM name in the upper left. I showed it to three friends and all of them first asked "What is DAN ?".

•••
Another thing: Many people are saying that DAN being a 3L lends credibility to their brand. I think that's nonsense.

Don't get me wrong, I love this platform, but end users don't give a damn about the price of 3L's and what it means to DOMAINERS.

Here is a question: How many of you use online services that are 3 letters long ? How about end users you know, how many of them use 3L named sites every day ?

Humans (not us, we are droids) relate better to a name that is warm and fuzzy or a name they feel lends itself to the service. DAN does none of that.

If DAN is the choice, okay, but remember that humans use this service to buy domains and need to feel that company is something they can trust as being user friendly. "DAN" just does not convey that as it is right now.

Keep "DAN" but make it more obvious of your purpose to END USERS and make them feel good about using you. Right now it feels like it did when I first got into Unix 25 years ago and the nerds didn't want us there. Hell, even Sedo tries to make it friendly with smiling douchebags, lots of text and nice colors.

Other than the name, I love the improvements.

I have spoken, your mileage may vary, Merry Christmas, whatever.

Last edited:
•••
Another thing: Many people are saying that DAN being a 3L lends credibility to their brand. I think that's nonsense.

Don't get me wrong, I love this platform, but end users don't give a damn about the price of 3L's and what it means to DOMAINERS.

Here is a question: How many of you use online services that are 3 letters long ? How about end users you know, how many of them use 3L named sites every day ?

Humans (not us, we are droids) relate better to a name that is warm and fuzzy or a name they feel lends itself to the service. DAN does none of that.

My reaction is "Who is Dan?"

I look for some kind of graphic showing me who Dan is.

And a strapline/legend like DOMAINS AVAILABLE NOW.

I do know several cartoon characters named Dan.

http://www.dandare.com/

I do like the improvements overall.

•••
Hi Carob,

Can you please submit a screenshot including the machine/phone you're using via support? All these issues we can fix relatively quickly if we're aware of it. We have a responsive design which scales and should work on all screen sizes but there are always edge cases.

Thank you!

Reza

Hi Reza

My comment was half-joking. What I noticed before is when you re-visit the site that text animation keeps repeating and out of the corner of my eye I kept reading "bra" and "bus" not brand and business. Today the search button to the right of that seemed to cover a letter or two, but that seems fixed now.

But would you consider limiting the repetitions of that text animation? It seems to be set to infinite, personally I would prefer max 3 repetitions, or even none when logged in.

•••
Whois 2.0 is not working. I put every domain I have regstered on Undeveloped/DAN and says Domain in is not registered in DAN

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 10.59.09 AM.png

•••

If DAN is the choice, okay, but remember that humans use this service to buy domains and need to feel that company is something they can trust as being user friendly. "DAN" just does not convey that as it is right now.

Keep "DAN" but make it more obvious of your purpose to END USERS and make them feel good about using you. Right now it feels like it did when I first got into Unix 25 years ago and the nerds didn't want us there. Hell, even Sedo tries to make it friendly with smiling douchebags, lots of text and nice colors.

Other than the name, I love the improvements.

I have spoken, your mileage may vary, Merry Christmas, whatever.
I agree, end users don't know what 3L means.
Those who say it conveys trust and credibility are wrong. Visitors don't know nothing about 3Ls, it could have just been acquired by some random dude a long time ago. Could be an established business or a casual thief.

In the end, DAN, undeveloped or funkyweb doesn't really matter if you are #1. You just need to make things friendly and easy to understand, and make clear that this platform means business (total sales volume and live recent transactions on landers).

Total sales volume (100million +) and live recent transactions (3 minutes ago) on landers would really be bliss. Buyer feels normal buying a domain name, instantly.

•••
I agree, end users don't know what 3L means.
Those who say it conveys trust and credibility are wrong. Visitors don't know nothing about 3Ls, it could have just been acquired by some random dude a long time ago. Could be an established business or a casual thief.

In the end, DAN, undeveloped or funkyweb doesn't really matter if you are #1. You just need to make things friendly and easy to understand, and make clear that this platform means business (total sales volume and live recent transactions on landers).

Total sales volume (100million +) and live recent transactions (3 minutes ago) on landers would really be bliss. Buyer feels normal buying a domain name, instantly.
+1 having the platform brief(sales volume and resent transaction) on each landing page is a good idea, provided it won't look too busy

•••
+1 having the platform brief(sales volume and resent transaction) on each landing page is a good idea, provided it won't look too busy
I'm worried because someone said yesterday that they took it off homepage because it might have been taking too much resources at the time.
@Reza I hope it doable on each and every lander.

DAN.com
$100.000.000+ in domain sales.

Recent transactions
20 minutes ago, 30 minutes ago, 1 hour ago.

Buyer is impressed, feels normal buying a domain name among many people and knows transaction is going to be handled very quickly by an active support team.

Better than landing on a year 1999 page with a contact form where you fear you might wait 3 weeks for a reply, or get spammed with dvds lol.

Keep domain landers sales and fact focused.
For example if you want to let them know that the process is fast, convey the message in a simple manner.
Not that they're going to be talking to a robot that will handle the transaction robotically through blockchain technology lol.

''Hello, I am DAN, I will be handling the transaction from now on'', is a nice and impressing welcome.
But it has to be after they visit landers.

•••
The reason they say it conveys trust and personalization is because Dan is an actual name for a human. Brands as first names is very popular the last so many years. They are relatable and friendly. I take no issue with the name acronym or not.

It all boils down to one thing. The customer is looking at your name more than the site name. Domains sit on landers all over the internet. I think Dan looks way better than many others. Ultimately the site name doesn’t matter the service does.

•••
•••
Meanwhile,
I am netsol robot 1$ registration $40 renewal bipbip.
Customer complaint detected robchain technology activated whois deleted domain hijacking completed autoshutdown bipbip.

security measure customer ip blocked bipbip.

Then, satisfied, netsols CEO had a cookie.

Last edited:
•••
•••
how about adding domain SALES history to dan? shows successes!

•••
@Reza

Great work on the site. I am an investor in primarily .in domains, the Indian cctld. Their indrp process is quite strict so it is important to show you plan to develop domains. As such, it would be great if undeveloped/dan could offer a landing page which has no mention of sale at all.

i.e. it has a banner which says "this domain may be for sale" and then only has a contact form with some options given to us users for the fields (i.e. prospective buyers need to give name, email, offer etc.

Would this be possible? This is the only thing holding me back from using undeveloped!

•••
•••
Like namebio?
sort of , just post what domains sell thru dan on dan, i would want to show off any domains sold on my site. shows that it works and people like to see successes

•••
sort of , just post what domains sell thru dan on dan, i would want to show off any domains sold on my site. shows that it works and people like to see successes
A list of all domains sold through DAN today, yesterday, forever. Without prices.
I believe there's no need to hide behind an nda if there's no price shown.

At the moment I like it a lot, because there's no prices.
sold.PNG

I think ALL domains sold through DAN should appear publicly on a database, then let each of us check a box if we'd like to make price public.

•••
A list of all domains sold through DAN today, yesterday, forever. Without prices.
I believe there's no need to hide behind an nda if there's no price shown.

At the moment I like it a lot, because there's no prices.
Show attachment 121862

I think ALL domains sold through DAN should appear publicly on a database, then let each of us check a box if we'd like to make price public.
cool

•••
We've actually built DAN is such a way that Sedo, Godaddy & Escrow.com could use our API to use DAN to handle their transactions as well. It is our mission to allow the core technology we've built to spread across the entire industry to ensure DAN has a massive impact on the industry.
If implemented through other registrars like if they give you some access (I have no idea what I am talking about), could DAN for example take a domain registered at Dynadot and move it to Namesilo instantly without having to wait for 2 weeks transfer.
Or is it some ICANN rule that cannot change?

•••
site name doesnt matter haha.

In this context that is correct. Nobody is deciding to buy your name (or not) based on the site it is sitting on’s name. Way to twist my words.

•••
No stats are showing????? no views???

•••
I'd like to chime in and first of all say that I think getting this done (or in this case- Dan) is a great achievement and a much needed innovation that can lead the way for other marketplaces like Godaddy, Sedo et al to step up their game. Great job and thanks for making domainers and their needs a priority. Very few marketplaces do that.

Dan.com is a great domain but if I'm a buyer, it's not an obvious or natural name for a domain marketplace or system. I agree with those who say that the tagline explaining the acronym needs to be on display front and center. However, I too feel the term 'Domain Automation Network' isn't great from an end user perspective. The focus needs to be the domains and the buying, not the automation. I think the 'A' part should be something else like 'Domain Acquisition Network', as @DomainRecap suggested- keeping the focus on the acquisition and not the automation. The original acronym, Domain Automation Network, could still be used for the blockchain but for the site itself- Acquisition works much better and when potential buyers visit the site they'll immediately see the tagline 'Domain Acquisition Network' under the logo and know it's a place where domains are acquired.

Either way, looking forward to seeing how this will all unfold.

Last edited:
•••
Would like to have a button to message after the first offer

•••
Dan.com is a great domain but if I'm a buyer, it's not an obvious or natural name for a domain marketplace or system.

If you want a successful online business these days, you've got to help your customers fall in love with your service. In today's world the brand name must be a subconscious act. The GoDaddy brand name doesn't reflect reality, but alter reality and everyone feels it (Go-do-it, Do-more, Do-it-now).

Regards

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back