IT.COM

Undeveloped.com Experience

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's a pity, because now we won't know what exactly caused the issue. Please report problems not only in this forum thread when Haykay asks you but report them directly to our support so we can resolve them for you and others.
Lol. Seems you ve marked haykay for trouble.

•••
Just a comment to say I hope everyone keeps communicating and keeps a cool head.

Sometimes communicating styles cause confusion - there are several different styles going on here - buyer, seller/user, customer service, developer. Buyers tend to just get pissed off and say "it's not working" and a bit of hand holding is needed to guide them to doing it right or identifying the real issue. So the customer service style is "Wow I'm so sorry it's not working, what can I do help, because of course customers are always right and we apologise to you etc etc" to keep customer happy and feeling valued. Users/sellers can be as impatient as buyers, but have more interest in resolving system problems. And developers can say "We can't discuss something you can't document" and "works as planned" and that is the way developers talk to one another and can seem abrupt or unsympathetic to the layman who has not come across that before.

I'd encourage people to formally report issues to Undeveloped so the developers can keep up their good work of developing. Undeveloped is responsive and is developing fast, lets not lose sight of that and all the improvements we've seen.

I also wonder if on occasion error messages could unexpectedly result from busy servers, but I have no way of knowing.

•••
Thank you for asking everyone to come and post issues they had with the platform here. Hopefully, something substantial will come out of it...
@Undeveloped ..you guys are doing a great job ,which i really appreciate from swift response to seller protection .. what would have been better is if you can boldly state that we don't accept AMEX card at checkout ..please try other payment or contact a support agent ..atleast that would be beneficiary to all parties

•••
@Undeveloped ..you guys are doing a great job ,which i really appreciate from swift response to seller protection .. what would have been better is if you can boldly state that we don't accept AMEX card at checkout ..please try other payment or contact a support agent ..atleast that would be beneficiary to all parties

Hi Ayo,

That’s great feedback! I’ll discuss your proposal tomorrow with our product team to see what quick fix we can introduce to accomplish that.

One challenge is to identify when an Amex type of card is used. Another is that Adyen actually facilitates the payment page, and I’m not sure if we can run validations in their secure form for our purposes.

Anyway, we’ll look into it!

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
Hi Ayo,
One challenge is to identify when an Amex type of card is used. Another is that Adyen actually facilitates the payment page, and I’m not sure if we can run validations in their secure form for our purposes.

AMEX cards start with 34 or 37

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Undeveloped platform has been advancing for a long time now in terms of quality services to both sellers and buyers I only use their lander. But recently I noticed my buyers would move to godaddy or namecheap to get the name even though I had email them the undeveloped payment link. I don't really know the reason for this.
I strongly want the undeveloped term to look into the check out issue
If they can adopt ayorich suggestion, I believe it will be of help. Payment methods accepted and not accepted should be clearly displayed during checkout.
Thanks.

•••
Hi Kenralph,

Have you contacted our support?

If you had, Laszlo would have personally organized a call with the buyer and made sure the payment would be made.

As mentioned earlier, we've had zero instances where a buyer contacts us to explicitly pay with Amex which we haven't resolved. For example, buyers still can pay with Amex when they use Paypal.

Also, we're operating without offering Amex for years now without any issues. If someone really wants to purchase your domain, they'll find an alternative to pay with in the worst case.

Lastly, we believe having seller protection is more valuable than supporting Amex, which has a terrible reputation. We cope with 2-3 chargebacks a day and would be more profitable if we'd forward these write-offs to our sellers. By demanding Amex, you'll eventually introduce more pain than gains for yourself.

Kind regards,

Reza
you would save yourself alot of needless essay writing, by simply directing your team to conspicuously state at checkout page that AMEX mode of payment is not acceptable on UD.

Last edited:
•••
While I fully understand businesses not using Amex, it is important to also understand that most companies have their own Amex, and only Amex cards, just for business transactions.

I have been running dial-up, hosting, design, computer repair, consulting, you name it, businesses for over 30 years, in many different companies in different locations and without any exaggeration, have manually processed at least 10,000 credit card transactions. The number of Amex card holders is huge and if you do not allow for it you WILL lose business.

For example yesterday one of the law firms here on Long Island wanted to renew their hosting for 2 years, but wanted to pay by check. I told them we no longer accept checks and their first response was "We'll use the corp Amex card". When I deal with medical companies and credit cards, it is 100% of them time AMEX. When I deal with school systems, its also always Amex.

If you are NOT going to handle Amex, it MUST be clearly stated everywhere the buyer can begin an order, not just allow them to enter any card and fail it later on.

I have not bought a domain through UD, so I dont know what the transaction flow looks like, but if it does not clearly state AMEX is a no-no, you are going to have frustrated potential buyers who will walk away and not even comment or ask for help.

Buying domains under a thousand bucks is quite often an impulse buy, but if the impulse is cooled off by frustration, you/we will lose sales.

Last edited:
•••
And this sums it all.

While I fully understand businesses not using Amex, it is important to understand that most companies have their own Amex, and only Amex cards, just for business transactions.

I have been running dial-up, hosting, design, computer repair, consulting, you name it, businesses for over 30 years, in many different companies in different locations and without any exaggeration, have manually processed at least 10,000 credit card transactions. The number of Amex card holders is huge and if you do not allow for it you WILL lose business.

For example yesterday one of the law firms here on Long Island wanted to renew their hosting for 2 years, but wanted to pay by check. I told them we no longer accept checks and their first response was "We'll use the corp Amex card". When I deal with medical companies and credit cards, it is 100% of them time AMEX. When I deal with school systems, its also always Amex.

If you are NOT going to handle Amex it MUST be clearly stated everywhere the buyer can begin an order, not just allow them to enter any card and fail it later on.

I have not bought a domain through UD, so I dont know what the transaction flow looks like, but if it does not clearly state AMEX is a no-no, you are going to have frustrated potential buyers who will walk away and not even comment or ask for help.

Buying domains under a thousand bucks is quite often an impulse buy, but if the impulse is cooled off by frustration, you/we will lose sales.

•••
How to CounterOffer with comment? As on Sedo...
I don't see how to insert comment... only amount...

You need to make the counter offer first. Then immediately, there is an option to send a message where you can type in the message/comment. So the buyer will see the counter offer followed by the comment.
'
@Undeveloped

Please add the Comment field by default... to avoid one more step.

•••
There is no reason to mention AMEX unless it is an accepted form of payment. The default is AMEX is only mentioned when it can be used as a form of payment.

•••
i think they said they take amex via paypal.
so saying amex not accepted is not entirely accurate.

•••
i think they said they take amex via paypal.
so saying amex not accepted is not entirely accurate.
No, PAYPAL accepts Amex, not Undeveloped. You can buy via Paypal using your Amex. UD does not accept Amex.

•••
No, PAYPAL accepts Amex, not Undeveloped. You can buy via Paypal using your Amex. UD does not accept Amex.

quoting one of undev postS:

......"As mentioned earlier, we've had zero instances where a buyer contacts us to explicitly pay with Amex which we haven't resolved. For example, buyers still can pay with Amex when they use Paypal.
...."

Last edited:
•••
•••
quoting one of undev postS:

......"As mentioned earlier, we've had zero instances where a buyer contacts us to explicitly pay with Amex which we haven't resolved. For example, buyers still can pay with Amex when they use Paypal.
...."
That does NOT mean UD takes Amex. It means they have to use PP to use their Amex.

People are muddying this up. UD must clearly state it does not take Amex or it will keep getting flak like it is now.

•••
That does NOT mean UD takes Amex. It means they have to use PP to use their Amex.

People are muddying this up. UD must clearly state it does not take Amex or it will keep getting flak like it is now.

I think muddying things up is for undev to say there is no way to pay with amex, when buyers can clearly used amex through paypal to pay for undev sales.

•••
Undeveloped has tier one customer service, they never leave a stone unturned. It is a pleasure to do business with them. a fantastic team of very very professionals at Undeveloped.

•••

Hi Ayo,

Quick update. We're deploying the following fix today:

upload_2019-5-1_15-29-29.png

The reminder note is only shown when the user clicks on paying with credit card and so doesn't clutter the overall UI.

Kind regards,

Reza

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi Ayo,

Show attachment 117815

The reminder note is only shown when the user clicks on paying with credit card and so doesn't clutter the overall UI.

Kind regards,

Reza

ok ty but are u sure its not good idea to say somewhere that if buyer needs to use amex then they can do so thru paypal?

•••
ok ty but are u sure its not good idea to say somewhere that if buyer needs to use amex then they can do so thru paypal?

Hi Alcy, I get where you're coming from but we'd rather like to speak to the buyer ourselves and guide them. Paypal is not available in all regions for example and there are some edge cases which require our attention.

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
here is what I saw done on another market to resolve forever the issue of conflicts and verifications.. in case you are interested:

on top of allowing your current dns (so that we don't have to change all our dns for all names thus far) every member is also assigned a specific account # ... which then goes infront of current dns string.. say say... 1901.dns.undeveloped.com

this is randomly generated for each members account. and they just input it into their new dns string from that day on.

then if there is a conflict your system basically tries to match this number few times a day... say every 6 hours... or 3 hours... and if a match, then it auto verifies.

this should be much faster and easier to iplemnet for you solution than cleaning up old names.

hope this helps
ty

hope u didnt miss this @Undeveloped
u been busy with amex
ty

•••
Hi Ayo,

Show attachment 117815

Kind regards,

Reza
All you needed to do all along.. Kudos

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back